Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a Nissan level 2 charging station in my garage that I used 10 years ago for my Nissan Leaf. I would like to use it for my Mach-E if I can. My question is: will I be able to automatically limit charging at home to 90% as recommended by Ford or would I have to constantly monitor the charge level and stop it at 90%? Could I do it automatically with the Ford charging station and the Ford Pass app? Thanks for any insights on this.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yup, its right on the display inside the car. Pick the % you want it to charge to.

OP
OP

jloss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the great info!

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have a Nissan level 2 charging station in my garage that I used 10 years ago for my Nissan Leaf. I would like to use it for my Mach-E if I can. My question is: will I be able to automatically limit charging at home to 90% as recommended by Ford or would I have to constantly monitor the charge level and stop it at 90%? Could I do it automatically with the Ford charging station and the Ford Pass app? Thanks for any insights on this.
I thought the Leaf used a ChadeMo plug. If so, you will need an adapter or a different EVSE, or just change the wiring a little and install a NEMA 14-50 outlet. There are several charging threads on this forum with lots of great wiring and charging info.

OP
OP

jloss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I thought the Leaf used a ChadeMo plug. If so, you will need an adapter or a different EVSE, or just change the wiring a little and install a NEMA 14-50 outlet. There are several charging threads on this forum with lots of great wiring and charging info.
The one I have is a J1772 type connector, so it should work fine.
The one I have is a J1772 connector, so it should work fine.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The one I have is a J1772 type connector, so it should work fine.
I have the same charger and still have a Leaf, it's the same connector. One can set and should to 90% MAX charge which is set from inside the car via the center touchscreen. It's documented in the manual as well and shown in a few videos on YT.

The connector that you see at some DC fast charging stations with the really large connector (AKA ChadeMo) will not natively work on the MME.

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Watch this video:

At 1:51 you'll see this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 90% Charging Level 1608209269424

Without the junky red highlight.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
have to constantly monitor the charge level and stop it at 90%? Could I do it automatically with the Ford charging stati
Yes, and you don’t need the Ford charging station to do it.

And that can be done either on 120V, 240V or charge station, right?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag