Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Ext. Range - Infinite Blue
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
I finally have my Infinite Blue MME RWD EXT w/Light Space Gray Interior. I ordered at the end of June and the vehicle arrived a tad unexpectedly at my dealer yesterday morning. Last week the Ford Tracking website had changed to a 5/17 delivery so I lowered my expectations. I had stopped in to the dealer the week before, so they knew it was coming and hustled to get it prepped once it finally arrived. A sales lady I met during my first visit was just as excited for me to finally get my car as I was. She made it a lot of fun and I was glad she was there to assist me the rest of the way. She told me I could head in around 2:15pm (earlier than expected), and I was there on the dot.

Glass Roof Alignment - looks good to me. No variance from the driver's side to the passenger's. Rear looks good too.
Screen buzz - I'm in a bit of a sensory overload, but I do not hear anything noticeable. Maybe it will appear later. Side note - I immediately set both screens to Dark Mode FWIW.
Bounce - coming from my 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium I do noticed a slight bounce in the car. I was behind a BMW X1 on my morning commute today and it seemed to be bouncing slightly too... at similar spots in the road. I don't think this is going to be an issue for me or my passengers. The tires are over-inflated, so I will need to fix that when I get a chance. Maybe that makes a bit of a difference.
Color - It took me a second to love the Infinite Blue. It looked purple to me at first. But under different lighting, it changes and I love that.
Interior - this is the first MME I have sat in with Light Space Gray Interior. VERY glad I chose this. It really classes up the interior quite a bit IMHO. Very happy with my color combo choice. I had been nervous about this after waiting so long.

Ford Options on the website - I selected this as my financing option. As soon as I got the email from Ford saying my car was delivered to my dealer, I began the checkout process on the website. Ran through the credit check, trade-in estimate, incentives etc. all on the website. Smooth.

Ford Options at the dealer - the Ford website leads you to believe that your dealer is printing your paperwork and all you need to do is show up to sign and drive. That was not the case and I knew better. My dealer is Ricart Ford. They are a pretty large Ford dealer, at least here in Ohio. They have had a couple of other MME's come through but all were stock with the GM buying one of them. None were BTO and nobody had used Ford Options yet. Pretty typical and I knew to be a patient guinea pig.

When I pulled up I spotted my car prepped and ready so I began my walk-around. The finance manager happened to be headed back into the building and stopped to chat me up about the car. He asked if it was mine and I said yes. He intro'd himself and said he might be the one doing my paperwork. I said great and told him I was done online and I am doing Ford Options. He was vaguely familiar with it but ran inside to get to work and find a contact at Ford Motor Credit to work through it with him. It for sure took way longer than it should have. But I didn't mind. Plenty of people stopping to chat about the car while I waited. The woman from FMC was very helpful. The finance guy was really only slightly tripped up by 2 things ...while I was in his office anyway - the deposit (but that was cleared up by the woman on the phone from Ford Motor Credit) and the tags. They kept referring to it as a lease and wanted to put temp tags on it etc. I told him I was transferring my vanity plates and that the car will be titled in my name, not the bank. So as far the state of Ohio is concerned, it's my car and business as usual in regards to registration (other than the EV registration tax). He agreed after giving himself a second to think on it. He had me sign the transfer of ownership of my plates just in case. He said he would shred it once he confirms it's not needed. Be prepared to know way more about this stuff than you dealer for the foreseeable future.

Trade-In - I had a quote from Carvana ready just in case the dealer tried to short change me on the trade. The Ford check-out process provided an estimate for my trade-in that was only $300 less than Carvana. The dealer actually came in slightly more than Carvana. Their used car lot isn't as full as it normally looks to me. My trade had also gone up in value over the last 4-6 months by about $3K based on my Carvana quotes from last year. Nice surprise.

Overall, I am very pleased with the car, the dealer, and I can see where Ford is headed in terms of trying to replicate the Tesla experience of buying a car online. This forum helped set some expectations for taking delivery of the MME. So thank you to everyone who has contributed their experiences. Figured I would return the favor and outline my experience.

