8/22/22 build week gang thread

Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
There seems to be a lot of variation in how the dealers approach this. Some seem to want to do all the checking and detailing and charge to 100% and have everything totally ready before they call the customer. Mine called me basically as the car was rolling off the truck in the morning, and when I showed up in the afternoon to do the paperwork, it still had all the plastic and foam and dirt from sitting in railyards.

(but having said that, I got zero proactive communication from them whatsoever in the 8 months since placing my order)
Sponsored

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Every dealer and salesperson is different. My 8/22 build week car arrived with no notice and the salesperson is now on vacation for 10+ days. I reached out to the dealership on my own.

The sibling dealership back in June contacted me and provided biweekly updates after the car shipped then applied the HVBJB software recall fix within a day after arrival. Top notch communication that proves dealerships can be valuable. This related dealership is a lot busier and doesn’t care.

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE AWD XR (Man 8/25/2022 Del 10/25/2022)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Fear not Mike, we just received notification that our vehicle has left Kansas City and is estimated to arrive in the Denver rail yard on Friday morning! Hopefully your vehicle is also on the way.
Did you ever get your ME? Mine is in Kansas now so will be a week or two more for sure.

ferris1369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler Rubicon, Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
No, unfortunately we still have not received our vehicle. I checked the tracing with Union Pacific today and according to their automated system the vehicle departed from Kansas this morning.

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ahh ok mine was in Kansas as well early this morning. Hopefully on the same outbound.

ferris1369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler Rubicon, Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Ahh ok mine was in Kansas as well early this morning. Hopefully on the same outbound.
According to my Ford chat customer service rep my vehicle arrived in Rolla, CO midday today. However, the service rep was giving an ETA of November 3-7 for it to arrive at the dealership. I verified the vehicles arrival with the Union Pacific automated trace. Hopefully your vehicle was on the same train!

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Of course the last delivery date window is already done and now...

" Due to unanticipated shipping delays, your 2022 Mustang Mach‑E Select is now expected to arrive at Future Ford of Concord between October 15, 2022 and October 21, 2022. Your dealer will contact you to arrange pickup details as soon as it’s ready for you. "

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
They have no clue. Told Nov 3 by ford corp and oct 25 by dealer

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine arrived over the weekend. Almost a full year wait (and yes I did downgrade from a GT PE).

Ford Mustang Mach-E 8/22/22 build week gang thread Photo Oct 07 2022, 4 38 09 PM

Stagekraft

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Just to close the loop on this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 8/22/22 build week gang thread Photo Oct 07 2022, 4 38 09 PM
Congrats! Waiting on the exact same car in Walnut Creek. I'm one build week behind you. In the middle of my window, and have a strong feeling it's not coming on time.

Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
Yeah, it seems that there's no rhyme or reason even to how shipping works. Things are definitely flowing more smoothly now than they were 3-4 weeks ago, but it seems like my car mostly sailed through MO, KS, and Richmond, bypassing cars that had been sitting at those places for weeks.

atpaks

First Name
AR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
@Stagekraft - Just got an update from Ford chat that my car was shipped from Argentine Ramp 6M and provided a BNSF railcar number. Hoping that yours and the other cars from KS headed to CA have shipped as well..

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
@Stagekraft - Just got an update from Ford chat that my car was shipped from Argentine Ramp 6M and provided a BNSF railcar number. Hoping that yours and the other cars from KS headed to CA have shipped as well..
Great news! As of yesterday mine was still sitting in KS.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
@LeWe reports theirs is
"moving now from Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS on railcar BNSF railcar TTGX696340 as of October 11.
Last time the railcar took approximately 3 days to reach Ramp 84, Richmond, CA once it departed. However, we may be loaded at different times so it may take a week or two from getting the railcar number. Let's pray for a speedy departure. "