MrTact

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD (Soon™️)
Country flag
Big oof. I ordered mine 2/10 and haven't gotten a build date yet. Are you in Canada by chance?

Edit: ah, nm. I missed that yours is a select. Seems like the premium (my trim) may have some parts that are tighter in supply than the select or GT, as those two trims have been getting much quicker build dates.

Last edited:

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I ordered in mid-March. Previously scheduled for 8/1 build week, but then moved to 8/15 (no notification on either, but saw on the website). Today I got an email telling me I had an 8/15 build week, and providing my VIN.

What's the typical timeframe from when the build actually starts until delivery? Based on the estimate when I ordered, I was expecting my car in late September or early October. While I don't want to get my hopes up too much, it now seems like it could be a bit earlier.

iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
I ordered in mid-March. Previously scheduled for 8/1 build week, but then moved to 8/15 (no notification on either, but saw on the website). Today I got an email telling me I had an 8/15 build week, and providing my VIN.

What's the typical timeframe from when the build actually starts until delivery? Based on the estimate when I ordered, I was expecting my car in late September or early October. While I don't want to get my hopes up too much, it now seems like it could be a bit earlier.
I also got the email today.
But I could not " Use your VIN to download your detailed window sticker. "

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I could not " Use your VIN to download your detailed window sticker. "
Nor could I. I assumed I just wasn't looking hard enough, but maybe it's either not yet available due to stage in the pipeline, or not available on the current version of their website.

I was, however, able to use my VIN to get an online insurance quote.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Nor could I. I assumed I just wasn't looking hard enough, but maybe it's either not yet available due to stage in the pipeline, or not available on the current version of their website.

I was, however, able to use my VIN to get an online insurance quote.
Scheduling and VIN assignment take place ~month before actual assembly of your MME begins (build date). It is currently very common to have the "build date" jumped weeks later. Less than a week of your "real" build date, the window sticker should become available. In the absence of delays, assembly takes a few days, followed within days by shipping. Train transit from MX to KC is ~11-14 days. KC to final left/right coast destination takes another 3-4 weeks. Of course, delays do occur at every step adding weeks to the delivery time. after waiting months between order confirmation and having your order scheduled, these can be both exciting and depressing events.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 8/15/22 Build Week Gang 1657308351345

OP
OP
Travman1974

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
Got my “scheduled” email also. The plant seems to be moving right along with the recent build weeks. Let’s hope it holds so there are no further delays. But this will be the first week of production after a two week plant shutdown.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just got bumped a week to 8/22.

Technically this was an early Oct 2021 order that I delayed paperwork on and thus instead of being scheduled in May 2022... it got scheduled in August 2022

andruw000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner Trail Premium
Country flag
Was 7/14, then 7/25, now 8/15. Ordered a base select in early March.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Scheduling and VIN assignment take place ~month before actual assembly of your MME begins (build date).
Gonna be 'that guy' a sec.

The VIN for your car is largely just a product of all of the associated major features of the car, plus your internal order number. Your VIN is effectively set when you order the car, and a VIN decoder can take the VIN of a car and tell you what the features are because that's what a VIN is.

In fact, there are tools out there (some linked in this forum) that can pull your VIN from the Ford.com order site long before Ford actually sends it to you. And yes, this works, because the one I pulled using that tool matches what Ford finally emailed me three days ago.

Based on what you ordered, you would be able to come up with everything in your final VIN on your own except the last five digits, because that's the only part unique to your specific vehicle. And those five digits, as I said, are basically established at time of order, just never revealed to you.

Anyway ...

I'm in this group as well. Glad to finally have what appears to be a stable build date. Fingers crossed the rest of the process is smooth!

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Gonna be 'that guy' a sec.

The VIN for your car is largely just a product of all of the associated major features of the car, plus your internal order number. Your VIN is effectively set when you order the car, and a VIN decoder can take the VIN of a car and tell you what the features are because that's what a VIN is.

In fact, there are tools out there (some linked in this forum) that can pull your VIN from the Ford.com order site long before Ford actually sends it to you. And yes, this works, because the one I pulled using that tool matches what Ford finally emailed me three days ago.

Based on what you ordered, you would be able to come up with everything in your final VIN on your own except the last five digits, because that's the only part unique to your specific vehicle. And those five digits, as I said, are basically established at time of order, just never revealed to you.

Anyway ...

I'm in this group as well. Glad to finally have what appears to be a stable build date. Fingers crossed the rest of the process is smooth!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 8/15/22 Build Week Gang 1657588672538

machK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
Select RWD Technology Package Grabber Blue
7/25->8/1->8/15

Sali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA RT1
Country flag
Anxiously waiting as well.
Ordered 11/17/2021;
Mustang Mach-E PREMIUM Extended Range Battery - eAWD (Ice Blue)

OP
OP
Travman1974

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
We are now three weeks from the start of our build week! Just found out that I am scheduled to day 8/18/2022 from ford chat.
Sponsored