6th grader approached my (Red) Mach E from behind and said "I really like your Ferrari!" ...

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 Boxster S,(prior M3P,Mach E,Taycan), 23 Plaid S
Country flag
I didn't register the end of his sentence and first said "Thanks." Then it registered and I said "It's a Ford." To which he said "Why the horse?" I replied "It's a galloping Mustang, not a [fancy] prancing horse." I didn't actually say the "fancy" part but though it would have been cooler if I had. :)

I've also had a neighbor who only drives Range Rovers say he likes my car and that he thought it was an Aston Martin...

The Mach E isn't perfect, but it is a good looking pseudo SUV!
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Yes it's really well sculpted and my brother in law has nothing but laudatory comments on the interior fit and finish compared to his Model X and Escalade.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
In defense of your neighbor, the headlights and grille on the GT are very reminiscent of Aston-Martin. The 2013-2020 Fusion front ends have a VERY Aston-Martin inspired look. 😊🐩

OP
OP

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In defense of your neighbor, the headlights and grille on the GT are very reminiscent of Aston-Martin. The 2013-2020 Fusion front ends have a VERY Aston-Martin inspired look. 😊🐩
I think Ford decided since it owned Aston Martin from 1991 – 2007 that they had a right to borrow certain appearance queues. :)

That said I think the Aston Martin DBX is an attrocity because before it Aston Martin was considered a sports car company, rather like I still think the Cayenne is horrible because it was Porsche's first departure from true sports car territory. Probably both good business decisions but sad nonetheless.

OP
OP

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't register the end of his sentence and first said "Thanks." Then it registered and I said "It's a Ford." To which he said "Why the horse?" I replied "It's a galloping Mustang, not a [fancy] prancing horse." I didn't actually say the "fancy" part but though it would have been cooler if I had. :)

I've also had a neighbor who only drives Range Rovers say he likes my car and that he thought it was an Aston Martin...

And now that the Ferrari "Purosangue" (that word must have been redefined to mean "abomination"!) has been seen in the flesh, I still think from several angles the Mach E looks better. That said, while the Impurosangue isn't half the sports car the FF / GTC4 Lusso are, it is kinda cool from certain angles, and it will probably sell because lots of people are genuinely nuts. And after seeing the BMW XM, I started to think the Ferrari Psuedo-Purosangue maybe doesn't look that bad (plus what the he?? is BMW trying to do with a slow heavy psuedo-EV SUV that is slower/pricier than the iX M60)

Maybe Ford could release a detuned Version of the Mach E race car with 1400 hp ... Heck just 1000hp, much wider rear tires, fixed HVBJB and barely wider than stock wheel haunches and it would toast the Ferrari Imp SUV, BMW XM, Lambo Uteris, ... so they could sell it for $150k as a halo EV :)

Pathung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Maybe Ford could release a detuned Version of the Mach E race car with 1400 hp ... Heck just 1000hp, much wider rear tires, fixed HVBJB and barely wider than stock wheel haunches and it would toast the Ferrari Imp SUV, BMW XM, Lambo Uteris, ... so they could sell it for $150k as a halo EV :)
How do you know that you're not describing EXACTLY the 8th-gen. Mustang (gone Electric)?! The current Shelby GT500 Mustang boasts 760 hp, the recently-unveiled 7th-gen counterpart should clear 850 hp... and the 8th-gen electric? 1,000 hp. :) And it may cost $150K - be careful of what you wish for.

In any case, I think that Ford is building a very exciting future for itself and its loyal customers, and I'm glad.

Last edited:

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag

My neighbor has a beat up Chevy pickup and thinks my MME is a “new car”.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Just watched this video featuring the new Ferrari Purosangue and it has so many external styling elements from the Mach E. The door handles are a 100% rip-off of the Mach E
The side profile is almost 100% the same the front and rear are very close except for the headlights and taillights.
What do you guys think?

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Just watched this video featuring the new Ferrari Purosangue and it has so many external styling elements from the Mach E. The door handles are a 100% rip-off of the Mach E
The side profile is almost 100% the same the front and rear are very close except for the headlights and taillights.
What do you guys think?
Cool car and rims but I didn't see much of a resemblance to the MME personally

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Cool car and rims but I didn't see much of a resemblance to the MME personally
Not identical but design choices are similar in the rear quarter, wheel arches and lower door area.

Just interesting that Ferrari has a similar look to the Mach E
Happy with the design language for the Mach E and happy to see much more expensive car shares some elements.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 6th grader approached my (Red) Mach E from behind and said "I really like your Ferrari!" ... Ferrari SUV

Ford Mustang Mach-E 6th grader approached my (Red) Mach E from behind and said "I really like your Ferrari!" ... Mach E