5/2/22 Build Week Gang

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
That's what I thought. I contacted Ford chat and got my railcar number. Called CSX and that's what the prompt told me. It said no ETA, but it's only 9.5 hours from me so I'm hoping for no hold-ups
There's no way this is possible. It takes minimum 10 days to get to KC from Mexico.
Sponsored

OP
OP
P. T. Magoo

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Gratz on the successful outlet install. Did you have any concerns with available space in your electrical box or maxing out amps?
Nope, that wasn't a problem. It's a small house, when we moved in it had an antiquated service box area. 60-amp box with screw in fuses, a bank of outdated push-matics branched off that. That all had to go when we had central air installed. Contractor put in a 200-amp box with plenty of extra capacity and un-used breaker slots.

Since then I installed an EVSE for my wife's Volt and now this circuit for my EVSE. Both passed inspection without a hitch. Bit by bit I've also been replacing un-grounded branch circuits and outlets with modern grounded circuits/outlets. I've learned a lot, and after all these projects I'm on a first-name basis with the local electrical inspector.

To anybody that installs their own 240-volt EVSE circuit I highly recommend having it professionally inspected. If you've inadvertently done anything that wouldn't pass code you want to know about it right away and get it fixed up right.

clsmooths

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT performance & Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Assistant manager
Country flag
Just spoke with Ford and my batch 5559 has no chip shortage or anything to cause it to be delayed. Expect delivery between June 19th-27th...😃

discobeef

First Name
Biff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Nope, that wasn't a problem. It's a small house, when we moved in it had an antiquated service box area. 60-amp box with screw in fuses, a bank of outdated push-matics branched off that. That all had to go when we had central air installed. Contractor put in a 200-amp box with plenty of extra capacity and un-used breaker slots.

Since then I installed an EVSE for my wife's Volt and now this circuit for my EVSE. Both passed inspection without a hitch. Bit by bit I've also been replacing un-grounded branch circuits and outlets with modern grounded circuits/outlets. I've learned a lot, and after all these projects I'm on a first-name basis with the local electrical inspector.

To anybody that installs their own 240-volt EVSE circuit I highly recommend having it professionally inspected. If you've inadvertently done anything that wouldn't pass code you want to know about it right away and get it fixed up right.
I nominate you our 5/2 build group thread local electrical expert :)

Did you get 200 AMP service to go with the new 200AMP box? Already had 200AMP service or just the bigger box for future proof and dont currently have 200 AMP service?

Getting 200AMP service where I am isnt easy or cheap. My only option seems to be to move/repurpose the circuit that my dryer is supposed to be using as I have a gas dryer and dont use the 14-50 in my house for that. Maybe im too worried about overusing my 100AMP service with level 2 charging?

discobeef

First Name
Biff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Just spoke with Ford and my batch 5559 has no chip shortage or anything to cause it to be delayed. Expect delivery between June 19th-27th...😃
Awesome, thanks for checking with them on that! Man, end of June would be perfect for me if mine ends up on that timeline also. Im guessing yours will be on a boat and mine on rail so no telling if the timeline is similar.

Anyhow, great news for our batch! And hopefully the other batches too.

New Edge

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Cobra KB 2.2, 22 MB GLB 250, 22 GTPE on order
Country flag
I’m batch 5527. Had modules last week but ford tracker still says 5/2 build date and in production.
However my dealer texted me yesterday that my car is built and expected to arrive at dealer between 5/28 and 6/3. Seems unlikely but I’ll keep hoping.

I’m a couple hours from Kansas City in Springfield, MO.

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
Do all cars go to Kansas first?
From what I have read, all cars going to the US get shipped to Kansas City first and then get directed out to wherever they are going.

Kismit

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium ER RWD IBSM ordered 11/6
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag

Did you get 200 AMP service to go with the new 200AMP box? Already had 200AMP service or just the bigger box for future proof and dont currently have 200 AMP service?

Getting 200AMP service where I am isnt easy or cheap. My only option seems to be to move/repurpose the circuit that my dryer is supposed to be using as I have a gas dryer and dont use the 14-50 in my house for that. Maybe im too worried about overusing my 100AMP service with level 2 charging?
I repurposed the electrical meant for my range for an outdoor spa a few years back- now I'm getting rid of the spa since I have an inground pool/spa now and hoping to use that same circuit for my MME

Kismit

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium ER RWD IBSM ordered 11/6
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
From what I have read, all cars going to the US get shipped to Kansas City first and then get directed out to wherever they are going.
augh! But we're so close to Mexico....

clsmooths

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT performance & Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Assistant manager
Country flag
Not necessarily, I've been told by my dealer that being here in Florida our cars are shipped to a Texas hub(like KC's) and I'm sorry but I forgot exactly where. Then put on a truck shipped to Jacksonville and then the dealer finds the quickest carrier to deliver them from Jacksonville.

OP
OP
P. T. Magoo

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Thanks for the nomination. Just keep in mind that free advice from me is liable to be worth every penny.

When we upgraded our service, I think it was from like 60 amps, to 200, including the fat wire out to the service pole in back. It was costly but the only option if we wanted central air installed.

When the contractor for the AC unit looked at the house, where the vents were, where the air handler could go in the attic, etc., he said it'd be an easy job and then asked to look at the breaker box. When he looked at it he asked me if I owned a toaster. When I said yes he told me to go unplug it. The old service was that overloaded. So we had to go to at least 100, and with that kind of cost, 200 made more sense. We've never looked back.

So short answer would be yes, the whole service is rated 200 amps, and there are plenty of empty spots for new breakers. I'm glad we future proofed when we had to upgrade!

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
When we upgraded our service, I think it was from like 60 amps, to 200, including the fat wire out to the service pole in back. It was costly but the only option if we wanted central air installed.

When the contractor for the AC unit looked at the house, where the vents were, where the air handler could go in the attic, etc., he said it'd be an easy job and then asked to look at the breaker box. When he looked at it he asked me if I owned a toaster. When I said yes he told me to go unplug it. The old service was that overloaded.
Our first house had 60A service, but two of the four 15A legs were bridged into a 220 to run the dryer. That left 30A total for the entire rest of the house. We could run any 2 electrical appliances but clicking the button on the 3rd had one of us trudging around to the outside corner of the house to cycle a breaker. Good times.

We spec'd current house with a 400A panel and 10.1KW of solar panels with a pair of Tesla PowerWalls. Better times.

- Mark

OP
OP
P. T. Magoo

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thought the 5/2 gang might get a kick out of the "Before and after" pics when we had the 60 amp service (state of the art for 1948!) upgraded to 200 amps. The "before" pic after the drywall was taken down still gives me the willies.

The next two "after" pics are from just after the upgrade. Look at all those empty breaker locations in that new box!

Last pic is what it looks like now, after adding a couple EVSEs, a generator feed for power outages, and various other projects. The green sticker is my proof it passed inspection. Still plenty of empty breaker locations. Not sure why the last picture loads sideways. Guess I'm better with lineman's pliers than with pixels? :cool:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/2/22 Build Week Gang 881FACA9-B10F-4A2B-AD9B-5C3B2734CE92
Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/2/22 Build Week Gang 4ABC2398-91CA-43B6-B576-92A5B2103707
Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/2/22 Build Week Gang 9160F1FD-04D4-450A-A7C8-91B8C7FA4B04
Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/2/22 Build Week Gang tempImagee9VRNa