Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Here we go:
BACKGROUND:
I didn’t look to buy an EV. Just needed another car and want it to be a sporty crossover, AWD, not cloth interior , CarPlay , and within my budget. When I found the Mach E, I had to figure out if an EV would work for me. I ordered December 2021, car got built July 16. I feel very fortunate, my build is post hvjb recall, missed the axle recall , and I got it 4 weeks later, so it never really sat very long.

THE SHORT VERSION:
The car is everything I expected and more. I look forward to driving it. The EV experience has been seemless with a home level 2 charger. The only caution for new buyers is to use cold the weather range estimates (suggest awd , ext range use 220 miles) to decide if EV good for you.

Okay.. more details on Things I am surprised I really like, living with an EV, and the well sorta annoying stuff.

THE PLEASANT SURPRISES:
-The EV instant torque was expected , but wow it just never gets old
-The big screen I figured would be an acquired taste. Nope having that big Waze map up is wonderful
-Hands free Blue Cruise. I thought it a gimmick, but really does make highway driving easier.
-and the most guilty silly pleasure.. the pony puddle lights. Totally juvenile giddy smile seeing those things come on

LIVING WITH AN EV:
Again I didn’t need / want an EV. I looked at my daily use (30 miles) , with a weekly 150 mile trip, and some weekends ski trips in Colorado that would require away from home charging.

I debated the need for a home level 2 charger , but opted to get it to eliminate as much range anxiety as possible.

In warm weather , I don’t even think about range. I drive the way I want and I just plug it in and let it charge on off peak hours.

The cold range hit is real , but not as significant as the GOM would lead you to believe.

Longer trips take a bit mental prep. Even with the charging network issues, I don’t worry about getting stranded. I do understand that I will need to allocate more time for charging. Sorta feels inefficient compared to my ICE, just a mindset change.

I’ll refrain from a detailed GOM discussion. It is conservative in most instance , but does not take into account elevation change. If your pushing the range of the MACH E , commit to your own calibration with the GOM as just one input.

THE ANNOYING:
It is a Ford and I am really tolerant of little stuff. The only annoyances I’ll mention: tires and wind noise.

The ca rt 1 tires of 225/18 are okay but I’ll want a bit more traction. I’ll be switching to something else when they wear down.

I get some annoying wind noise over 75ish. There are some easy thing that help. Do a search

Okay that is it.. hopefully this info helps some future buying decisions/ lurkers.
Sponsored

shayna

First Name
niekdoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
kia picanto
Country flag
So happy for you guys! Blucifer Twocifer is going to be an unwieldy name over time. I would probably just end up shortening that down to Twoces (like Dueces).

Kodi nox

Last edited: