Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I drove to Encinitas on Friday but was afraid to take the Mache. I drove my Escape instead. I was so happy I made that choice as we had rain and winds from west of Yuma. We witnessed two accidents . I will probably never drive the Mache to California on that route. Memorial Day weekend saw the power out at all charging stations in Blythe area so people were stranded for up to nine hours. I will keep an ICE car for the long trips.
Well if the power's out at a charging station then gas stations within that power outage are also down as they need electricity for their fuel pumps.
Sponsored

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Nice write up! I’m at 29,000+ and have few gripes though 10,000 miles between tire rotations (for me) is too much. Right front has slight tow-out and it is showing up. Other than that my experience is the same. Minor glitchy software & mostly around PAAK. I net $4,000 per year in fuel savings. I don’t miss 5K dealer visits/fluids/etc. 90 miles a day w/SR Select AWD works perfect. Daily 90% charge is 210-218 miles. Typical (rare) 100% charge summer months is 230+ miles though that will drop now that it’s cooling down. I average 3.95 KWh in summer and 3.5-3.7 kWh in winter (mild coastal weather).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Daily 90% charge is 210-218 miles. Typical (rare) 100% charge summer months is 230+ miles though that will drop now that it’s cooling down. I average 3.95 KWh in summer and 3.5-3.7 kWh in winter (mild coastal weather).
I assume you mean 3.9 mi/kwh in summer and 3.5 to 3.7 mi/kwh in winter? If so, your GOM is reporting low:

100% summer range: 3.9 mi/kwh * 68 kwh = 265
90% summer range: 265 * .9 = 238 mi

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
very nice report! I've only got about 18k on mine.....

My 18 month old Mach-E has finally reached the 50,000 mile mark. Quite an impressive vehicle overall.
I think this is a fantastic vehicle that is let down by glitchy software. That being said, the software obstacles are totally manageable.
I'll second this..... pretty impressive mechanically for a first-year all new mechanical product as complex as a car. My biggest PIA have been the PAAK, and the center display, both are managable.

The tires have worn evenly on all four corners and I drove them for 49,655 miles before installing a new set. That is VERY good performance for a BEV tire in my opinion. Those still had a little over 4/32" of tread dept still so I could have probably gone to 55k miles but I didn't see any reason to risk it.
wow, thats great! my tires won't make it to 20k.... I'm going to have to replace soon.

• I did notice that at around 45k miles the MECS (motor and electronics cooling system) degas tank was low on fluid.
  • I see some oil seepage past the axle seals on the front and rear motor. Front is worse....rear isn't so bad.
great observation.... I plan to pull the frunk tub out soon for a project, and will get a close look at mine to see if I have similar issues.

I will get the leaking motor seals looked at and shoot for another 50k trouble free miles. đź‘Ť
My only other gripes that I would consider 'design flaws' are:
- missing access holes/panel for LVB connection points and HV disconnect
- bad chips in center display and no cooling causing overheating
- poor cooling of HVBJB and battery tray causing actual performance limitations and failures

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
I assume you mean 3.9 mi/kwh in summer and 3.5 to 3.7 mi/kwh in winter? If so, your GOM is reporting low:

100% summer range: 3.9 mi/kwh * 68 kwh = 265
90% summer range: 265 * .9 = 238 mi
So.. summer, no matter how lightly I drive I’m stuck at around 94%-95% to driving so that 265 would drop to 251-254. Where does that other 20+ miles go?.. we’ll that’s predictive and since I never run it to zero, I’ve not a clue. The most miles I’ve ever seen at 90% is 219 and that’s getting close. I’ve averaged 2.54 miles per % so I think the miles range estimate software ends up conservative.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
You get 300 miles of range when fully charged? What magic are you doing? I think the most I’ve ever seen on the GOM is about 275 AWD ER
We also get over 300 miles of charge (in the summer). Average about 3.4 m/kw. In winter drops down to around 270. Although, just changed over to none BEV tires to get a better ride and now get a GOM range of about 280 miles.....still more than is advertised. We drive mostly rural secondary roads.

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
We also get over 300 miles of charge (in the summer). Average about 3.4 m/kw. In winter drops down to around 270. Although, just changed over to none BEV tires to get a better ride and now get a GOM range of about 280 miles.....still more than is advertised. We drive mostly rural secondary roads.
My CA Route 1 regularly shows a max range of 360 miles in the summer.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Small update.
Had to travel this week so I dropped off the car at the dealership so they could look at the axle seals. Dealer diagnosis is the rear seal weepage is considered normal. No repairs necessary. Front motor seal was failing and needed replacement. Work was all covered under the power train warranty. 52k miles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 50,000 mile owner update. Quite an impressive vehicle overall. 1664556635143
Sponsored