Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium ER RWD IBSM ordered 11/6
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
i swear something is up with my car......built 5/19 and shipping PUSHED BACK AGAIN 7/8-7/14! Why! I really wish the dealers would honor orders - when someone refuses one that's a similar build to yours and would offer it to you knowing yours is coming later. Just would build good will in the industry and also prevent ridiculous wait times.

At the time of my order (last November) I thought the wait time was 20 weeks for a Premium. My dealer got a little huffy with me saying it was 8 months back then and that I should be grateful it's running on time. But I distinctly recall planning on no later than Memorial day for my delivery. I'm not sure when it became a case of manufacturers having consumers by the short hairs but....
Sponsored

ghostmail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White SR 2022 Mach-E
Country flag
My vehicle is still in Point Richmond headed for Walnut Creek, CA since Wednesday. Delivery date went from 7/2-7/8 to 7/5-7/11.

Steev

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger, Mach E CR1 soon
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
My vehicle is still in Point Richmond headed for Walnut Creek, CA since Wednesday. Delivery date went from 7/2-7/8 to 7/5-7/11.
My Mach E is also in Point Richmond headed to Walnut Creek. My delivery date went from 7/2 - 7/5 as well, but it was originally 7/16, so I am OK with that. Hopefully our cars will arrive tomorrow or Monday. We are lucky that we are dealing with a dealership that seems to know what they are doing and are treating costumers well!

Bucket

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 edge 2022 mach e premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got my MME home Friday, but will not load wifi or charge. Needs SVS cancel in my account.

PXL_20220703_153728420.jpg

OP
OP
P. T. Magoo

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
So....

I know the extra wait time must be a terrible frustration, but I think those of you taking delivery of cars with the new software pre-installed will be a little ahead of me for a while in terms of care-free reliability when you finally drive that buggy home.

Took my car to the dealership a few days ago to see if I could get a jump on the software update. I'm aware it's basically an upgraded idiot light but I'd feel better if I had it installed. Service guy I spoke to seems like a nice enough guy but also seems much more comfortable with a flare nut wrench than an FDRS account. He looked up the recall and said "well, from what I'm reading here Ford's not even telling us what to do, and I don't see your VIN on the recall list anyway."

He advises I wait for the snail-mail letter from Ford, bring that in when it comes because it'll tell him what they're supposed to do.

I think I'll wait for the OTA update if it comes before the letter. If the letter comes first, I'll likely take it and the car to a dealership whose service department isn't stuck in the late 20'th Century. If there's a fluid leak or something a flare nut wrench would fix, then for sure my dealership is welcome to work on the car.

Meanwhile, l am loving this car and folks the wait will be well worth it!

OP
OP
P. T. Magoo

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Got my MME home Friday, but will not load wifi or charge. Needs SVS cancel in my account.

PXL_20220703_153728420.jpg
Well that sucks.

@Bucket, hopefully you just need to log into your Ford.com account and cancel whatever account the dealership used to load the new software (likely they should have done that and forgot), but that's just a wild guess on my part. I know my car thought the dealership was "home" the first time I tried to charge, which was briefly perplexing.

I guess I'd call or visit the dealership if it doesn't turn out to be that straightforward.

FWIW it took some head scratching on my part to get my Fordpass account and Blue Oval charging set up but it ultimately worked out fine. I ran into a snag setting my street address via the suggested link, couldn't get it to save, but noticed there was a disclaimer that I could visit another link to change the address later if I moved or something, set up my street address that way and it worked like a charm.

Bucket

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you. I been in my Ford account and can not find anything. I agree the dealership is the one that did not finish the recall download correctly. Trying to find something over the long weekend to use my MME. Just parked in the garage for now. It was great for one day. :)

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
When I got this, I sent a text to my dealer contact and he replied with a FARGO "I have to go out and check the lot". Yes , it was there.
I will send out a email asking for status today. Usually my dealer been keeping me in contact with me regarding status but lately hasn’t provided me any updates. I am out of country until after the 4th July. I did notice it’s showing up on dealer website now as well.

United Road still says inactive for tracking, so I wonder if it hasn’t made it to the dealer yet.

Bucket

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford chat said to reboot,after an hour. When I cool off I will figure that out and give it a shot

Last edited:

Bucket

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will send out a email asking for status today. Usually my dealer been keeping me in contact with me regarding status but lately hasn’t provided me any updates. I am out of country until after the 4th July. I did notice it’s showing up on dealer website now as well.

United Road still says inactive for tracking, so I wonder if it hasn’t made it to the dealer yet.
I would not expect updates over the holiday. When I picked up my car Friday, my dealership was a ghost town. When Ford said it was at the dealer for final prep, etc, it was there. Called the sales person two days later and he went out back to ck. Yep Good luck

Bucket

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford chat said do vol- search. did not work Found on the screen reset and factory reset. Did sync 4 factory reset , did not work. Did not do vehicle factory reset. Worried about towing the car or who knows what:eek:

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
I would not expect updates over the holiday. When I picked up my car Friday, my dealership was a ghost town. When Ford said it was at the dealer for final prep, etc, it was there. Called the sales person two days later and he went out back to ck. Yep Good luck
Just as I was about to email my sales person, I received a email from him. Car has arrived at the dealer but because of stop-sale on all new Mach E can’t take delivery. So will have to wait until they apply the fix.

Bucket

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just as I was about to email my sales person, I received a email from him. Car has arrived at the dealer but because of stop-sale on all new Mach E can’t take delivery. So will have to wait until they apply the fix.
Great news on a holiday week end

mdbnoh8ers

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I just learned why there's been no movement of my mme from the argentine, ks yard for a month.. they just ordered a heated steering wheel replacement on Saturday for it. I wonder how its going to get installed when it was loaded onto a rail car 2 weeks ago.
Sponsored