5/30 Build Week Gang

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
US Fed tax credit is discussed at length in many other threads. Current speculation is that Ford will exceed their 200,000 EV units sold in the US in 2022Q3 (July-Sept 2022). If so, $7500 amount remains in affect until New Years 2023, when it drops by half for 2 quarters. Then, 1 July 2023 it drops to 1/4 for 2 quarters (end of calendar 2023). When one buys the MME determines the amount of the potential tax credit. Your own tax obligation for that tax year determines whether you get any of that tax credit. Spending bill had extension and additional $4500 credit proposal, but again, it looks like Congress will continue to be paralyzed on this subject. Price rise for 2023MY seems as highly likely, as "significant updates" does not, IMHO. A cynical guess would say that Ford will take no orders for CR1 or Premium MME in 2023. thus emphasizing Select and GT models.
1655865536776.gif
Yep. My point was, any 23 deliveries will almost certainly be after it drops to $3750, which will almost certainly be offset by a price hike.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Online tracker still shows awaiting shipment, but email came this morning. Miss Daisy is on its way to Atlanta (ETA July 22-28).

Screenshot_20220622-064314_Gmail.jpg

Dewstah

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mach e premium
Country flag
Got an email this morning mine is being shipped i feel like it wont take 50 days for it to be delivered but we will see

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Got an email this morning mine is being shipped i feel like it wont take 50 days for it to be delivered but we will see
I agree. Raleigh is like a next rail stop from Atlanta. It doesn't make sense to add a whole extra month. Either mine will delay or yours will accelerate, hoping for the latter. :)

mecasas

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry
Country flag
Online tracker shows built and delivery ETA is 7/26 to 8/1. Atlanta area. Have not received my shipped email. Ordered on 11/27/21. So should receive on the 8 month mark, just about. Yay!

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
6235 06/302 Built with est. delivery to Northern VA 8/3-8/9 will be right around 9 months from order date.
Anyone planning on getting PPF or ceramic coating?

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
6235 06/302 Built with est. delivery to Northern VA 8/3-8/9 will be right around 9 months from order date.
Anyone planning on getting PPF or ceramic coating?
I don't think I want to spend $2500 on PPF for the front only. Maybe a DIY ceramic coating.

MrsZuko

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White MME GTPE
Occupation
NP
Country flag
Looks like I am looking at delivery between 8/1-8/7, I'm 1 hour south of Denver.

Deepak

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, BMW 3 series
Country flag
I got the below email from Ford today

To help get you into your Ford Mustang Mach-E sooner, we’ve made a change to your order. With this change, your vehicle will not be held up by microchip shortages.

What does this mean for you? So that we can produce your vehicle more quickly, we’re replacing a feature on your vehicle called Active Park Assist* with the Active Park Assist Prep Kit, which will enable you to purchase Active Park Assist and have it installed at a later date by your Ford dealer. Please note that as a result of this change, you will be given a $325 credit on your vehicle invoice.

kwlinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

To help get you into your Ford Mustang Mach-E sooner, we’ve made a change to your order. With this change, your vehicle will not be held up by microchip shortages.

What does this mean for you? So that we can produce your vehicle more quickly, we’re replacing a feature on your vehicle called Active Park Assist* with the Active Park Assist Prep Kit, which will enable you to purchase Active Park Assist and have it installed at a later date by your Ford dealer. Please note that as a result of this change, you will be given a $325 credit on your vehicle invoice.

Yep, just got the same one... my favorite part was the "... When microchips become available, you will have the option to purchase the Active Park Assist feature at the then current price when this feature becomes available." Any bets on what that cost will be? Guarantee it won't be anywhere close to just $325...

sborsch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME; 2020 Lexus NX300 Hybrid
Occupation
I.T. Consultant
Country flag
Yep, just got the same one... my favorite part was the "... When microchips become available, you will have the option to purchase the Active Park Assist feature at the then current price when this feature becomes available." Any bets on what that cost will be? Guarantee it won't be anywhere close to just $325...
I got the same email today. Like you, @kwlinder, I agree that the pricing won’t be close to that initial one.

Speaking of price, I’ve been reading numerous articles and threads in various places where people are speculating on the cost increases for 2023 MME ordering. $5,000 at least seems to be the consensus for the base model, but Premium, AWD and GT variants will, of course, be step-up higher prices than that $5k.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Our cars will be worth even more.

I did that months ago. At some point my dealer told me it wasn't going to be scheduled without the prep kit replacement.

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
I don't think I want to spend $2500 on PPF for the front only. Maybe a DIY ceramic coating.
yeahhh I'm thinking of doing the paint correction and DYI ceramic coating as well.. I just don't want to screw it up...
Sponsored