dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
This email came directly from the EV team at Ford Motor.

Customers with orders produced or scheduled from July 5, 2021 through October 1, 2021 will be delayed 6 weeks.

Ford is compensating by providing an additional 250kwh through the FordPass app.

Vehicles built prior to July 5th are not impacted and will not receive the free 250kwh.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 6 week delay email going out soon to Mach-E order holders with production from July 5 - October 1 Capture.JPG
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Customers with orders produced or scheduled from July 5, 2021 through October 1, 2021 will be delayed 6 weeks.

Ford is compensating by providing an additional 250kwh through the FordPass app.

Vehicles built prior to July 5th are not impacted and will not receive the free 250kwh.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 6 week delay email going out soon to Mach-E order holders with production from July 5 - October 1 Capture.JPG
Shame. I was built the week before, and it’s still sitting and waiting for chips. My delay might not be six weeks, but it’s sure shaping up to look like that.

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Shame. I was built the week before, and it’s still sitting and waiting for chips. My delay might not be six weeks, but it’s sure shaping up to look like that.
The entire auto industry has been affected drastically which has made everyday in the auto industry difficult, from production to dealerships.

I think Ford is having the most problems because of these new models all at once:
Mach-E
Bronco Sport
Bronco
F-150 refresh
F-250 refresh

They have stopped production on many models to funnel the chips to the Pickup trucks, full size bronco etc. I really do not think they were prepared for such a demand for these vehicles, let alone a chip shortage and the pandemic.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
The entire auto industry has been affected drastically which has made everyday in the auto industry difficult, from production to dealerships.

I think Ford is having the most problems because of these new models all at once:
Mach-E
Bronco Sport
Bronco
F-150 refresh
F-250 refresh

They have stopped production on many models to funnel the chips to the Pickup trucks, full size bronco etc. I really do not think they were prepared for such a demand for these vehicles, let alone a chip shortage and the pandemic.
3 NEW Bronco's at my dealer today and about 15 Pickups including 2 Raptors......................... ZERO Mach e's

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Prius, '21 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! Guess I should start planning for a road trip to use the complementary charges :cool: .

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
This jives with what the sales manager told me when I went to pick up my car on July 15th, cars being built in July will be delayed 4-6 weeks.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
This six week delay they refer to is the one that lasted from early July until now, right? In other words it is in the past? I would hate to learn we are in for yet another six week delay starting now.

hjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Mustang, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
250kWh? So I'd get the equivalent of 75 bucks in charging around here (or $25 at home) to wait another 2 month. How generous. That will ensure I stay a happy customer.

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Well, the letter doesn’t, give any indication of the impact to the orders put in prior to July but have not be assigned a production date. What the hay? I can only imagine the worse :(. I have no idea when my 5/17 order will be completed!

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, the letter doesn’t, give any indication of the impact to the orders put in prior to July but have not be assigned a production date. What the hay? I can only imagine the worse :(. I have no idea when my 5/17 order will be completed!
It is not based on order date, it is based on production date. In May we started to inform customers that when placing the order it could be at the end of the year if not first of 2022.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Would be nice if we didn't get delivered a MY 2021 vehicle in 2022.