Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Got a reply from the dealership: I get the old price, minus the $2k rebate, but the dealer added $1250 of their junk fees. So I'm still thinking if I should take this delivery or walk away and reorder from a no-fee dealership. Considering that I don't need blue cruise anyway, that would save me about 3k.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Got a reply from the dealership: I get the old price, minus the $2k rebate, but the dealer added $1250 of their junk fees. So I'm still thinking if I should take this delivery or walk away and reorder from a no-fee dealership. Considering that I don't need blue cruise anyway, that would save me about 3k.
What do you mean by junk fees? The car hasn't hit their lot yet so tell them you don't want any dealer installed options before they even have a chance to add them.

If it's on the paperwork end, I just looked up the max doc fees a dealer in Florida can charge by law, which is $895. The average for Florida is $670. Keep in mind that there should be no other fees such as "online registration" as they're included in doc fees - you can argue this with them and they'll back down since it's state law.

I wouldn't walk away from the car. You waited this long. Also, while it's good to communicate via email so you have records, if your salesman isn't cooperating ask to speak with the sales manager.

I'm somewhat expecting a similar fight, and have been since I ordered. Just go in there having done your homework.

Also, check this out:

mikeblv

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What do you mean by junk fees? The car hasn't hit their lot yet so tell them you don't want any dealer installed options before they even have a chance to add them.

If it's on the paperwork end, I just looked up the max doc fees a dealer in Florida can charge by law, which is $895. The average for Florida is $670. Keep in mind that there should be no other fees such as "online registration" as they're included in doc fees - you can argue this with them and they'll back down since it's state law.

I wouldn't walk away from the car. You waited this long. Also, while it's good to communicate via email so you have records, if your salesman isn't cooperating ask to speak with the sales manager.

I'm somewhat expecting a similar fight, and have been since I ordered. Just go in there having done your homework.

Also, check this out:
Thank you, the video is very useful. Junk fees are pre-delivery preparation etc. They did not include it as a doc fee. What is also frustrating is that ordering a new vehicle with BC and the charging cord is already $400 cheaper, even after the 2k rebate is applied, plus those games from the dealer. What an atrocious customer experience @Ford Motor Company

Here is the quote from my dealer Greenway Ford:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/15/23 Build Week Gang 1685741272940

And here is the quote for another car from Mullinax (just to demonstrate the fee difference):
Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/15/23 Build Week Gang 1685741603787

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Thank you, the video is very useful. Junk fees are pre-delivery preparation etc. They did not include it as a doc fee. What is also frustrating is that ordering a new vehicle with BC and the charging cord is already $400 cheaper, even after the 2k rebate is applied, plus those games from the dealer. What an atrocious customer experience @Ford Motor Company

Here is the quote from my dealer Greenway Ford:
1685741272940.png

And here is the quote for another car from Mullinax (just to demonstrate the fee difference):
1685741603787.png
I'd call them out on what pre-delivery prep means, and absolutely keep tagging @Ford Motor Company here, and across any social media. Perhaps even include the dealership's social media account along with it.

The key in dealing with them is state your questions as fact. Even if you're not sure you're right. I'd also point to the $899 pre delivery charge and suggest that it certainly appears to you that they're circumventing FTC regulations and state law with all of the junk fees.

They know they're trying to slide fees into the deal, but they're hoping you don't know. Based on the video, I'd walk in there like I knew the FTC regulations inside and out. Put them on the defensive.

EDIT ** something I found out in my buyer's order. The calculated sales tax was wrong. By $100 even. Something else they know people aren't going to do the math on and check.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
So far my tracking journey from Mexico to Southeastern PA has been:
5/22 > Built
5/28 > Shipped

Updates via Norfolk Southern
DOFC - Departed on flat car
IAT - Intermediate arrival on train
AVPL - Available for Placement

