Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Has anyone's tracking dates changed as a result of the info in this email?
No. I have not seen anyone report that their dates have moved back since this email went out.

So the possibilities are:

1) All our dates have actually slipped 6 weeks, and Ford doesn't bother to update their order system.
2) The 6 weeks was already factored into our dates, and the email is just making an apology.
3) Worst case - Ford will soon update their system, and our dates will slide.
I still believe that #2 most closely reflects reality.

It was roughly six weeks ago that the forum collectively became aware that something was amiss. First, release dates and ship dates stopped being issued when they should have been, and then delivery dates started getting pushed to 10/31.

It appears that Ford decided the optics would be better if they waited until things were moving again before officially acknowledging the delay. Unfortunately, by doing so with a generically worded email, they've only created more confusion for the hundreds of us who were already told our vehicles are on their way.

The additional free charging nice, but I'd happily trade that away right now for a second email that clarifies the situation. Either

Hey bro, you're Mach-E has all the chips it needs. Yay! The information on your vehicle in our tracking system is accurate, and you should expect delivery to occur accordingly. Sorry for the confusion.

or:

Sorry boss, bad news. Your Mach-E is still missing some chips. Damn! The information on your vehicle in our tracking system is not accurate, but we'll soon update your delivery date to Halloween - or maybe the next available holiday? We're thinking Thanksgiving this time - Gobble Gobble!
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Any GT orders getting the notice? I have a 9/27 production week GT with no notice yet
GT-PE for me, same production week. I got the notice. ?

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
No. I have not seen anyone report that their dates have moved back since this email went out.

I still believe that #2 most closely reflects reality.

It was roughly six weeks ago that the forum collectively became aware that something was amiss. First, release dates and ship dates stopped being issued when they should have been, and then delivery dates started getting pushed to 10/31.

It appears that Ford decided the optics would be better if they waited until things were moving again before officially acknowledging the delay. Unfortunately, by doing so with a generically worded email, they've only created more confusion for the hundreds of us who were already told our vehicles are on their way.

The additional free charging nice, but I'd happily trade that away right now for a second email that clarifies the situation. Either

Hey bro, you're Mach-E has all the chips it needs. Yay! The information on your vehicle in our tracking system is accurate, and you should expect delivery to occur accordingly. Sorry for the confusion.

or:

Sorry boss, bad news. Your Mach-E is still missing some chips. Damn! The information on your vehicle in our tracking system is not accurate, but we'll soon update your delivery date to Halloween - or maybe the next available holiday? We're thinking Thanksgiving this time - Gobble Gobble!
From my experience :

Ordered thru dealer

Dealer was advised of, and relayed build date: 9/3/2021 (but this did not show up when I checked Ford status link...only April order date)

I read about 6 week delay and questioned dealer

Dealer knew nothing about delay

Received my 6 week letter today.

I am assuming now a build date 10/15ish.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
Interesting. That tells me my account information user interface is different. It shows my reserved car/reserve date/order # but nothing else. No planned build dates or other status indicators.

Thanks!
Are you not able to click on "view" and go a step further? Weird.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
So I have read many, but not all, of the posts in this thread and have not found the answer to my question:

I got the email yesterday, and my dates remain unchanged. Just checked all the tracking tools and same same. Happened to be at the dealer yesterday for service, and they checked their order list - same dates, no change.

1) All our dates have actually slipped 6 weeks, and Ford doesn't bother to update their order system.
2) The 6 weeks was already factored into our dates, and the email is just making an apology.

So how about we quit posting the "I got the email, too" posts, and only post if your tracking dates have changed recently by 6 weeks. That would tell us something.
Mine just updated for the second time today. Moved to Shipped and now says estimated arrival in 21 days. Delivery moved up to 9/5-9/11 from 9/9-9/15 yesterday. Since receiving the email my dates have moved up not back, which is nice.

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Received the email and just check seg.fyi and my GTPE was produced on 12 Aug and has an ETA of 2 Oct...no ship date yet.

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
So I have read many, but not all, of the posts in this thread and have not found the answer to my question:

I got the email yesterday, and my dates remain unchanged. Just checked all the tracking tools and same same. Happened to be at the dealer yesterday for service, and they checked their order list - same dates, no change.

So how about we quit posting the "I got the email, too" posts, and only post if your tracking dates have changed recently by 6 weeks. That would tell us something.
I think you may be right with your #2 possibility. I placed my order on 4-29 and production date is still showing as 9-27 even after delay letter was received. It was estimated to be a 24 week delivery, which would have been the week of 10-18, which isn’t enough time from my current production date to delivery, so if you add the 6 week delay, it puts my delivery around 11-29. We shall see!

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
250KW of additional free charging does nothing for me since I’ll be charging at home 100% of the time. Free Blue Cruise (when available of course) would peak my interest though and wouldn’t cost Ford anything since I probably won’t subscribe to it for their price.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
250KW of additional free charging does nothing for me since I’ll be charging at home 100% of the time. Free Blue Cruise (when available of course) would peak my interest though and wouldn’t cost Ford anything since I probably won’t subscribe to it for their price.
Yes, a $20 gift certificate for something I will never use is kind of a slap in the face.

A meaningful gift like the Blue Cruise would show a bit more sincerity. But I really don't need a freebie - what I would appreciate is more clarity and transparency on delivery timing. I'm sure that's easier said than done, but Ford is a century-old giant manufacturer worth over $50 Billion, so I'm pretty sure they could do better if they put their mind to it.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I can’t use a free BlueCruise since the hardware was bundled with an option that I did not want. I also will be charging nearly 100% at home, so 250KW means nothing. Ford could throw in something everyone could use like the Interior Protection Package.

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Im guessing the "build weeks" that ford has issued will stand. However the "delay due to the chip" will be post "production" as the vehicles sit awaiting the piece prior to shipment...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Im guessing the "build weeks" that ford has issued will stand. However the "delay due to the chip" will be post "production" as the vehicles sit awaiting the piece prior to shipment...
That was my guess as well.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
It will be interesting to see since my vehicle went from a Plant Hold waiting on Chip prior to the email, then crossed the Rubicon to Built, then Shipped with both Built and Shipped dates after the email. Seems like they're finishing the vehicles that were held as they receive more chips. A number of others have seen similar changes to their status this week in spite of the delay email. I wonder if they aren't air freighting some of these chips to finish as many vehicles as soon as possible.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I ordered my GT PE on 4/29 and received a "Scheduled for production" week of 8/30/21. The indeterminate delay email came in this week, but my production date has not changed. I wish Ford would communicate something. Perhaps it's being built and stored in Mexico waiting for the computers, maybe it will be shipped to Kansas City and wait for computers, maybe shipped to the dealer and wait for the computers, maybe delayed in production waiting for computers. Regardless, @Ford Motor Company needs to do a much better job communicating.
Sponsored