generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So if your Mach-E or other Ford model has a recall, the dealer must do the work at no cost to you, except your time. Ford will compensate the dealer for the parts and labor.
I don’t think that’s what anyone is concerned about.
Sponsored

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
The bolts are tightened. Given the lack of urgency, I'm sure there is no immediate safety issue. It's just that they're not, quote, "tightened to Ford's requested spec", and it appears to be a part that arrived that way from another supplier.

Probably some subframe bolts tightened to like 150 ft-lbs instead of 160 ft-lbs.
If it is 150 instead of 160 I’m fine with that. But if it is like a situation when I left a tire shop with the wheels’ bolts hand thigh only, it could be a more immediate issue ?. Yep, it happened.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Mines caught up in this as well. AWD drive produced 1/22 and still in Mexico, so I imagine they’re fixing it down there

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
If it is 150 instead of 160 I’m fine with that. But if it is like a situation when I left a tire shop with the wheels’ bolts hand thigh only, it could be a more immediate issue ?. Yep, it happened.
Wowww! That's a whole other level... ??

I think we're dealing with the 150 vs 160 situation. Ford isn't even going to start notifying customers until the 22nd - that sounds anything but urgent.

BATTERIESRIT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Country flag
Will this recall link update once they fix my vehicle? Which could be another way to tell if your vehicle is about to start traveling again.
It is bad enough for Ford to deal with their own quality issues that pop on on the assembly line...(not due to the robots). But this is due to supplier. I hope Ford hits them with a cost penalty. Does the supplier do any quality testing prior to shipping to Ford?

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
DEARBORN, Mich., March 5, 2021 – Ford Motor Company is issuing a safety recall affecting fewer than 75 customers who have already taken delivery of their 2021 Mustang Mach-E vehicles. During checks to deliver high levels of quality and customer satisfaction, Ford discovered some vehicles may have subframe bolts that the supplier did not tighten to specification.
While the issue in affected vehicles is not to Ford’s standards, the company is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this condition.
About 94 percent of the 1,258 affected vehicles in the U.S. and all 90 in Canada will be serviced before customer delivery. Dealers will inspect the subframe bolts and tighten if necessary.
Owners who have already received their vehicles will be notified beginning the week of March 22.
The Ford reference number for this recall is 21S09.

About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford trucks, utility vehicles, and cars – increasingly including electrified versions – and Lincoln luxury vehicles; provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company; and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification; mobility solutions, including self-driving services; and connected vehicle services. Ford employs approximately 186,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit corporate.ford.com.

Media Contact
TO VIEW CONTACT DETAILS PLEASE LOGIN OR REGISTER HERE
Mine is one of them ...

Using the Ford recall website to confirmed

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Will this recall link update once they fix my vehicle? Which could be another way to tell if your vehicle is about to start traveling again.
Update: my car is back on the move but is still on the list to check the bolts. So it seems that the recall will be handled by the dealer and not a cause for shipping delays as some have stated.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
But if it is like a situation when I left a tire shop with the wheels’ bolts hand thigh only, it could be a more immediate issue ?. Yep, it happened.
Happens more than you would think. About 30 years ago, a guy had tires put on his van at a St.Louis area Sears Auto. He picked up his van, merged on the the expressway and lost a wheel. It crossed the median and killed a woman in an oncoming car.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
Haven’t received the recall email and vehicle is currently “in transit“. Just arrived at the Muncie ramp in KS today. Does this mean that they will need to fix it before they can sell it to us? Build date was 2/9 and shipped 2/17. CRT 1 Model.
3A4815B1-684A-4C77-A848-68DD862959D2.jpeg
Sorry about this affecting you, but I actually see some positive points here.
Your car was produced last month and is already in Kansas.
Secondly it has only the single "new" recall.
My car was produced Dec 15th, reached Kansas in February, spent time to fix the previous issues known in the Speedway and ETA is still 3 weeks away.
Hopefully this means that Ford has fixed the issues on the older cars and the new February builds at least should suffer not the delay associated with previous issues.
Progress right?