A 941 MILES EPIC ROAD TRIP ON A MACH-E ???

• Thread starter Deleted member 3569
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 3569

Since I got delivery from Lilliston Ford, Vinelad NJ, an Infinite Mach e Premium RWD 68kwH battery on May 25 '21 I put an astounding 941 miles, I went to the hills of Blakeslee in PA, on to the Portland ME, then to the mountains of Bethel in ME, then back to NJ, drove to Amtrak's AutoTrain station in Lorton VA, and now I am in Windermere FL after three weeks of maddening trip. My Mach-e worked flawlessly throughout, did all the specified tasks as enumerated in the sales brochure without a hitch. Activated my FordPass, initially it was sort of unstable but I ironed it out once I was in an environment rich whereas I had strong 5G network and Wi-Fi signals. All I had was the L1 charger nothing else in ME where there was NO Electrify America dcFast chargers !!! ... but was able to locate Electrify America's whopping 350 kwH chargers in East Stroudsburg, and the remaining 150 kwH chargers in Northern NJ, DE & MD. Once I became confident, range anxiety was not a factor. The estimated range is about 15-20% underestimated, i.e. if you see a range of 175 miles probably you will get close to 190 miles. The PAAK never crapped out, so I strictly use my iPhone 12 instead of the key FOB.

In conclusion, even though I got only a 68 kwH battery, charging time was never more than 20-30 minutes up to 80% SOC regardless how you have depleted it. Of course the 350 kwH chargers are really fast. The main issue is that once you are over 80% SOC, then no matter what size dcFast charger you got, it drops down to agonizing 10-15 kW... nevertheless the Mach-e is an awesome road cruizer !!!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
It's great to hear no issues. Especially PAAK working. Do we have a thread of which phones are working with MME and the ones that don't .

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

It's great to hear no issues. Especially PAAK working. Do we have a thread of which phones are working with MME and the ones that don't .
At beginning, the sales man was not too swift, but I figured it out by reading different threads that the PAAK is based on Bluetooth LE. My phone is iPhone12... before I configured it, I literally closed every single app, did a power down, fully charged the battery. As far as the vehicle is concerned I made sure that it was under skies, not inside garage. Contrary to different opinions expressed, this is not based at all on 4G/5G wireless network or any high speed WI-FI. What was more astounding was that once I activated the "connected services" I clicked on Plug & Charge ... and voilá - all I had to do was to plug into any Electrify America and started using the free 250 kWH .... but if you depleted that then you will not enjoy the members lower rate unless you use exclusively the EA's app.
Sponsored