s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
From what I got from the legislator companies can not charge a per minute basis for charging car since that is not a recognized method of measurement. Now they can charge a wait time, initial start fee, and something else but can not charge a per minute while charging unless you are fully charged then you get charged per minute for holding up the charging space when not needed

MNAce

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Thanks for the link, @Sweetwater. So much great info on one page.

One discrepancy from the public Ford web site... The Select is shown with options for SR or ER batteries. I wonder if Ford will be updating the site shortly to show all these extra details and the final options packages.

MNAce

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I noticed that too and am intrigued. Would be great to get the ER without having to upgrade to premium trim.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I would think if a dealer is listing this then it might be correct cause this might be a dealer only spec sheet. Ford will probably release that info later but if the select base model has extended range I might jump on that on. As the others are a bit over my price range so if the base has bigger battery would choose that one instead.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would think if a dealer is listing this then it might be correct cause this might be a dealer only spec sheet. Ford will probably release that info later but if the select base model has extended range I might jump on that on. As the others are a bit over my price range so if the base has bigger battery would choose that one instead.
Or their web guy screwed up, which is more likely

MNAce

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
So... I will have to go... creepy creepy... less than 1 mph... and the pedestrian feels a set of eyes on their back.

They turn around {INSERT INTENSE DRAMATIC MUSIC HERE}

There I am looking at them over the hood of my newly polished and waxed Tuxedo Black Mach-E!

MUAH MUAH HAHAHAHAHA

Too funny! In all seriousness, I hope thereā€™s a way to enable the top performance mode without piping in the fake ā€˜engineā€™ noise. I know they worked hard on that feature, and perhaps hearing will equal believing, but the idea strikes me as tacky.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
i want a quiet car.

part of the beauty of an electric drivetrain, for me, is greater chance to have a quiet car.

in fact, i hope the mach-eā€™s wind and road noise is quieter than in teslas. hopefully greater experience with door seals, insulation, etc will help. or how about some airpod pro-like noise cancellation tech using the carā€™s mic and speakers?

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Too funny! In all seriousness, I hope thereā€™s a way to enable the top performance mode without piping in the fake ā€˜engineā€™ noise. I know they worked hard on that feature, and perhaps hearing will equal believing, but the idea strikes me as tacky.
Information posted elsewhere has said the interior noise can be turned off. The exterior wouldn't be due to regulations.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
i want a quiet car.

part of the beauty of an electric drivetrain, for me, is greater chance to have a quiet car.

in fact, i hope the mach-eā€™s wind and road noise is quieter than in teslas. hopefully greater experience with door seals, insulation, etc will help. or how about some airpod pro-like noise cancellation tech using the carā€™s mic and speakers?
The premium trim will have the SoundScreen acoustic glass for the windshield and front windows. Iā€™m not sure about the other trims.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My 2015 Lincoln has noise cancelling piped thru the vehicle speakers and it works pretty well. I can't see any reason a 2021 Mach E couldn't have the same technology. Probably too late, but .... are you listening Ford? The one "noise" that needs a bit more work on the Lincoln is tire noise. Tire noise can vary quite widely between brands.
Sponsored