Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Not surprised. A lot of us who got the orders back in March and April also go 250 Kwh added as well.
The chip shortage is letting some dealerships be down right theives. Covert Ford here in Austin has the base models marked up 10k. They have select Models going for 57k.... Then again Covert Ford here in Austin is by far the worse Ford dealership in Austin so that does not surprise me in the least.
They also have almost all of their cars marked up big time and they flat out are advertising it on their web site that way. To bad Ford will not do anything to them like just cut them off from all new shipments.
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Still tracking my Wife’s cancelled order. The car was built on July 3. It is now showing shipped with eta between 9/14 and 9/20. The Delivery date has been pushed out a couple of times already:

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag
Not surprised but extremely disappointed. I guess Ford didn't secure all the materials needed to ensure their launches would not be impacted. We were so close to getting the car, now we either wait 6 weeks without a car or go another route.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Tough to hear for those waiting. I canceled my March Mach E order a while ago when I bought mine off the lot. Got my deposit back but it still shows up in my Ford account as in production for last week.

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
With many here stating their July and August builds are now in transit, I'm not sure I'm buying it until I get an email from FMC.

Maybe like Carmel suggested it has already happened, and now that they have chips coming in they know how long the delay to delivery will be.

Or maybe it won't apply to reservation holders.

Or maybe it doesn't apply to GTs.

Lots of excuses I can use to stay positive.

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Sorry to repeat my earlier post but -

Is this delay starting early July and ending now, or starting now and ending late September?
Only if your vehicle production date falls within that range. An updated delivery date will be provided.

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
With many here stating their July and August builds are now in transit, I'm not sure I'm buying it until I get an email from FMC.

Maybe like Carmel suggested it has already happened, and now that they have chips coming in they know how long the delay to delivery will be.

Mine says in transit but I don’t think it’s actually been shipped. There is no ship date listed and the delivery date is still 10/31. Has been in transit/shipped for two weeks

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

From what I have seen/heard, Ford will be shipping these cars without chips, and have ordered the dealers to install?

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From what I have seen/heard, Ford will be shipping these cars without chips, and have ordered the dealers to install?
I highly doubt they will let them leave the factory without being complete, hence the delay. Most vehicles are being completed as far as they can go without the chip. Then they are being parked.

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I highly doubt they will let them leave the factory without being complete, hence the delay. Most vehicles are being completed as far as they can go without the chip. Then they are being parked.
Ah even better then!! So the wait for the chips and then the wait for the car to be shipped. Man, I have become rather salty in this process....the fact that we will most likely be without a car for 2+months just SUCKS.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
Good thing I just secured a set of Blizzaks today. My dealer said they're getting hard to find. Looks like I'll have to put them on when I take delivery at this point.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ugh. Thanks for the update Joey.

It was already touch and go as to whether my mom would live long enough to get a ride in my GT-PE when it would have arrived without the delay. Now? ?

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah even better then!! So the wait for the chips and then the wait for the car to be shipped. Man, I have become rather salty in this process....the fact that we will most likely be without a car for 2+months just SUCKS.
Honestly I think it really comes down to expectations, A lot of people are without while waiting for their new car to come in and it really does stink but this is unprecedented circumstances which throws everyone for a loop.

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Still tracking my Wife’s cancelled order. The car was built on July 3. It is now showing shipped with eta between 9/14 and 9/20. The Delivery date has been pushed out a couple of times already:
Tracking my canceled order also, ordered 4/30 and nothing has happened yet.

If the car was built why does it take so long for Ford to ship? That should be a couple days?
Sponsored