Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium ER RWD IBSM ordered 11/6
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Yes they took that feature out but the foot lift gate package is still in our cars. When chips are more available you have the option to take in to your local dealership and they can install that feature for you. Ford did this so they can sell more cars instead them sitting in a lot waiting for chips. You should see a $325 credit on your window sticker for that missing feature.
The credit is for the park assist not the foot lift gate - nor is there any credit for lack of acoustic glass
Sponsored

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
Yes they took that feature out but the foot lift gate package is still in our cars. When chips are more available you have the option to take in to your local dealership and they can install that feature for you. Ford did this so they can sell more cars instead them sitting in a lot waiting for chips. You should see a $325 credit on your window sticker for that missing feature.
I believe you are remembering incorrectly. The park assist is what they had to remove and give the credit for on the window sticker. We have the option of paying that $325 back to the dealer at a later time to get the module installed. The kick-to-open lift gate was completely removed with no credit given.

Bucket

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 edge 2022 mach e premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I thought they discontinued that
I think I read on one of the forums they were trying to activate. I will start looking for help in this area as i use that feature all the time on my 2017 edge.

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I read on one of the forums they were trying to activate. I will start looking for help in this area as i use that feature all the time on my 2017 edge.
From what I read on this forum, some of the MME's built in January still had the module installed under the bumper. Those that have it installed can activate it using FDRS. I checked under mine and it is not there; which makes sense since why would Ford continue to install a module that they weren't activating. There isn't even a harness down there to buy the sensor and install it. There may be a way to hook into the main harness somewhere, but I am not a fan of cutting a splicing.

discobeef

First Name
Biff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Here are some pics of our car picked up on 7-1. We have been finding reasons to drive somewhere every night. It is so much fun to drive! My expectations have been surpassed in so many areas.

Hoping everyone in build week 5-2 gets delivery soon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/2/22 Build Week Gang image3 - edited
Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/2/22 Build Week Gang image2 - edited
Ford Mustang Mach-E 5/2/22 Build Week Gang image4 - edited

See you all on the road! Take Care.

discobeef

First Name
Biff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow at 11! Been calling all over for PPF/Ceramic and have no idea which direction I'm going LOL
Right on, glad yours is about ready to go.

I decided on cermic only, no PPF. I hope I dont regret it. I didnt want front only PPF and shops here go from 2k for front only to 7k for whole car.

Kismit

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium ER RWD IBSM ordered 11/6
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Right on, glad yours is about ready to go.

I decided on cermic only, no PPF. I hope I dont regret it. I didnt want front only PPF and shops here go from 2k for front only to 7k for whole car.
I was looking at a partial front with ceramic .....but damn.....I feel like this car cost a fortune and just keeps going LOL

clsmooths

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT performance & Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Assistant manager
Country flag
I believe you are remembering incorrectly. The park assist is what they had to remove and give the credit for on the window sticker. We have the option of paying that $325 back to the dealer at a later time to get the module installed. The kick-to-open lift gate was completely removed with no credit given.
Your right guys, was thinking too fast after a busy day...lol
The credit is for the park assist not the foot lift gate - nor is there any credit for lack of acoustic glass

OP
OP
P. T. Magoo

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Actually I think it was the Active Park Assist that they gave us a credit for. I don't think my trim (CA-R1) would have had the kick to open lift gate anyway, but that is an option they deleted a while back due to chips. Rumor has it that some cars have the feature installed but it was disabled out of fairness to those that lack the chips and hardware. Some people with FDRS access and knowhow have managed to hook it back up.

ghostmail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White SR 2022 Mach-E
Country flag
Picked up the Mach-E yesterday. First EV and let me tell you that screen is overwhelming with all the settings. Spent a good chunk of my morning just going through one by one lol. Took it out for a drive as well. Loving every minute of it.

As far financing, I went with options @ 2.7% with the $2,500 incentive and price protected. Everything went smooth and felt no pressure from my dealer.

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Picked up the Mach-E yesterday. First EV and let me tell you that screen is overwhelming with all the settings. Spent a good chunk of my morning just going through one by one lol. Took it out for a drive as well. Loving every minute of it.

As far financing, I went with options @ 2.7% with the $2,500 incentive and price protected. Everything went smooth and felt no pressure from my dealer.
Congrats! Post up a pic so we can see your lovely new ride.

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
She’s home. Not so sure I got the best deal but….it’s done
Congrats! Sorry that you didn't go home as enthused as I did after the purchase. Did you feel like they didn't offer the correct price protection or what?
Sponsored