Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Oh, thanks for the reminder! My dealer told me the same thing. I haven't received a check from Ford yet, so I guess I'll call, even though I now expect the same response you got.

I did check my credit card statement, and it clearly shows my dealer's name.
I cannot believe we are the first ones to place a deposit… in my case the finance guy forgot about it and that was his job to know. Had I not realized, I wonder if I would have ever seen that money again, i have a hard time believing they have no idea how this is handled, just like the price increase on my car that happened on 12/8/21, 5 days after I made the order online and placed the deposit, they had no idea about that. When I whipped out Ford’s memo on Price Protection, he said that memo was stolen from Ford.. um, what?! I used to be a Fraud Manager at Bank of America and if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. They will give you the Ford Motor Credit phone number and they will refer you to Ford Customer Relations who will in turn give you the number to Ford Marketing and if you’re lucky, you will get to speak to Rosemary who knew all about this shell game the dealerships are playin. Good luck and keep pressing on.
Sponsored

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Honda Civic, 2022 Premium ER RWD
Country flag
My car just got to Richmond! United Road ticket is active and should be at my dealer tomorrow or the next day!

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just arrived at the dealer, picking it up on Sunday! Almost 38 weeks to the day from order. Would have been very close to 28 weeks if it had arrived when I was originally scheduled to arrive... Too much to hope for

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just arrived at the dealer, picking it up on Sunday! Almost 38 weeks to the day from order. Would have been very close to 28 weeks if it had arrived when I was originally scheduled to arrive... Too much to hope for
Are you going with the Options Plan ($2500 rebate and 1.4% interest rate)? Did you sign up for the Ford Visa so you can use it for $6000 towards down payment which gives you 10% back ($300 off balance and $300 in Ford credit for accessories and service)?

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you going with the Options Plan ($2500 rebate and 1.4% interest rate)? Did you sign up for the Ford Visa so you can use it for $6000 towards down payment which gives you 10% back ($300 off balance and $300 in Ford credit for accessories and service)?
Had not heard of Ford Visa, but I think my dealer said the limit up to $3000 on credit cards. I am doing Options and X-plan

Edit: The internet seems to not like this card. Many comments about the credit limit being suddenly slashed or the card closed without notice on people who pay their balance in full every month,

Last edited:

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had not heard of Ford Visa, but I think my dealer said the limit up to $3000 on credit cards. I am doing Options and X-plan
When I signed up for the card I received a temporary number I could use that day, so may want to sign up the day you're picking up. You have to include using the Ford card for down payment as part of the deal. My finance guy had to ask permission to go above $3000 and he got it. After all it's a Ford credit card...

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I got the card and put $8000 on it, with no problem. Don’t forget to make sure you’re credited back, in the contract, for your deposit, or you’ll get a run around. After a week and a half, the dealership wrote me a $500 check. They didn’t seem happy to be doing so. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Oh, thanks for the reminder! My dealer told me the same thing. I haven't received a check from Ford yet, so I guess I'll call, even though I now expect the same response you got.

I did check my credit card statement, and it clearly shows my dealer's name.
The dealer finally wrote me a $500 check. They weren’t happy doing so.

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Didn't end up doing the credit card, but did get my X-plan, $2500 rebate, and my $500 order charge. Did NOT get the $750 from CA because those stopped on Aug 31 (which I would have gotten if it had taken a mere 2.25 months to ship instead of 3). All in with the Fed tax credit, I got a car that, if I ordered it today, would cost me $63k for $45k. Plus it's fun to drive!

A great experience from Walnut Creek Ford (they didn't even need me to ask to use my locked-in rate/rebate, they'd already filled it out before I even got there)! A terrible experience with North America's railroads.

See below, big pony in small stable:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 6/20/22 Build Week Gang IMG_4162

Do I have the honor of closing out our build week? Is there anyone else still waiting?

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Didn't end up doing the credit card, but did get my X-plan, $2500 rebate, and my $500 order charge. Did NOT get the $750 from CA because those stopped on Aug 31 (which I would have gotten if it had taken a mere 2.25 months to ship instead of 3). All in with the Fed tax credit, I got a car that, if I ordered it today, would cost me $63k for $45k. Plus it's fun to drive!

A great experience from Walnut Creek Ford (they didn't even need me to ask to use my locked-in rate/rebate, they'd already filled it out before I even got there)! A terrible experience with North America's railroads.

IMG_4162.jpg

Do I have the honor of closing out our build week? Is there anyone else still waiting?
It’s great, isn’t it?! I think some are still waiting. I started a Facebook group for those of us in the Bay Area, CA that might want to plan local meet ups, local networking, sharing local resources and so on. If interested message me.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

Glad you finally got your car safe and sound. Crazy that it took so long.

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

It seems so crazy to me that we were in the same batch, built the same day, shipped 2 days apart, and you received yours almost 2 months after me!

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems so crazy to me that we were in the same batch, built the same day, shipped 2 days apart, and you received yours almost 2 months after me!
I agree, though I might use stronger language than "crazy" ;)
Sponsored