5/29 > Lecheria Yard, Mexico
6/1 > arrived at Sanchez Rail Yard, Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico (11:30p)
6/5 > 16:48 DOFC Laredo, TX
6/6 > 23:18 DOFC Beaumont, TX
6/7 > 13:38 DOFC Leesville, LA
6/8 > 00:27 IAT Shreveport, LA
6/9 > 02:02 DOFC Shreveport, LA
6/9 > 10:00 DOFC DeQueen, AR
6/9 > 17:16 DOFC Heavener, OK
6/9 > 23:38 DOFC Watts, OK
6/10 > 13:52 DOFC International FG Kansas City, MO
6/10 > 19:15 IAT Volts Yard, Kansas City, MO
6/12 > 03:00 DOFC Volts Yard, Kansas City, MO
6/12 > 08:55 DOFC Clapper, MO
6/13 > 04:59 DOFC Palmer, IL
6/13 > 06:54 DOFC Lafayette Junction, IN
6/13 > 16:41 DOFC Bellevue, OH
6/14 > 19:56 DOFC Alliance, OH
6/15 > 02:35 IAT Conway, PA
6/16 > 10:31 DOFC New Florence, PA
6/16 > 13:28 IAT Altoona, PA
6/16 > 14:14 DOFC Altoona, PA
6/16 > 15:28 DOFC Mill Creek, PA
6/16 > 17:14 IAT Enola, PA
6/18 > 04:07 DOFC Perryville, MD
6/19 > 04:47 AVPL Edgemoor, DE
6/22 > 05:58 DOFC Edgemoor, DE
6/22 > 09:52 Actual Placement of Car, Wilmington DE
6/22 > 15:50 Unloaded from train (RMTY), Wilmington DE
6/26 > early am. Account "Last updated" changed to 6/26
6/26 > 1530 Account status Final Prep, Ford email to complete purchase
6/28 > Delivered

Yes, this is exhaustive and overkill, but figure I'll list these in case someone ends up searching for any of these locations or are trying to figure out what on earth the automated message is saying. I know there were several times where I couldn't figure out what was being said, so perhaps this could help someone in the future. I think I searched for a town called "Clapperscanner MO" for an hour before realizing it was a scanner that the train went through in Clapper, MO.

Last edited:

Kenny008

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT PE 2023 (build week 5/19) Rapid Red Nite Pony
Country flag
Glad to see some of you are having movement. Mine still says "In production 5/22/2023", and nothing since then. Hoping to see it "Built" soon!

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi, got the shipped email yesterday
Ordered 2-10-23
In Production 4-25-23
Built 5-17-23
Shipped 6-6-23
Arrival at dealer 6-9-23 to 6-20-23

Hopefully it will be at dealer before 7-5-23, so I can take advantage of all Ford offers......only negative is I received a $5000 incentive from NJ when I bought my '21 Select AND if I don't keep it 36 months I must repay the balance......so I must repay about $ 138 /month......and the new incentive will only be $2000 because incentive was lowered due to the success of the program (incentive between $2000-$4000 based on MSRP).....

It is what it is......I still get the $2000 incentive, no sales tax in NJ, trade in of my '21 Select, Ford offers of at least $3250, new Ford prices.....and $3750 tax credit

mikeblv

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'd call them out on what pre-delivery prep means, and absolutely keep tagging @Ford Motor Company here, and across any social media. Perhaps even include the dealership's social media account along with it.

The key in dealing with them is state your questions as fact. Even if you're not sure you're right. I'd also point to the $899 pre delivery charge and suggest that it certainly appears to you that they're circumventing FTC regulations and state law with all of the junk fees.

They know they're trying to slide fees into the deal, but they're hoping you don't know. Based on the video, I'd walk in there like I knew the FTC regulations inside and out. Put them on the defensive.

EDIT ** something I found out in my buyer's order. The calculated sales tax was wrong. By $100 even. Something else they know people aren't going to do the math on and check.
So I asked the sales director to clarify those charges. His response: "These are the same fees that were agreed to when we ordered the unit for you. I will split the fees with you since it seems you did not see this in the beginning." - total BS. I placed the order online myself and chose this dealership, because it was the closest to me. I responded clarifying all their FTC rule violations and copied their GM. Got a response that she would investigate and get back to me by EOD Monday. And still nothing, she has not responded to my follow-up email either.

Also, I spoke with the ford marketing team yesterday, and they told me that neither a 3-year BC subscription, nor a mobile charger are included with my purchase and I still have to pay the price the dealer is giving me, because their price protection works only against increases. This makes no sense at all.

And the car has not been shipped yet. I think it's because of Florida. One local dealer has an order for the exact same vehicle, and it's been sitting "in production" since 5/11.