Now we drive.....

Ford Mustang Mach-E 9 Months and 1 Day Later.... IMG_2414.JPG
Sponsored

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Congrats on the new car!

For the most part it seems like the buying process went pretty smoothly. It's still amazing to me that dealerships are still having trouble with Options.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I finally have my Infinite Blue MME RWD EXT w/Light Space Gray Interior. I ordered at the end of June and the vehicle arrived a tad unexpectedly at my dealer yesterday morning. Last week the Ford Tracking website had changed to a 5/17 delivery so I lowered my expectations. I had stopped in to the dealer the week before, so they knew it was coming and hustled to get it prepped once it finally arrived. A sales lady I met during my first visit was just as excited for me to finally get my car as I was. She made it a lot of fun and I was glad she was there to assist me the rest of the way. She told me I could head in around 2:15pm (earlier than expected), and I was there on the dot.

Glass Roof Alignment - looks good to me. No variance from the driver's side to the passenger's. Rear looks good too.
Screen buzz - I'm in a bit of a sensory overload, but I do not hear anything noticeable. Maybe it will appear later. Side note - I immediately set both screens to Dark Mode FWIW.
Bounce - coming from my 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium I do noticed a slight bounce in the car. I was behind a BMW X1 on my morning commute today and it seemed to be bouncing slightly too... at similar spots in the road. I don't think this is going to be an issue for me or my passengers. The tires are over-inflated, so I will need to fix that when I get a chance. Maybe that makes a bit of a difference.
Color - It took me a second to love the Infinite Blue. It looked purple to me at first. But under different lighting, it changes and I love that.
Interior - this is the first MME I have sat in with Light Space Gray Interior. VERY glad I chose this. It really classes up the interior quite a bit IMHO. Very happy with my color combo choice. I had been nervous about this after waiting so long.

Ford Options on the website - I selected this as my financing option. As soon as I got the email from Ford saying my car was delivered to my dealer, I began the checkout process on the website. Ran through the credit check, trade-in estimate, incentives etc. all on the website. Smooth.

Ford Options at the dealer - the Ford website leads you to believe that your dealer is printing your paperwork and all you need to do is show up to sign and drive. That was not the case and I knew better. My dealer is Ricart Ford. They are a pretty large Ford dealer, at least here in Ohio. They have had a couple of other MME's come through but all were stock with the GM buying one of them. None were BTO and nobody had used Ford Options yet. Pretty typical and I knew to be a patient guinea pig.

When I pulled up I spotted my car prepped and ready so I began my walk-around. The finance manager happened to be headed back into the building and stopped to chat me up about the car. He asked if it was mine and I said yes. He intro'd himself and said he might be the one doing my paperwork. I said great and told him I was done online and I am doing Ford Options. He was vaguely familiar with it but ran inside to get to work and find a contact at Ford Motor Credit to work through it with him. It for sure took way longer than it should have. But I didn't mind. Plenty of people stopping to chat about the car while I waited. The woman from FMC was very helpful. The finance guy was really only slightly tripped up by 2 things ...while I was in his office anyway - the deposit (but that was cleared up by the woman on the phone from Ford Motor Credit) and the tags. They kept referring to it as a lease and wanted to put temp tags on it etc. I told him I was transferring my vanity plates and that the car will be titled in my name, not the bank. So as far the state of Ohio is concerned, it's my car and business as usual in regards to registration (other than the EV registration tax). He agreed after giving himself a second to think on it. He had me sign the transfer of ownership of my plates just in case. He said he would shred it once he confirms it's not needed. Be prepared to know way more about this stuff than you dealer for the foreseeable future.

Trade-In - I had a quote from Carvana ready just in case the dealer tried to short change me on the trade. The Ford check-out process provided an estimate for my trade-in that was only $300 less than Carvana. The dealer actually came in slightly more than Carvana. Their used car lot isn't as full as it normally looks to me. My trade had also gone up in value over the last 4-6 months by about $3K based on my Carvana quotes from last year. Nice surprise.

