Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I' m pretty sure bumpy roads is a universal constant ?

now for a left turn: every ford I've owned seems to fog up all the time. It could be me, but my wife's dodges dont seem to fog up nearly so quickly and easily. Anybody else noticed that or do i breathe too heavily?
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: abr

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I' m pretty sure bumpy roads is a universal constant ?

now for a left turn: every ford I've owned seems to fog up all the time. It could be me, but my wife's dodges dont seem to fog up nearly so quickly and easily. Anybody else noticed that or do i breathe too heavily?
You just need to breath through a snorkel out the side window.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Look at the picture. The voice command is immediately to the left of the volume toggle.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would have preferred physical buttons for all hvac options, not just a volume a control. As the volume icon behind the wheel is part of the screen I am hopefully that the dial will be made contextual like you see on the i-pace and range rovers. Sure it is possible to get the temperature value you want. moving a slider but it is not as good as just turning a dial to the desired value.
I recall that is exactly the plan. The physical dial will be used for multiple actions. Volume, HVAC dial, etc. I believe that was in one of the launch-time videos.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The button activated the voice command system. What you can control via voice command depends on the car model.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I recall that is exactly the plan. The physical dial will be used for multiple actions. Volume, HVAC dial, etc. I believe that was in one of the launch-time videos.
I video I remember seeing said the knob was volume only at the moment. They may look at making it contextual in the future.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Although very fuzzy when you expand the photo in your link the symbol on the top left button on the right side cluster looks like the symbol I have on my kuga for voice control activation. I do seem to remember an interview with Jim Hackett somewhere that the voice control works a bit like Amazon's Alexa, Mercs EQC. you just say Hi Alexa, Hi Mercedes, Hi Ford.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I can do first two on my Kuga(Escape). I think you can do all three on Mondeos, Edges

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
Normally the voice control on the steering was to answer or hang up a phone call, not to activate the voice control. it is what I have in my MB. Based on other manufacturers the system is always ready waiting your commande to be activate like "Hey Google". Regarding the center knob it would be better to get it on the center consol in order to control it without moving the arm to reach the knob.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Normally the voice control on the steering was to answer or hang up a phone call, not to activate the voice control. it is what I have in my MB. Based on other manufacturers the system is always ready waiting your commande to be activate like "Hey Google". Regarding the center knob it would be better to get it on the center consol in order to control it without moving the arm to reach the knob.
My Kuga is obviously not normal then. I can activate all my voice activated functions by pressing the voice activation button on my steering wheel. This button is different to the little phone symbols which you maybe thinking off

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The steering wheel will have the normal volume rocker buttons on it, from what I understand.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My Kuga is obviously not normal then. I can activate all my voice activated functions by pressing the voice activation button on my steering wheel. This button is different to the little phone symbols which you maybe thinking off
Yup, my mustang is the same way - Ford's current voice commands require you to actively enable the car to listen to your commands, rather then passively listen to everything you say looking for a keyword. Hopefully sync 4A can do both, with the ability to disable the passive monitoring and still have the activation button on the steering wheel.
Sponsored