I know most people don't have those issues but I just got very unlucky with this order. I thought ford was a reliable company.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
So I asked the sales director to clarify those charges. His response: "These are the same fees that were agreed to when we ordered the unit for you. I will split the fees with you since it seems you did not see this in the beginning." - total BS. I placed the order online myself and chose this dealership, because it was the closest to me. I responded clarifying all their FTC rule violations and copied their GM. Got a response that she would investigate and get back to me by EOD Monday. And still nothing, she has not responded to my follow-up email either.

Also, I spoke with the ford marketing team yesterday, and they told me that neither a 3-year BC subscription, nor a mobile charger are included with my purchase and I still have to pay the price the dealer is giving me, because their price protection works only against increases. This makes no sense at all.

And the car has not been shipped yet. I think it's because of Florida. One local dealer has an order for the exact same vehicle, and it's been sitting "in production" since 5/11.

I know most people don't have those issues but I just got very unlucky with this order. I thought ford was a reliable company.

Your dealer likely hasn't responded to your email regarding the FTC violations because you've spooked them. They don't want to put anything in writing to you & are hoping you just drop it altogether. Remember, they know they're wrong & you're calling them out on it. They're not used to people being informed on FTC regulations & are also playing on your desire for the car after waiting so long.

It's probably more impactful if you're sitting there waiting to sign and you tell them that unless they remove all of the fees, not split them, you walk. Also let them know if you do walk, you're reporting them to the FTC.

I doubt they'd be willing to risk an investigation - even as remote as that might be - for a few hundred bucks.

It really sucks that anyone has to deal with this @Ford Motor Company. The dealerships are a point of friction that many consumers just don't want to deal with.

Good luck!

mikeblv

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Your dealer likely hasn't responded to your email regarding the FTC violations because you've spooked them. They don't want to put anything in writing to you & are hoping you just drop it altogether. Remember, they know they're wrong & you're calling them out on it. They're not used to people being informed on FTC regulations & are also playing on your desire for the car after waiting so long.

It's probably more impactful if you're sitting there waiting to sign and you tell them that unless they remove all of the fees, not split them, you walk. Also let them know if you do walk, you're reporting them to the FTC.

I doubt they'd be willing to risk an investigation - even as remote as that might be - for a few hundred bucks.

It really sucks that anyone has to deal with this @Ford Motor Company. The dealerships are a point of friction that many consumers just don't want to deal with.

Good luck!
Yeah, I'll wait until the delivery day and just see what happens (if they are going to release the car to me at all). But my excitement is definitely gone now. Either way it's not smart of them to hide their heads in the sand and count on me dropping it. I already have all the evidence needed and it would make much more sense to try and fix the relationship with the customer.

By the way, it turned out that the marketing team gave me wrong information about the BC and the charger. I got help on this forum last night with checking the build sheet - and the charger is there, so BC should be included as well.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Yeah, I'll wait until the delivery day and just see what happens (if they are going to release the car to me at all). But my excitement is definitely gone now. Either way it's not smart of them to hide their heads in the sand and count on me dropping it. I already have all the evidence needed and it would make much more sense to try and fix the relationship with the customer.

By the way, it turned out that the marketing team gave me wrong information about the BC and the charger. I got help on this forum last night with checking the build sheet - and the charger is there, so BC should be included as well.
How could you verify this by checking the build sheet (assuming by this you mean window sticker?)

I asked my salesman if since my price went up that meant the BC sub and the charger were now included, but no response.

mikeblv

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
How could you verify this by checking the build sheet (assuming by this you mean window sticker?)

I asked my salesman if since my price went up that meant the BC sub and the charger were now included, but no response.
A build sheet is something different, some people here have a subscription where they check it.

mmeMoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2023 GT
Country flag
Tracker says Final Preparation, but I got an email from Dealer saying the car is estimated arrival on week of 6/23. What does that mean? Any thoughts?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/15/23 Build Week Gang 1686269479333

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Tracker says Final Preparation, but I got an email from Dealer saying the car is estimated arrival on week of 6/23. What does that mean? Any thoughts?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/15/23 Build Week Gang 1686269479333
I'd assume that means it's at or headed to your dealer already. My car just left Shreveport LA, and I shipped 3 days after you. In the least, I'd bet that you get your car well before 6/23.