400+ mile range on the Larger HVB of the Mach E is doable? Yes!

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Yes 400 miles in the spring/summer/fall is something I expect to see I'm regularly in good weather when not racing around.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 400+ mile range on the Larger HVB of the Mach E is doable?  Yes! B6104A8E-C9ED-4165-9DEF-D9CEED672F5E
Sponsored

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Yes 400 miles in the spring/summer/fall is something I expect to see I'm regularly in good weather when not racing around.
B6104A8E-C9ED-4165-9DEF-D9CEED672F5E.jpeg
mine shows similarly in summer - upper 280 - low 290; Max 330 plus when charging 100%. I usually charge at 90% ( especially now as safety until GM figures it out). 100% for longer trips.
One draw back at 100% is that regen. is delayed until you use some electricity and a good bit of the regen. energy for everyday trips is at the beginning of the trip. At 90% the regen kicks in right away.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
mine shows similarly in summer - upper 280 - low 290; Max 330 plus when charging 100%. I usually charge at 90% ( especially now as safety until GM figures it out). 100% for longer trips.
LOL! Pandemic + GM's re-flash means mine is showing 134 miles on a full charge right now :(

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
LOL! Pandemic + GM's re-flash means mine is showing 134 miles on a full charge right now :(
I did not let them touch it since they claim they are unsure of the cause. I keep it at 90% for now which does not alter my routine/lifestyle for now. Plus it is winter. If the problem is actually overheating....

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 400+ mile range on the Larger HVB of the Mach E is doable?  Yes! B6104A8E-C9ED-4165-9DEF-D9CEED672F5E
This is pic from Chevy Bolt. I had a 2018 Bolt and the best I ever go was about 5miles/kwh. My leaf only gets about 3.5 miles/kwh. There is no way that our Mach E is gonna get 400 miles of range unless you drive downhill for the first half of it.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
In the RV world there is the 330 rule: go no more than 330 miles per day or stop at 3:30pm whichever comes first--its a little bit more relaxed way of traveling.
My wife has the same sentiment. We never pull the RV more than six hours a day.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
This is pic from Chevy Bolt. I had a 2018 Bolt and the best I ever go was about 5miles/kwh. My leaf only gets about 3.5 miles/kwh. There is no way that our Mach E is gonna get 400 miles of range unless you drive downhill for the first half of it.
That is my Bolt with me driving it around town (at 50 mph max). You see the 7.6m/kWh. That would be 500 miles in the Bolt but I've never been able to do 400 in the Bolt. I've done +350 a couple of times.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
I did not let them touch it since they claim they are unsure of the cause. I keep it at 90% for now which does not alter my routine/lifestyle for now. Plus it is winter. If the problem is actually overheating....
Yeah they called me and was being all dramatic: "Um you have to bring your car in because of FIRE!"

At the time I didn't mind because I thought that the Mach-E was only a month or so away. Yeah I know how naive of me LOL.

Nonetheless I still think the Mach-E will be here before GM comes up with a final solution for the problem (which means I can drop the Bolt off for the fix and tell them to keep it ;) ).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. The ER Mach-E is 1300 lbs heavier than the Bolt.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Challenge accepted...now where is my Mach-E...oh wait :(

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah they called me and was being all dramatic: "Um you have to bring your car in because of FIRE!"

At the time I didn't mind because I thought that the Mach-E was only a month or so away. Yeah I know how naive of me LOL.

Nonetheless I still think the Mach-E will be here before GM comes up with a final solution for the problem (which means I can drop the Bolt off for the fix and tell them to keep it ;) ).
Ours is a 2019 Bolt. We purchased it as soon as they were on the lot(found the one we wanted at second dealership; my wife insists on light interiors so we were a bit lucky). Consequently, it is now two years plus of driving the Bolt. If you had told me anytime in the last 45 years that I would own a GM product I would have heartily laughed. It is nothing like any GM produced heretofore. It is a great car and you have to be told again and again that it is in fact a GM product. GM never, ever considered manufacturing good quality until now. Granted, quality in an EV is a piece of cake.
We waited for the 2019 for the good seats and improved suspension, which made a difference. My wife likes smaller sized vehicles. The MME will be her upper limit. We are going to keep the Bolt and rotate usage.
We have solar and we try to use the solar panels for as much charging as we can. That means daytime charging with level 1. We use the EVSE at night and daytime, only after longer trips (25mi+). We are now both retired, therefor rarely have two cars in use simultaneously any more.
The MME will certainly be driven the vast majority of the time.
Has anyone seen my MME yet? (Production is next week, crossed fingers)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Ours is a 2019 Bolt. We purchased it as soon as they were on the lot(found the one we wanted at second dealership; my wife insists on light interiors so we were a bit lucky). Consequently, it is now two years plus of driving the Bolt. If you had told me anytime in the last 45 years that I would own a GM product I would have heartily laughed. It is nothing like any GM produced heretofore. It is a great car and you have to be told again and again that it is in fact a GM product. GM never, ever considered manufacturing good quality until now. Granted, quality in an EV is a piece of cake.
We waited for the 2019 for the good seats and improved suspension, which made a difference. My wife likes smaller sized vehicles. The MME will be her upper limit. We are going to keep the Bolt and rotate usage.
We have solar and we try to use the solar panels for as much charging as we can. That means daytime charging with level 1. We use the EVSE at night and daytime, only after longer trips (25mi+). We are now both retired, therefor rarely have two cars in use simultaneously any more.
The MME will certainly be driven the vast majority of the time.
Has anyone seen my MME yet? (Production is next week, crossed fingers)
Seats were fixed in 2018. I've had no issues with the seats.
Sponsored