Blaned

First Name
Blane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, F150 Powerstroke; X3 28d, 911
Country flag
Which ford chat are you using to locate your car? Do you give them the vin to check?

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Honda Civic, 2022 Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Still in Richards-Gebaur, MO, Ramp 6R. No movement or update whatsoever in just shy of 4 weeks (after 5 weeks of no movement or update in Mexico). Who did I piss off in the railroad industry?

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Still in Richards-Gebaur, MO, Ramp 6R. No movement or update whatsoever in just shy of 4 weeks (after 5 weeks of no movement or update in Mexico). Who did I piss off in the railroad industry?
I'm in the same boat. Been at Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO (basically Kansas City) since August 12 and I last checked this morning. Estimated delivery date is holding steady at 9/9-9/15. Not sure what else we can do.

Did your delivery date get updated at all?

shereth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus ST, 2022 MME GT (ordered)
Country flag
Really sorry to hear you guys are still stuck waiting.

The BNSF embargo on California shipments - which included automotive shipments and could well be the cause of your pain - ended on the 4th. Hopefully that means it's now just down to clearing out the backlog and your cars will be on their way to you soon.

Reactions: SWO

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. Been at Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO (basically Kansas City) since August 12 and I last checked this morning. Estimated delivery date is holding steady at 9/9-9/15. Not sure what else we can do.

Did your delivery date get updated at all?
Just the normal moving it back a few days at a time so that the window wasn't literally already passed.

Nothing we can do (not buy another Ford?). Ford already told me that the only time the escalate an issue for something like shipping is if they show it as "delivered to dealer" and the dealer says they don't have it.

This is my first and, likely, last Ford I will buy. I understand the wait with supply chains to build the car, that affects everyone. I'm not complaining about that, Ford was very upfront with wait times and was very close to correct for me on 28 week wait. But that they can't deliver a car finished almost 3 months ago (while similar cars were delivered in less than half that time to places similar and further distant), have no real way to track it, and realistically have no idea of when it will even be delivered is a unique problem that really challenges the customer experience. At every step of the way *after the car was built*, they have given horrifically bad estimates (they said built to shipped would take 3 days to max 1 week and it took 5 weeks, they said total ship time would be ~5 weeks and it'll be 11 weeks in a few days with no delivery prospects in sight).

machesan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 RWD Ext range
Country flag
Mine is in Richmond yard since last 10 days. I don't know what it takes to pick the car from Richmond and deliver it to the dealership. Really pissed now.

Khornby

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Corolla Hatch, Ford Mach E (order)
Country flag
Mine is in Richmond yard since last 10 days. I don't know what it takes to pick the car from Richmond and deliver it to the dealership. Really pissed now.
Although mine came to Canada, it sat in a rail yard after unloading for more than 3 weeks before an auto hauler got the car to the dealer. It took as much time sitting in a lot as it took the car to make it from the factory to My location in Canada. This was frankly the worst part of the entire process - the shipping. That said, the vehicle was well worth the wait.

levineds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It looks like there's little hope at this point of avoiding a rail strike next week. While I don't think it will be long (supposedly the work stoppage will cost the economy $2 billion/day), it will probably destabilize rail delivery even further. October delivery is possible (which would be catastrophic for me as I'll be out of the country for most of October), but November isn't out of the question.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I can't believe some of you guys are still waiting for your cars (mine already has 2300mi on it!). Hope you get them soon safe and sound.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Although mine came to Canada, it sat in a rail yard after unloading for more than 3 weeks before an auto hauler got the car to the dealer. It took as much time sitting in a lot as it took the car to make it from the factory to My location in Canada. This was frankly the worst part of the entire process - the shipping. That said, the vehicle was well worth the wait.
It’s the absence of good communication. Ford refers you to your dealership and from them, you get "I don’t know" or different answers from all the different people that you might ask. This was the most frustrating for me. Just be honest and clear, which they’re not.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
My dealer didn't subtract my $500 deposit when I signed the contract and when I went back, they said they would cut me a check, then I'm told that the "girls in bookkeeping upstairs said, I need to get that from Ford"...... I called Customer Relations, they said nope, not them, I need to call Marketing - New Car Department', and they tell me with an upset voice, That money is at your dealership, "if you look at your credit card statement it will show, Frontier Ford"... and in fact, it does show Frontier Ford... Don't forget to ask about your deposit and please tell me how that goes.

dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
My dealer didn't subtract my $500 deposit when I signed the contract and when I went back, they said they would cut me a check, then I'm told that the "girls in bookkeeping upstairs said, I need to get that from Ford"...... I called Customer Relations, they said nope, not them, I need to call Marketing - New Car Department', and they tell me with an upset voice, That money is at your dealership, "if you look at your credit card statement it will show, Frontier Ford"... and in fact, it does show Frontier Ford... Don't forget to ask about your deposit and please tell me how that goes.
Oh, thanks for the reminder! My dealer told me the same thing. I haven't received a check from Ford yet, so I guess I'll call, even though I now expect the same response you got.

I did check my credit card statement, and it clearly shows my dealer's name.
Sponsored