a little wind noise at 80 mph

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
While doing 80 on interstate I have noticed a little wind noise coming from the driver side door top edge. Weather stripe seems sits in place well. Don't know if it's normal, anyone experiences that?
It wasn't windy out there and it happens every time when I go that fast.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
My GTPE definitely gets noticeable noise around 45mph and really bad, drive me crazy, at 60mph. I get it from the drivers side door top as well. It is the whole area, not just like a pinprick point of intrusion, at least to my ear.

I do have the Ford windshield weather seal from the TSB that did absolutely nothing. My pano roof and windshield seals seem to be fine. The passenger door on the driver's side does seem to have a fairly wide gap, but the dealer said the seal is still hitting properly when closed, so it can't be from that. All I can think is that the pano roof isn't sitting properly or the seal looks good but is not.

My Premium 2021 was crazy quiet and just a hair of wind noise above 60mph. It is really irking me and I wish I could find a solution. I've thought it could just be sound from the tires, since these are Pirelli summer tires vs the all seasons on the Premium, but it really sounds like wind noise more than tire noise.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
While doing 80 on interstate I have noticed a little wind noise coming from the driver side door top edge. Weather stripe seems sits in place well. Don't know if it's normal, anyone experiences that?
Hi there! I can look into your Mach-E's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mach-E's VIN?

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That happens on my wife's 2016 Escape. Kind of like an occasional low pitched whistle from the passenger side window at higher speeds. On the MME I've noticed very little if any noise. Let me know if you are able to figure it out so I can fix my wife's car as well! :)

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Hi there! I can look into your Mach-E's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mach-E's VIN?
I also notice this excess wind noise at over 55 mph up to .. well lets just say the speed limit. It is as the other described. Driver side around the front of the door / windshield.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
My 22 has wind noise from driver's window at highway speed. My 21 premium didn't. Not sure whether due to the glass downgrade (21 was double layered).

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 22 has wind noise from driver's window at highway speed. My 21 premium didn't. Not sure whether due to the glass downgrade (21 was double layered).
I don't think so, my GTPE is a Job 2 2021 and still has the acoustic glass, so it has to be something else.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Serious question — what car is out there at all that doesn’t have wind noise, especially at 80? Every car I’ve ever owned, including the Mach-E, has wind noise at highway speeds.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yeah I hear the same wind noise coming from the driver’s side door at 70 MPH or higher.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
Serious question — what car is out there at all that doesn’t have wind noise, especially at 80? Every car I’ve ever owned, including the Mach-E, has wind noise at highway speeds.
Believe all people having the complaint know it's different from normal highway wind noise.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I get a pretty good humming above 75 with a crosswind. It’s pretty noticeable - kind of like an intermittent kazoo sound. It’s not just wind whistling. There’s definitely some sort of harmonic vibration triggered by the speed and wind direction. It doesn’t happen all that often so I just haven’t tried to fiddle with it or take it to the dealer.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When I first got my Mach-E, I noticed the same thing. But I quickly forgot about it. I don't think you actually have a problem from the driver's side door top edge. I think what is going on is that since there is no engine, the vehicle sounds quieter at speed than it otherwise would, and so you notice these things a little more on something like the Mach-E.

Having said that, some people have had issues with excess noise from their panoramic roofs, so consider if you might be really experiencing that. I think this was more for early builds though, haven't heard about it recently.

Anyway, if you really want to hear unusual wind noise for a car, take it up to 90, 100, and see what that sounds like. At that speed, any ICE car will be having the engine making at least a fair amount of noise, masking other things. The Mach-E, having no engine, you really notice the wind noise coming from all windows at that speed.

sdespain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
same for me. My Premium 21 was very quiet, have wind noise on my 22 starting at about 50. Drives me nuts.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
same for me. My Premium 21 was very quiet, have wind noise on my 22 starting at about 50. Drives me nuts.
The 2022 Premiums had the acoustic glass removed from the front side windows, might that be making a difference?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The 2022 Premiums had the acoustic glass removed from the front side windows, might that be making a difference?
See my post above, I had a 2021 Job 1 Premium and now a 2021 Job 2 GTPE and the wind noise is way, way worse in the GTPE compared to the Premium, both have the acoustic glass. Seems to be something different with the pano roof, maybe? After the whole recall fiasco, maybe they did something different than just a different adhesive?
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK