2008 Honda Civic, 2022 Premium ER RWD
Country flag

Khornby

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Corolla Hatch, Ford Mach E (order)
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 6/20/22 Build Week Gang A50CD187-D781-443D-AE0B-1C9466D3A01E
Ditto…. Now at 14 days and counting since it made it to its final rail destination and awaiting loading onto a transporter to come the final 30km to the dealership. Sigh!
After 3+ excruciatingly long weeks of it sitting on a lot after coming off the train, the day has finally come! Pickup is tomorrow! Never have I been so excited to pay so much for a car in all my life!

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After an incredibly stressful 3 hour ordeal at the dealership (ford's final FU in this awful ordering process 🙄🙄) she's finally home. Good luck everyone!
Had a great time at the dealer, everyone was nice and helpful. The finance guy was the Mazda guy filling in for the Ford guy. He came up to us right away and asked what kind of financing we wanted. Had to explain the Options Plan to him and gave him a spreadsheet I downloaded on this forum that I had filled out. By the time we were done with the inspection checklist (also from this forum) and a good test drive, the finance guy had called Ford and had the Option plan and the $2000 cash bonus figured out when we finally sat down with him. Just had to listen to him trying to sell us coatings, PPF, and more insurance. Said he had too even though we didn't want any.

What we found out, after all the paperwork was completed, was that at one point the dealer didn't know if they could even sell us the MME. We had taken over an order from someone who had ordered two and decided to cancel one. That person then accepted our MME online when it was delivered to the dealer. The dealer had to dig up the cancellation email from a manager that no longer worked there. They called the old manager who forwarded the email. The dealer then called the original person on the order to explain that they had cancelled their order. The person agreed and indicated accepting it was a mistake on their part. The dealer and this other person had to call Ford to explain the situation before Ford would let us buy the MME. Luckily this all took place without our knowledge while we took the test drive and did our inspection.

What a major disappointment it would have been if that person wanted our MME and Ford told the dealer they could have it.

machesan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 RWD Ext range
Country flag
@levineds , @LeWe
Just spoke with KCS, Our cars left Loredo TX yday night and gonna be in louisiana tomorrow where they will be transfered to other train and that train will reach Kansas city on 11th August. After that it will be picked by truck. KCS system shows these many updates for our cars.
Not sure about the last part that cars will come by truck directly to california or by train later that? Later part is not in the KCS system.
@levineds @LeWe
Our cars reached KS and delivered to ford today morning 5 AM.

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
@levineds @LeWe
Our cars reached KS and delivered to ford today morning 5 AM.
Many thanks @machesan!

I am speculating that due to the sheer number of cars on the same train that we're likely to require a train for the next step of our journey. I expect this will take another 7-10 days to reach the Northern California Bay Area.

machesan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 RWD Ext range
Country flag
Many thanks @machesan!

I am speculating that due to the sheer number of cars on the same train that we're likely to require a train for the next step of our journey. I expect this will take another 7-10 days to reach the Northern California Bay Area.
I called my dealer and asked he said 2 more weeks.
I asked ford chat, car is gonna come by train likely BNSF. Also, I read about journey time. It takes 3 days to come to Barstow once it leaves from Kansas city and another 2 days from Barstow to Richmond.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I called my dealer and asked he said 2 more weeks.
I asked ford chat, car is gonna come by train likely BNSF. Also, I read about journey time. It takes 3 days to come to Barstow once it leaves from Kansas city and another 2 days from Barstow to Richmond.
What is your delivery week, from Ford?

machesan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 RWD Ext range
Country flag
What is your delivery week, from Ford?
Original was July last week, Now it shows next week. Dont trust on the delivery week you see on ford website. It will move ahead every week.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Original was July last week, Now it shows next week. Dont trust on the delivery week you see on ford website. It will move ahead every week.
I'm in Santa Clara and I believe nothing from Ford; they tend to riff, a lot. I was 7/31-8/6 and now I'm 8/11-8/17.. I'll believe it when I see it.

SD Marc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium
Occupation
Tech Marketing Exec.
Country flag
Website just bumped it into next week - got off the train last Saturday … it’s only 80 or so miles, c’mon!!!! Hate this part of the wait.

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Honda Civic, 2022 Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Ah, the dreaded Richards-Gebaur, MO wait has begun...
Sponsored