John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have not seen any production notices as far as stoppage or delays. Maybe there isn't any update available even though cars are being produced at the plant.

I will not accept defeat. My car will come.
Maybe it's as simple as the tracking lags substantially more than we are told.
Sponsored

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Maybe it's as simple as the tracking lags substantially more than we are told.
My 4/18 (or 4/20) build had the modules instantly populated.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Some 5/2 build group members are reporting that their vehicles were produced middle of this week and that modules were updated right away...which is what @voxel also reported.

It appears we are experiencing a production delay, hopefully a short one🤞

MRyan7465

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I was scheduled for the week of May 2 but got put in the last batch of that group (5676). FINALLY got modules tonight at 8:15 PST. I'm #252/360.

I'd imagine your guys' build week will start showing some modules late tonight or tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Some 5/2 build group members are reporting that their vehicles were produced middle of this week and that modules were updated right away...which is what @voxel also reported.

So two weeks behind then?

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So two weeks behind then?
It is for some in 5/2 group. The delay is probably much shorter for us given there’s no one left in the 5/9 group (I was one, but got moved to 5/16).

However, ford is still unable to hold to their schedule yet.

Last edited:

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
"Build Week" Day 5: Car still shows "in production" with no date on Ford order tracker. No modules loaded on the Motorcraft as built page.

Build Group 5992 180/874

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was scheduled for the week of May 2 but got put in the last batch of that group (5676). FINALLY got modules tonight at 8:15 PST. I'm #252/360.

I'd imagine your guys' build week will start showing some modules late tonight or tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!
Is your group last in the 5/2 build week?

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

This is one of my biggest gripes with Ford during this whole process. We are currently living through a very fluid and short-end-of-the-stick supply chain scenario. Everyone knows that, and I believe most everyone can be understanding. But when they give a build week, if, to quote Forrest Gump, shit happens, they should let us know, rather than leave us in the dark guessing at why our vehicle that we've waited 6 months for that should have been built this week appears to not have been built.

All it takes is an email, something like this:

Due to [tell us the reasons, or just say "unforseen circumstances"], your vehicle will not be built this week. We expect it to be built by [give us an estimate based on how far behind orders are currently being built], and will keep you updated in the event of any changes.

Here's a $5000 credit. (I crack myself up)

Thanks,
Ford
I doubt it would be that hard for Ford to do. And I know I as a customer would hugely appreciate it.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is one of my biggest gripes with Ford during this whole process. We are currently living through a very fluid and short-end-of-the-stick supply chain scenario. Everyone knows that, and I believe most everyone can be understanding. But when they give a build week, if, to quote Forrest Gump, shit happens, they should let us know, rather than leave us in the dark guessing at why our vehicle that we've waited 6 months for that should have been built this week appears to not have been built.

I doubt it would be that hard for Ford to do. And I know I as a customer would hugely appreciate it.
Completely agree!

We are 28 months into the pandemic. They ought to have an idea how to predict and deal with the next set of disruptions.

This is not rocket science.

Yevi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium
Country flag
Completely agree!

We are 28 months into the pandemic. They ought to have an idea how to predict and deal with the next set of disruptions.

This is not rocket science.
I will disagree a little. With all the details that are just on the window sticker, it is a complex process to bring everything together.

However, I think updates to reflect reality, even if its Friday before the date to shift kind of thing, is better. Transparency is typically better and well-received by sophisticated buyers such as us.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will disagree a little. With all the details that are just on the window sticker, it is a complex process to bring everything together.

However, I think updates to reflect reality, even if its Friday before the date to shift kind of thing, is better. Transparency is typically better and well-received by sophisticated buyers such as us.
You often won’t know exactly what will go wrong, rather something will. Ford is updating us based on what has already happened, not what can and will likely happen in the future. Bake additional delays in the cake because the world is uncertain and you know that things will happen, even if you don’t know the exact details.

I’ve worked as a production planner a long time ago, so believe me I empathise. But it’s not an unsolvable problem….especially that this car has literally 2 body variants, 2 batteries and 4 trims. It is actually orders of magnitude simpler than any other ford product out there.

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag

Ford already provides this information to the dealer. A good dealer should be providing you frequent updates on your order. If you are not getting it talk to the GM at your dealer.
Sponsored