tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
<rant> It has been 56 days and counting since I dropped off my Mach-E for a second round of SSN. The delays came because the dealer (shall remain nameless) has only 1 certified tech, and that tech was working on a Transit transmission. Well it turns out that the transmission jack broke, so they needed to wait on that to get in. Then it was parts delays for the beefier HVBJB. Now... it is an airbag (not sure if it is the control module, or the airbag itself) They are apparently on back order.
Ford reached out to me and told me it is either getting allocated on the 4th, or the 19th.
I've been super patient with them over the whole situation because, they have extended my warranty by 2 years, 39k (ford care) and are paying for the gas for the rental... and now, they are going to give me the money (eventually) to make 2 car payments.
I live in Oregon, gas prices are higher here than just about anywhere except of course california... I've come to actually hate driving the nissan rogue "sport". If it had a name it would be Becky. It is as basic as it gets. I just want my Mach-E back! <end rant>
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
<rant> It has been 56 days and counting since I dropped off my Mach-E for a second round of SSN. The delays came because the dealer (shall remain nameless) has only 1 certified tech, and that tech was working on a Transit transmission. Well it turns out that the transmission jack broke, so they needed to wait on that to get in. Then it was parts delays for the beefier HVBJB. Now... it is an airbag (not sure if it is the control module, or the airbag itself) They are apparently on back order.
Ford reached out to me and told me it is either getting allocated on the 4th, or the 19th.
I've been super patient with them over the whole situation because, they have extended my warranty by 2 years, 39k (ford care) and are paying for the gas for the rental... and now, they are going to give me the money (eventually) to make 2 car payments.
I live in Oregon, gas prices are higher here than just about anywhere except of course california... I've come to actually hate driving the nissan rogue "sport". If it had a name it would be Becky. It is as basic as it gets. I just want my Mach-E back! <end rant>
What the heck happened to the airbag?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Two months and counting? This sort of thing, while all too common, needs to end. Reallocate parts, reduce sales. Do something Ford?

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What the heck happened to the airbag?
I have no idea. They were replacing a lot of parts, they replaced the hinge in the arm rest (it was snapped) Then they replaced the volume right button cluster on the wheel (they had bubbled up) And they were running updates. I'm wondering if they messed up the control module with a bad patch?

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
sell it.

I'm certain like me, you work hard for your money. Me personally, I'm not putting up with that type of BS.

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Time to get started on the lemon law process outlined in your owners manual.

I just had to do the same thing in order to bring my car to a resolution

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 x3 M40i , 2020 Tundra, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I still haven't event received a call yet from the bev team or my case manager. it's been two weeks at the dealer.

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
I still haven't event received a call yet from the bev team or my case manager. it's been two weeks at the dealer.
You won't receive a call either. Once they stop responding and reaching out they are just waiting for you to file the paperwork.

neutrino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE & Rivian R1T
Country flag
@tfitzgex Which dealer so that I know where not to take mine when it needs a HVBJB? I purchased from Damerow, and assume they have EV techs considering their higher volume of sales.

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@tfitzgex Which dealer so that I know where not to take mine when it needs a HVBJB? I purchased from Damerow, and assume they have EV techs considering their higher volume of sales.
It's not Damerow, it is not Canby Ford, and it is not Landmark(fill in the missing pdx ford dealer) Be forewarned, you probably know the sales people are scummy at Damerow, but I've heard that the techs aren't very good either. The problem in general is that there just aren't that many certified techs who can work on the car period.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
woot! got a call from the dealership, car will be ready tomorrow!
Glad to hear that this ordeal may finally be ending. Let us know how it all works out once you get your car back please.

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the call from my service advisor, I was so happy I brought him a dozen donuts and a half rack of adult brewed beverage(that stayed in the rental)

Boy was it good to get it back., until.... They washed my car... the person washing my car must have thought it was being sold, they scraped my work parking sticker off, and then proceeded to scrape the sticker (only got part of the first F in FA FO)
I got a Motor coolant over temperature warning, I turned off 1pd to help, I got to where I was going and went inside. The error went away. I'm wondering if it was just a hiccup. Right before the error popped up I noticed a steering wheel icon (brown/orangish) it was just for a split second. Then the error came. I had no loss of power, car didn't feel any different. I took the cover off under the hood, and the coolant looked fine. On my way home My profile wouldn't work.

They washed my car... the person washing my car must have thought it was being sold, they scraped my work parking sticker off, and then proceeded to scrape the sticker (only got part of the first F in FA FO)

There is still several things that need to be addressed, but the parts weren't available due to backorder. The B pillars need to be replaced due to that crack that lots of cars get. I am slated for a second key, And the trim they have to take off to get the battery out needs to be replaced as the tech broke it..

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Wow, that makes my 30 days at Landmark Ford look really good in comparison. I always say no wash to avoid damage, but Landmark tells me they do not wash unless the customer specifically asks for it.

I am so sorry to hear of your experience. Hopefully the future fixes go a lot better.
Sponsored