AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
What company had the 200kwh chargers? I ask because I drive through Oklahoma on my way to Memphis from Denver and want to plan appropriately.
Francis Energy has stations across the state. They range from 50-200kwh. PlugShare app has most of them listed
Sponsored

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Francis Energy has stations across the state. They range from 50-200kwh. PlugShare app has most of them listed
That's what I was worried about that they are the dominant charger along my route. Did they by any chance tell you why it wouldn't work if you called or were able to get anyone on the line?

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
That's what I was worried about that they are the dominant charger along my route. Did they by any chance tell you why it wouldn't work if you called or were able to get anyone on the line?
When going across the eastern part of Oklahoma on I40, be aware there is a lack of chargers between Fort Smith and Oklahoma City. I had major problems with the one at Interstate Inn at the eastern edge of Oklahoma plus it was surrounded by 3 feet of mud and ice when I was there. If you take off I40 and go up through Muskogee, there are a bunch there that work.

OP
OP
AndyS_OSU

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Talked to a rep for 30 minutes. He tried manually starting several of the chargers but the MachE showed a fault or the charger would say “stopped”

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is what I thought too. It was just suspicious that they were both 200s and none of them worked. In a couple cases they started up for 5 seconds and then it said “Charging Stopped”
I've had the exact same experience on any charger that was rated over 150kw. It starts and works for up to 45 seconds and then stops.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I feel very much like you would just get an answering machine if you call Francis support. You couldn't make an account with their app, website or anything for like 3 months straight. Although they have been much more reliable for me than EA for actual charging sessions.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Intelligent Cruise is great but I found it to be slightly jarring as it accelerated to a new speed. A more natural ramp would be nice
Did you have any issues on your trip of it randomly thinking it saw a slower speed limit sign? I haven't had a single trip where It hasn't done that. I'll be going at 75 with cruise set, then out of nowhere it'll think it sees a speed limit sign of like 45 and suddenly and quickly try to slow down. A few times I think it read a speed limit sign from an off ramp. But other times I couldn't tell what it thought it saw. It doesn't seem to care about the yellow speed limit signs for like corners or intersections. And I also kind of wish it would gradually slow down when it sees a sign that says like 55mph ahead.

Around here if you pass a 45mph sign, and you're not going 45mph at that moment, a lot of these small towns will pull you over guaranteed.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Talked to a rep for 30 minutes. He tried manually starting several of the chargers but the MachE showed a fault or the charger would say “stopped”
Did you get error messages like these on the Ford App? I had this happen multiple times.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 700 miles in 3 days: the good, the bad, and the ugly 1614629981285

Ford Mustang Mach-E 700 miles in 3 days: the good, the bad, and the ugly 1614629996534

OP
OP
AndyS_OSU

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Did you have any issues on your trip of it randomly thinking it saw a slower speed limit sign? I haven't had a single trip where It hasn't done that. I'll be going at 75 with cruise set, then out of nowhere it'll think it sees a speed limit sign of like 45 and suddenly and quickly try to slow down. A few times I think it read a speed limit sign from an off ramp. But other times I couldn't tell what it thought it saw. It doesn't seem to care about the yellow speed limit signs for like corners or intersections. And I also kind of wish it would gradually slow down when it sees a sign that says like 55mph ahead.

Around here if you pass a 45mph sign, and you're not going 45mph at that moment, a lot of these small towns will pull you over guaranteed.
I think that happened once or twice where it saw an exit ramp sign

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Regarding the Wireless Charging Pad, do you have an iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Pro Max? If so, my theory is that the MagSafe is interfering with it and stopping the charge. I tested with my spare iPhone 11 Pro and had no issues. My 12 Pro stops charging after a few min even though it hasn't moved on the pad.

Wind noise is absolutely present. I wonder if we can get an aftermarket fix like the one that was introduced for the Model 3?

I really hope they can solve some issues with the software. They can do it quite easily. I just hope the commitment is there.
My wife has the 12 mini and it seems to work, so I wonder the location is just in the wrong place. Someone in this thread suggested flipping the phone so the lightning port faces the front of the car.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
My wife has the 12 mini and it seems to work, so I wonder the location is just in the wrong place. Someone in this thread suggested flipping the phone so the lightning port faces the front of the car.
I tried flipping it, albeit a short trip, it seemed to hold.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Pretty sure there is an “ECO” mode for cruise that more slowly accelerates.
My Clarity is like that - when in Sport mode, it accelerates strongly when using adaptive cruise control. Much more gradually when in Eco mode.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I'd bet my bottom dollar that they didn't test with 12 Pros, since they weren't even out yet during development of the vehicle. I think it's MagSafe. I've heard of this issue with a couple other 12 series owners. But any other phone that supports wireless charging seems to be without issue. You're helping confirm this, thank you!
My iPhone 12 Pro charges fine but I have to take it out of the case. My case is the iPhone one with the special magsafe for charging.....which is strange. But it now charges most of the time.
Sponsored