Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nothing earth shattering:

BLUE CRUISE
Got it installed during scheduled service. when I engage it, it will work as advertised for some miles, and then, for no apparent reason, it reverts back to hands-on status. No sooner do I grab the wheel, the Blue Cruise re engages only to repeat this cycle five miles later. Normal?

ELECTRIFY AMERICA FREE?
Took a trip to San Diego this week and topped off twice at a local EA charger. All went well, but the charger never charged me either time. I’m well past the Ford Freebee period. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
1) BlueCruise - depends. There are designated BC roads - think most major divided highways and interstates with limited access. If you’re on a solid stretch of fairly straight interstate, it should stay engaged. There are things that it will disengage for, like, speed over 80, tight turns, areas where limited access goes away, bad visibility for the camera or a turn signal for lane change. On a sunny day in the afternoon on I-75 say, it should stay on and not constantly drop off.

2) EA is undergoing some network updates apparently. The charging has been free for a week or so (unannounced.) Don’t know how long that will last.

OP
OP
blkadr08

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1) BlueCruise - depends. There are designated BC roads - think most major divided highways and interstates with limited access. If you’re on a solid stretch of fairly straight interstate, it should stay engaged. There are things that it will disengage for, like, speed over 80, tight turns, areas where limited access goes away, bad visibility for the camera or a turn signal for lane change. On a sunny day in the afternoon on I-75 say, it should stay on and not constantly drop off.

2) EA is undergoing some network updates apparently. The charging has been free for a week or so (unannounced.) Don’t know how long that will last.
Perfect. Thanks so much. Many of the cancellations have occurred on tight curves and at 80 MPH.
Sponsored