Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Will this recall link update once they fix my vehicle? Which could be another way to tell if your vehicle is about to start traveling again.
Sponsored

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
It sucks if it is your Mach E that is affected.

But if it makes you guys feel better, apparently the "loose bolt" problem is something that is going around this year. Maybe a Covid variant? :) :)

2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company
Number of vehicles affected: 1,638
Report Date: February 16, 2021
Issue: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2021 Bronco Sport vehicles. The rear suspension subframe assembly may have loose or missing bolts. Difficulty steering or the inability to steer in both directions can increase the risk of a crash.
Solution: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear suspension bolts, and secure or replace the bolts, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 5, 2021.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Will this recall link update once they fix my vehicle? Which could be another way to tell if your vehicle is about to start traveling again.
It likely will eventually, but I don't think it will happen in real-time.

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
I just think it is very sad to have your vehicle recalled before you even receive it! Maybe those affected should also get the additional 1k off email since I expect ours will be further delayed since they can legally sell them while a recall is pending apparently.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I just think it is very sad to have your vehicle recalled before you even receive it! Maybe those affected should also get the additional 1k off email since I expect ours will be further delayed since they can legally sell them while a recall is pending apparently.
We don't know if this will delay anything. It's possible that it just means the dealer will need to check and tighten the bolts when the car arrives. We also don't know if this recall has anything to do with the new "quality checks". I received the email with the 250kWh of additional charging, but this recall doesn't seem to affect my VIN, so I don't think they're related.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
So far I see 3 RWD’s so configuration may be a factor. Anyone with an AWD get a notice?
My Infinite Blue Mach E 4X is on the list, so AWD is included. I was going to get on here to ask why would my VIN not show up anymore on the Tracker. Anyone else on the NHTSA list also dropped from Tracker?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Geeze is this ever going to calm down... Well, at least mine isn't yet on the recall site list.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Ford's "gung ho" factory releases cars with loose bolts!

You couldn't make it up!

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
Chatted with my dealership this morning, they insist there is no stop ship on my car and then it should still arrive next week but now I find out it shows up on this site for a recall.

Really tired of dealing with my dealership so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if this extends my timeline

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
My VIN is affected. Ugghhh. Hope it’s a quick fix. Supposed to pick up next weekend.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
My VIN was included too! How long will that delay things now?
I wonder where they will do the work?
Chatted with my dealership this morning, they insist there is no stop ship on my car and then it should still arrive next week but now I find out it shows up on this site for a recall.

Really tired of dealing with my dealership so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if this extends my timeline
My VIN is affected. Ugghhh. Hope it’s a quick fix. Supposed to pick up next weekend.
The cars that are affected will be fixed at dealerships after they arrive. They won't be delayed in shipping from this recall. See below: "About 94 percent of the 1,258 affected vehicles in the U.S. and all 90 in Canada will be serviced before customer delivery. Dealers will inspect the subframe bolts and tighten if necessary."
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...r-company-to-address-subframe-bolt-issue.html

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Interesting after such a long delay, and unknown timeframe for my delivery, my vin isn't in the list.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Ford does some recalls on other models. My 2014 Fusion Hybrid had two recalls. One was the support bolt on the electric power steering system that may fail due to rust issues. The other was the door latches that could fail due to supplier quality. My Ford dealer did both recalls together at no cost to me, but I had to leave my car for over a day because there were many recall work during that week. Ford later sent me a letter to verify the floor latches through their serial numbers. I did verify that all four latches were replaced.

So if your Mach-E or other Ford model has a recall, the dealer must do the work at no cost to you, except your time. Ford will compensate the dealer for the parts and labor.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
DEARBORN, Mich., March 5, 2021 – Ford Motor Company is issuing a safety recall affecting fewer than 75 customers who have already taken delivery of their 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles. During checks to deliver high levels of quality and customer satisfaction, Ford discovered some vehicles may have subframe bolts that the supplier did not tighten to specification.
While the issue in affected vehicles is not to Ford’s standards, the company is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this condition.
About 94 percent of the 1,258 affected vehicles in the U.S. and all 90 in Canada will be serviced before customer delivery. Dealers will inspect the subframe bolts and tighten if necessary.
Owners who have already received their vehicles will be notified beginning the week of March 22.
The Ford reference number for this recall is 21S09.

About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford trucks, utility vehicles, and cars – increasingly including electrified versions – and Lincoln luxury vehicles; provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company; and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification; mobility solutions, including self-driving services; and connected vehicle services. Ford employs approximately 186,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit corporate.ford.com.

Media Contact
TO VIEW CONTACT DETAILS PLEASE LOGIN OR REGISTER HERE
Before people freak out.... this is a normal recall issue. The key part is "not aware of any accidents or injuries" which means they know how important this car's launch is and they are being proactive.

As far as the cars on the way already, recalls are already on the list of things the technicians look out for when doing the PDI on a car before putting up front on line to sell.

Lets give Ford the benefit of the doubt on this one and exercise a little patience :) I have been waiting nearly a year since my first order and I am not deterred one bit.
Sponsored