4th time in the shop in less than 14 months....

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is this common for 1st model year cars? It the first new car I've ever owned. HVJB (with 10k maintenance), glass reseal, 2nd fob programming, now software recall/fixing the weatherstripping. This seems excessive. Not to mention other 2 other service visits while I waited at the dealership.

Since I've only owned used cars, I've dropped them off for service when the got really sick, otherwise, normal while you wait maintenance. I'm coming up on my 20k maintenance, I just want to stop going to the dealership every couple of months.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Sponsored

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
I've had a similar experience: Need to bring the car in for recall work, etc. In my experience, the service shops, while friendly enough, haven't been enthusiastic to work on the car, and often there's only one or two technicians that have been assigned to Mach-E fixes. This slows things down considerably if they happen to be out, regardless if you scheduled service.

I would say a lot of this has been self-imposed: Nobody forced me to take my car in, I just wanted the updates and recall work done sooner than waiting for an OTA. IMHO, this was a good idea seeing as I've only ever received one OTA update.

Like most issues with the Mach-E, I feel like this falls squarely on Ford's software and lack of consistency. Not to mention service centers simply not wanting to touch this thing because it's a hassle and they just don't get paid for it (the HVJB recall work is less than an hour's worth of billable time IIRC.)

Sucks, but I'd say it comes with being an early adopter. Can only hope @Ford Motor Company is listening.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Ours has been in 3 times over 13 months and 10K miles. Once for 2nd Fob program and twice for software updates. Still holding back on the glass recalls.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Sorry if this has already been covered, but has anyone successfully received a partial credit from Ford Credit for a financed vehicle that has been unavailable for 2 or more weeks due to repairs and parts delays?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Thank you @macchiaz-o - I thought I remembered seeing some mention, but I also thought I was dreaming!

Ironically enough, this evening the adaptive cruise control went out again with a “Front Camera fault” error, the same error I’ve had for months that the 14 day July “car holiday” for a HW and SW repair that supposedly resolved this issue!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thank you @macchiaz-o - I thought I remembered seeing some mention, but I also thought I was dreaming!

Ironically enough, this evening the adaptive cruise control went out again with a “Front Camera fault” error, the same error I’ve had for months that the 14 day July “car holiday” for a HW and SW repair that supposedly resolved this issue!
Good luck. I hope they get it fixed properly for you. You might need to try a different dealer, and/or contact Ford's BEV team (by asking for them via the regular customer service phone number).

OP
OP

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I mean, I don't want to sound ungrateful (I have the B variant HVJB, installed back in Feb, when no one thought these were even available to be installed), but my first year or so of ownership has not been awesome, with dealer shenanigans and such.
Sponsored