Overall, I am very pleased with the car, the dealer, and I can see where Ford is headed in terms of trying to replicate the Tesla experience of buying a car online. This forum helped set some expectations for taking delivery of the MME. So thank you to everyone who has contributed their experiences. Figured I would return the favor and outline my experience.

Now we drive.....

Beautiful. Wow, that definitely is a fancy dealer. Check out that garage! Mine barely has a parking lot.

OP
OP
Grux40

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Congrats on the new car!

For the most part it seems like the buying process went pretty smoothly. It's still amazing to me that dealerships are still having trouble with Options.
Agreed. However, I think this dealer has had 3 MME's before this one. All were sold to walk-in customers (or the GM) who likely had no idea Options was an option and they went with standard loan/lease terms. So my car was the first Options sale their finance department had seen. You would think some proactive training would have been a bigger focus coming from Ford regardless.

OP
OP
Grux40

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Beautiful. Wow, that definitely is a fancy dealer. Check out that garage! Mine barely has a parking lot.
That was at the mall. Charging a little bit while grabbing a bite with the family. ;-)

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
That was at the mall. Charging a little bit while grabbing a bite with the family. ;-)
Makes more sense. :)

Congrats on the car. That was a long time coming.
I've also got the light space gray interior. Brightens up the interior considerably.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So a few questions remain. Did they remember your deposit? Did it get added to your down payment or credit back to your CC? Did they remember the "options" rebate?

OP
OP
Grux40

Grux40

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
So a few questions remain. Did they remember your deposit? Did it get added to your down payment or credit back to your CC? Did they remember the "options" rebate?
Yes. They remembered the deposit and confirmed with the woman that he was speaking to on the phone that Ford would reimburse the dealer. So it was applied to my downpayment. No issue on my end. He did ask me to dig up a receipt if I was able. I havent looked for it yet.... 9 months is a long time.

Yes on the Options rebate too.

Last edited:

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Congrats! I just ordered mine yesterday. Talked to the dealer a little about the Ford Options plan and how it was different than a standard lease. He seemed a little confused on it as well. The question that Ford hasn't answered (but members here have, just nothing "official") is if you go the Ford Options route, can you overpay to reduce the balloon payment, or is the payment structure similar to a lease where you cannot overpay?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
if you go the Ford Options route, can you overpay to reduce the balloon payment, or is the payment structure similar to a lease where you cannot overpay?
If you overpay, the additional will go towards the total principal still owed.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
If you overpay, the additional will go towards the total principal still owed.
Trying to not hijack the thread, but do you have that from Ford Financial or can you point me to the place to find this in the financing documents? Thanks

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Trying to not hijack the thread, but do you have that from Ford Financial or can you point me to the place to find this in the financing documents? Thanks
The contract says there is no prepayment penalty. Any time you make a payment, it will go to interest due first and the remainder will go to principal. If your payment is more than is due, and the interest for the month has already been covered, there's nowhere else for your extra payment to be applied. That's how most loans work. Just because this loan happens to have a balloon at the end, doesn't change that.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
The contract says there is no prepayment penalty. Any time you make a payment, it will go to interest due first and the remainder will go to principal. If your payment is more than is due, and the interest for the month has already been covered, there's nowhere else for your extra payment to be applied. That's how most loans work. Just because this loan happens to have a balloon at the end, doesn't change that.
Thank you. I am very interested in the Options plan and want to be well versed in it prior to taking delivery of my MME. Dealer was clueless and felt that it would be treated like a lease instead of a balloon payment loan.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Glad you had a pretty good experience. I had a very similar experience with my dealer - everything went smoothly but the Ford Options part took longer than it should have. I think the fault lies more with Ford than the dealer, though. Hope you love your car.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

Now we drive.....

Welcome to the family.