OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Is there an opt-out for this? If our cars come after it's 'included', but it doesn't show up on our window sticker today, will we be paying for it in October anyway, like it or not?

I'll never ever turn it on. I haven't even turned cruise control on in my Mazda in 4 years.
It'll be an optional subscription you can add to the car.
Sponsored

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
It'll be an optional subscription you can add to the car.
For cars already delivered and for those in the pipeline until the software is completed, yes. Once the software is released, it will ship with the car and the price will increase $600. It will not be optional at that point.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
It's a combined city utility bill with only 3 lines. Water, trash, and electric. No extra fees. ? I called and asked to be sure and it is indeed 8¢
Living in Utopia.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
For cars already delivered and for those in the pipeline until the software is completed, yes. Once the software is released, it will ship with the car and the price will increase $600. It will not be optional at that point.
Ford has said it'll only be for a few years or so and require a periodic "subscription" to update it (presumably like the map updates of yore that were only provided for 3 years and then you had to buy a new SD card or DVD), as Ford looks to maximize revenue on ongoing software development.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford has been very specific about this. It's $600 for a three-year subscription.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Are you dividing your total bill by kWh used?

If not, you probably have distribution charges, fixed system/account fees, local surcharges and applicable taxes you are paying but not including in the 8 cent rate.

If yes, 8 cents is a good rate.
Mine is $0.06/kWhr for the electric. The other add-ons make the final cost $0.0697/kWhr on average. The $25.00/month service fee is the biggest contrbutor.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Any update anywhere or hints at when the full Blue Cruise is coming? I commute a lot including some serious stop and go and LOVE the lane centering and full stop/start adaptive cruise already. (Already a happy Ford owner with adaptive cruise w/out full stop/start for many yrs.).

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Any update anywhere or hints at when the full Blue Cruise is coming? I commute a lot including some serious stop and go and LOVE the lane centering and full stop/start adaptive cruise already. (Already a happy Ford owner with adaptive cruise w/out full stop/start for many yrs.).
I have heard rumors that September will have a significant OTA update that will include BlueCruise. That would meet the 3rd quarter promises Ford has made.

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Had anybody seen an updated Blue Cruise map? Or is that non-zoomable map released months the only one released so far?

I'm getting excited to find out where we will be able to use the hands free driving!

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Had anybody seen an updated Blue Cruise map? Or is that non-zoomable map released months the only one released so far?

I'm getting excited to find out where we will be able to use the hands free driving!
It had better work better than Tesla's. I'll never engage it. I'll be damned if I'll sit there waiting for the car to make a mistake that I then have to correct.

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Prius, '21 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
The $600 price increase for all eligible models was instituted when they updated the order book (and online order site) in April, which was the same day they started taking orders for the GT. The window sticker for those MMEs list BlueCruise in the optional equipment section, with no additional fee on that line. The window sticker does not specify a timeframe for this feature like it does for the Nav. The expectation was that all MMEs for those orders would be built starting late June/July and that the BlueCruise software would be factory installed on those cars. Mine is scheduled to be built next week and I do not know if the software will be installed then or if it will be part of an update later in the year. (If that $600 price increase only covers a 3-year subscription, the 3 years better not start until I have the feature!)

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
With the GT's we paid for the package that includes the Bluecruise. Did we just pay for the capabilities? I was under the impression we wouldn't have to pay additionally for it when available.

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With the GT's we paid for the package that includes the Bluecruise. Did we just pay for the capabilities? I was under the impression we wouldn't have to pay additionally for it when available.
It's definitely included. The questions are (1) if your car will have the software already when it's delivered and (2) whether it includes a 3-year subscription or unlimited.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The $600 price increase for all eligible models was instituted when they updated the order book (and online order site) in April, which was the same day they started taking orders for the GT. The window sticker for those MMEs list BlueCruise in the optional equipment section, with no additional fee on that line. The window sticker does not specify a timeframe for this feature like it does for the Nav. The expectation was that all MMEs for those orders would be built starting late June/July and that the BlueCruise software would be factory installed on those cars. Mine is scheduled to be built next week and I do not know if the software will be installed then or if it will be part of an update later in the year. (If that $600 price increase only covers a 3-year subscription, the 3 years better not start until I have the feature!)
I don't think they have instituted the $600 increase on the window sticker yet. I saw some Monroneys that said "BlueCruise" instead of "FORD CO-PILOT360™ACTIVE2.0 PREP PACKAGE", but I just looked at a car with VIN 36XXX (built in June) and the price is $47000 - no mention of BlueCruise on the label and no $600 increase. It's back to the Prep Package wording again.

I don't believe Ford is charging anybody anything until the software is ready for release.

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think they have instituted the $600 increase on the window sticker yet. I saw some Monroneys that said "BlueCruise" instead of "FORD CO-PILOT360™ACTIVE2.0 PREP PACKAGE", but I just looked at a car with VIN 36XXX (built in June) and the price is $47000 - no mention of BlueCruise on the label and no $600 increase. It's back to the Prep Package wording again.
I got my window sticker this week and it clearly says Ford Co-Pilot360 Active2.0 BlueCruise. Also, the MSRP shown on the sticker is $47,600 (Premium RWD SR, standard color, no other options). There must have been a set cutoff date when they changed it.
Sponsored