Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
As of January 1st there is a $55,000 MSRP cap in place to receive the $7500 tax credit (previously capped at $80,000). Something to do with the governments rule on what qualifies as an SUV which now sounds like it is GVW of 6,000 lbs.

Unfortunately this means the Mach E I’ve had on order since March will no longer qualify for the credit after getting shifted over to the 23’ model year. Even though the locked price I’m paying is below that 55k mark, based on the law and how Ford is deducting the difference the current MSRP of 58k will still be used.

After learning about this, will likely end up leasing the car instead of purchasing which is a major let down.

More of an FYI for those that may be in the same boat, but words of encouragement about the benefits of leasing over buying are welcome :)

In all seriousness if anyone has additional info or input on this new law change and how it impacts orders that arrived after the new year please let me know before I finalize the deal on Thursday

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Leasing? Did Ford announce that they are giving the $7500 credit on leasing? The reduced price Tesla 3/Y is all the rage now. Major price cut, Immediate available inventory, $7500 tax credit. If I am in the market for EV now I will go tesla.

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag

Kevinbringard

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Does this apply to '22 mach-e?
Model Year (MY) doesn't matter. it's when you take ownership. If you did not own it prior to January 1, 2023 then you are subject to the new rules/income limits/price caps/etc. If you did own it before then you are under the old rules.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
What he said!

General rule for all - Please search the forum before posting I know it’s hard to miss some obscure question being discussed but this has been all the rage on every EV brand forum since the final models and numbers where confirmed by IRS

Also my DCFC session sucked, PaaK doesn’t work, wireless CarPlay Google sucks have been covered since the beginning of deliveries.

Off soap box now 😎

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
Model Year (MY) doesn't matter. it's when you take ownership. If you did not own it prior to January 1, 2023 then you are subject to the new rules/income limits/price caps/etc. If you did own it before then you are under the old rules.
So just to clarify (I read the article but was no point was made on when the vehicle was purchased), if I bought my ME GT and took possession of it last year it will still qualify for the credit (old rules)?