400 Miles in a Premium RWD Standard Range

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I did expect this for the puddle lights when it's in the garage as the phone is still connected to it no matter where I am in the house, plus it's not locked in the garage, but the mirrors are manually folded.

When I'm out though, picking up food or running an errand when it's dark out, I would expect them to "detect" me approaching as I'm well out of Bluetooth range when I'm away, and when I come back. Car is locked (via the app with mirrors set to auto fold).
Just for the heck of it, try turning on walk away lock and auto fold mirrors on lock to see if its maybe tied to the fact that you're manually locking it? Or try pressing the lock button on the door outside instead of through the app. It might just be since the app is locking the car, its causing a bug for some reason.
Sponsored

OP
OP
beckermanex

beckermanex

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Prem RWD
Occupation
Information Management
Country flag
Just for the heck of it, try turning on walk away lock and auto fold mirrors on lock to see if its maybe tied to the fact that you're manually locking it? Or try pressing the lock button on the door outside instead of through the app. It might just be since the app is locking the car, its causing a bug for some reason.
So I've think I've figured out the issue, the car doesn't detect when I leave or when I return, which may be causing the welcome lighting to not work. I drove it to the store and left it with Auto-Lock on, came back and it wasn't locked, so if it doesn't detect I left, that's why it doesn't detect I'm back.

EDIT: From a distance I could tell the mirrors weren't folded, as they're set to do when the car is locked, which is how I knew it wasn't locked and didn't just unlock as I approached.

The only thing I can think of was that the power down time (set at 15m) would trigger the auto-lock? I can't seem to figure out the workflow of how long after it doesn't detect a heartbeat from my phone or fob that it will lock. If it can't do that, then it won't know when I'm back.

I was way out of bluetooth range and didn't have the fob on me, only PaaK.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So I've think I've figured out the issue, the car doesn't detect when I leave or when I return, which may be causing the welcome lighting to not work. I drove it to the store and left it with Auto-Lock on, came back and it wasn't locked, so if it doesn't detect I left, that's why it doesn't detect I'm back.

EDIT: From a distance I could tell the mirrors weren't folded, as they're set to do when the car is locked, which is how I knew it wasn't locked and didn't just unlock as I approached.

The only thing I can think of was that the power down time (set at 15m) would trigger the auto-lock? I can't seem to figure out the workflow of how long after it doesn't detect a heartbeat from my phone or fob that it will lock. If it can't do that, then it won't know when I'm back.

I was way out of bluetooth range and didn't have the fob on me, only PaaK.
Power down time has nothing to do with it. Mine does it when I walk maybe 15 feet away from it or if I stand next to it for around 30 seconds or something, it'll lock.

I would do one last test: either leave your phone at home or put it in airplane mode, go to the store with the fob and see if 1. it auto locks, 2. if the welcome lights come on when you approach. You can also turn on "notification beep" or whatever when it auto locks, that way you'll actually know when walking away if it worked.

This would at least allow us to pinpoint if it is PaaK related or some module bugging out. I would bet it is PaaK that is bugging out and the fob will work.
Sponsored