Banned
First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Drove my Premium, Standard Range, RWD Mach-E off the lot on Tuesday and straight on to the interstate from DFW to Tulsa to visit my dad after my mom’s passing on Monday. By the time I made it back to DFW Thursday night I had put 700 miles on the car. Here are my quick thoughts.

The Good:
  • This car is both comfortable on a long trip and super fun to drive. I could go into all the driving dynamics and such, but tldr: if this is an SUV l, it’s definitely the sportiest one I’ve ever driven
  • Even at Texas/Oklahoma highway speeds most of the time (cruise set at 79) I probably averaged 3.3m/Kwh (when temps were between 50-80 degrees out). That dropped to 2.8 or so when a strong north wind and cold front arrived.
  • Sound system was super clear for podcasts/audiobooks and original Broadway cast recordings
  • Wireless CarPlay is so convenient and connects almost instantly. The only issue is when you’re getting in and out of the car repeatedly because you’re on the phone with a charging network (more on that later) and it keeps switching the call back to the car audio.
  • PaaK worked okay for me the couple times I tried it. Once when I stopped during a trip and put the car in park, it wouldn’t let me shift back to drive until I used the start code on the screen. But that worked fine
The Bad:
  • There is definitely wind noise above 40mph coming from the glass roof. Not I’m terribly loud but annoying
  • Still have not been able to get FordPass to push my pre setup profile to the car
  • Can’t figure out how to get CarPlay turn by turn to show up on the instrument cluster
  • FordPass in general is pretty clunky/buggy
  • They need to add a customizable strip of buttons to the infotainment screen. There’s plenty of room. A user determined set of controls you like to get to (trunk release, camera view, etc)
  • Would also be nice to have a way to dismiss the suggested cards if that really isn’t something you will be needing
  • With autohold turned on, my car has a very slight “bump” when I press the accelerator after a stop. A real annoyance in some temporary construction stop and go traffic
  • Intelligent Cruise is great but I found it to be slightly jarring as it accelerated to a new speed. A more natural ramp would be nice
  • See above but for deceleration

The Ugly:
  • I know the roads in Oklahoma are not the smoothest, but the charging pad was fairly useless
  • Day one charging adventure: 6-200kwh chargers at the same location. None worked with the MachE. First EA station further down the road, didn’t work until I spent 20 minutes on the phone with support. Otherwise charging was fine except for a stop at another 200kwh charger a couple days later that also did no work. Could it have something to do with the unit exceeding the 150kwh max for the car?
  • Put seat covers in the car and had to pop the back bench to secure the rear ones. Real pain to put back in and hope I didn’t mess anything up sensor wise
I’ll probably think of other things but that’s what stands out so far.
Which seat covers did you get?
Sponsored

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag

OP
OP
AndyS_OSU

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Quick update:

Trip 1 (the 800 miles I’ve put on it) says I’m averaging 3.5m/kWh.

puddle lights and PaaK are still spotty as others have noted.

wind noise still annoying

trying to set up a charging limit on FordPass was nonsensically complicated.

my car has no idea what temp it is outside. Today’s temp when I got in the car (that had sat out all day) was 74 degrees. Here’s what it said the whole trip home.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 700 miles in 3 days: the good, the bad, and the ugly C312736B-A7B8-4281-AD85-27D3E62D1DF1

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
my car has no idea what temp it is outside. Today’s temp when I got in the car (that had sat out all day) was 74 degrees. Here’s what it said the whole trip home.
it was actually 46 deg. F but you were so hot and bothered driving a Mach-E that it felt 74 deg. F to you.

ThatStangStank

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha FZ8, Mazda 3, Mach E GT (Reserved)
Country flag
Drove my Premium, Standard Range, RWD Mach-E off the lot on Tuesday and straight on to the interstate from DFW to Tulsa to visit my dad after my mom’s passing on Monday. By the time I made it back to DFW Thursday night I had put 700 miles on the car. Here are my quick thoughts.

The Good:
  • This car is both comfortable on a long trip and super fun to drive. I could go into all the driving dynamics and such, but tldr: if this is an SUV l, it’s definitely the sportiest one I’ve ever driven
  • Even at Texas/Oklahoma highway speeds most of the time (cruise set at 79) I probably averaged 3.3m/Kwh (when temps were between 50-80 degrees out). That dropped to 2.8 or so when a strong north wind and cold front arrived.
  • Sound system was super clear for podcasts/audiobooks and original Broadway cast recordings
  • Wireless CarPlay is so convenient and connects almost instantly. The only issue is when you’re getting in and out of the car repeatedly because you’re on the phone with a charging network (more on that later) and it keeps switching the call back to the car audio.
  • PaaK worked okay for me the couple times I tried it. Once when I stopped during a trip and put the car in park, it wouldn’t let me shift back to drive until I used the start code on the screen. But that worked fine
The Bad:
  • There is definitely wind noise above 40mph coming from the glass roof. Not I’m terribly loud but annoying
  • Still have not been able to get FordPass to push my pre setup profile to the car
  • Can’t figure out how to get CarPlay turn by turn to show up on the instrument cluster
  • They need to add a customizable strip of buttons to the infotainment screen. There’s plenty of room. A user determined set of controls you like to get to (trunk release, camera view, etc)
  • Would also be nice to have a way to dismiss the suggested cards if that really isn’t something you will be needing
  • With autohold turned on, my car has a very slight “bump” when I press the accelerator after a stop. A real annoyance in some temporary construction stop and go traffic
  • Intelligent Cruise is great but I found it to be slightly jarring as it accelerated to a new speed. A more natural ramp would be nice

The Ugly:
  • I know the roads in Oklahoma are not the smoothest, but the charging pad was fairly useless
  • Day one charging adventure: 6-200kwh chargers at the same location. None worked with the MachE. First EA station further down the road, didn’t work until I spent 20 minutes on the phone with support. Otherwise charging was fine except for a stop at another 200kwh charger a couple days later that also did no work. Could it have something to do with the unit exceeding the 150kwh max for the car?
  • Put seat covers in the car and had to pop the back bench to secure the rear ones. Real pain to put back in and hope I didn’t mess anything up sensor wise

The Good:
The Bad:

The Ugly:

‘My condolences on the loss of your mother.
Sponsored