Just under 90 miles a day on SW Wa rural roads. 5000 miles since Mid July with an average of 3.7 miles/KWh. Tires at 45 psi.
- 1/2 the route cruise at 53-58 mph.
- Nearly 1/2 the route is 50 mph or less.
- Prevailing winds (NW or SW) averages out hi and low M/KWh.
- Ride better than any prior solid axle Mustang (I’ve owned 4). However, my Flex is superior. A little bouncy on one janky road section. I’ve noticed passengers helps. Slightly better ride than the Edge Sport we traded off.
- M/KWh varies from 3.1 to 4.1 but 5000 mile average still 3.7
- Fan at 1 and E-heat say 30 degrees above outside can raise climate use 10%+ And 10% duty cycling fan on and off keeps windows clear. My read is that there’s power to save with better heat/defrost mgmt.
- Love having nearly noiseless wipers
- Interface w/PAAK is often unexplainable but buttons on phone app never failed me whereas the car waking up passively to PAAK is unpredictable. Turns out that when the MME goes into deep sleep that.. waking up is hard to do with PAAK unless your patient.
- The trunk unlock button on the phone app appears bullet proof.
- Departure set to “warm” is fab in fall-winter.
- Strangest Experience- Intuitive-Cruise Accelerating to 5 mph over speed limit after reading a 50 mph zone sign on a curve. I was clueless, then read up on it “Oh”.
- Most annoying- In “normal cruise”- deceleration into and then acceleration out of corners can vary speed by up to high signal digits. Another possible energy hog.
- 2nd most annoying- I swear the MME has stealth mode.. I walk up, no button light on, no parking lights flash, push the button, door opens. Maybe waking up from deep sleep?
- Most surprising- Serenely quiet.
- Amazed at the power draw of e-heat and fan on “1”. For our mild weather plus foggy window potential, the fan needs to cycle on and off automatically instead me turning it on for a minute every 5 minutes down the road.
- I used to commute in a ST Adrenalin then twin turbo EcoBoost Flex. I think the Flex would catch the MME on the top end above 80 mph because they weigh nearly the same and well, 100 more HP in the Flex. But the MME is a fab commuter. Waiting for winter ice. I do wish the Flex had the MME GT drive train!
- All my muscle car gear head friends love it, like the looks, instant torque, inexpensive fuel. And they all say “it’s the future”.
- Charged on a 30 amp dryer breaker before swapping in a 40 amp breaker.The supplied charger pulls up to 32 amp. So there’s that. If we end up with a Lightning I’m going to probably have to put it on the unused 60 amp breaker and re-wire with heavier gauge.
- Finally.. our power is .0634/KWh. I went from $320/month in gas to about $30 in electricity. Duh.
- One added bonus.. at 85% charge it typically has 199 miles of range.