dcredraider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'm assuming you're referring to this line: "For Mustang Mach-E owners, BlueCruise will come standard on the CA Route 1, Premium, and First Edition variants as part of the $3,200 Comfort and Technology package."
There are First Edition variants that have not yet shipped?
Sponsored

dcredraider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Maybe? If a customer reserved one before the reservations were full but have not converted to an order yet?
Maybe. I think it would be strange, if not misleading, for Ford to say Blue Cruise is standard on the First Edition (but not the vast majority of the First Editions that shipped before July 2021, who have to pay $600).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe? If a customer reserved one before the reservations were full but have not converted to an order yet?
I might be remembering wrong, but I think there was an order conversation deadline for FEs. Late 2020 rings a bell.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I might be remembering wrong, but I think there was an order conversation deadline for FEs. Late 2020 rings a bell.
Yeah, I seem to recall there was going to be a cutoff to convert to an order or lose your reservation when the GT reservations opened, but I don't remember what happened with that. Since I ordered in late June 2020 I didn't pay much attention to reservations after then.

Ford may just be covering the bases by saying all Mach-E with the appropriate hardware would have BlueCruise standard once they start producing them that way.

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
When I bought my Premium AWD SR Mach E on May 26th, Blue Cruise was included in the purchase price and I got a $100 rebate to agree to automatically download the software when available. Not sure how they enforce automatic updates, but we went over this explicitly with my sales rep (who was very knowledgeable about the Mach E despite them not selling a lot yet).

Sagacity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT/PE, 2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT 0146
Occupation
Network Administrator
Country flag
You guys get a high five and a thumbs up?! Wow! You’re doing better than PA! We get “what’s an EV? Here’s a reflective triangle for the back of your buggy (as in horse and buggy)” Being environmentally responsible in this state means you have one of those horse diaper things ?
Last month Utah tried to pass a bill to increase the registration cost for EV's by about three fold. (luckily it was voted down) You would think that getting rid of the smog from the temperature inversions would be a priority.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You guys get a high five and a thumbs up?! Wow! You’re doing better than PA! We get “what’s an EV? Here’s a reflective triangle for the back of your buggy (as in horse and buggy)” Being environmentally responsible in this state means you have one of those horse diaper things ?
Find all the
Ford Mustang Mach-E $600.00 Blue Cruise is coming.... 1624391514479

signs, and stealthily replace them with

Ford Mustang Mach-E $600.00 Blue Cruise is coming.... 1624391544388

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Maine's limit is $50K. Mine was just under and I got a premium color.
Ford Mustang Mach-E $600.00 Blue Cruise is coming.... 1624391544388

You guys get state tax incentives?

Utah gave me a high five and a big thumbs up for buying an EV
Last month Utah tried to pass a bill to increase the registration cost for EV's by about three fold. (luckily it was voted down) You would think that getting rid of the smog from the temperature inversions would be a priority.
We get charged extra in SC. So enjoy your incentives for those who get them.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I guess I can't complain TOO much given I pay only $0.08/kWh at home
Are you dividing your total bill by kWh used?

If not, you probably have distribution charges, fixed system/account fees, local surcharges and applicable taxes you are paying but not including in the 8 cent rate.

If yes, 8 cents is a good rate.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
When I bought my Premium AWD SR Mach E on May 26th, Blue Cruise was included in the purchase price and I got a $100 rebate to agree to automatically download the software when available. Not sure how they enforce automatic updates, but we went over this explicitly with my sales rep (who was very knowledgeable about the Mach E despite them not selling a lot yet).
Since BlueCruise is not finished/released, no one is getting charged for it yet. Once it is released, the price of the car increases $600 and a 3-year subscription is included. Until then, Ford is giving $100 credit, but there is no obligation to subscribe later.

How did you agree to "automatically download the software when available"? This is the first I've heard of anyone being told they must subscribe. Was there anything written? If not, you should have no obligation to subscribe to BlueCruise when it is released.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It should be the same amount as the state gas tax for a comparable size ICE CUV. That's what the state gas tax typically goes to - road funding. So it should be the same. But in some states it seems to be more and others less.

Some states also have EV incentives, usually in the form of a one-time purchase tax credit. But that's different than the annual EV fee which is a road-funding gas tax replacement.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Are you dividing your total bill by kWh used?

If not, you probably have distribution charges, fixed system/account fees, local surcharges and applicable taxes you are paying but not including in the 8 cent rate.

If yes, 8 cents is a good rate.
It's a combined city utility bill with only 3 lines. Water, trash, and electric. No extra fees. ? I called and asked to be sure and it is indeed 8¢

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think the very knowledgeable sales rep was mistaken. Was $500 added to your purchase price? If so, you may want to try to get that back from the dealer.
Sponsored