Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
I wonder if the Appearance Package will be inexpensive or should I just upgrade to a Premium version. If the package is around 3K then I'll stick with the Select.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if the Appearance Package will be inexpensive or should I just upgrade to a Premium version. If the package is around 3K then I'll stick with the Select.
I hope it's cheaper than that. Otherwise it's not worth getting select and adding to it. The heated seats, 360 cameraa, autopark, etc along with appearance pkg would be worth just getting the premium for an extra few grand

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
Very nice and complete update by Ford on the MaCH e - except they conveniently sidesteped the cost of "supercharging" on-the-road charging. My Tesla costs $0.28 per kWh in CA. If the e-Mustang is over $0.30 per kWh, I walk. Simple as that. I refuse to pay about $60K for an automobile that requires the equivilant of about $8 per gal gasoline. Think about it - it wouldn't take too many years for a Bentely to amortize less expensive than a $60K EV consuming even medium amounts of $0.45 - $0.8 electricity.
This really only matters if you don't have a way to charge at home OR consistently take your car on road trips longer than it's range.

That's likely a very very small percentage of potential buyers. Me personally I might need to use "superchargers" 2-3 times a year at most. So 100 bucks difference in a year isn't a big deal.

Also they don't set the prices like Tesla's does and there are multiple options so I'm not sure why they would mention third party pricing in there advertising

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
yeah i noticed the wiper activated headlamps too.

after some googling, it looks to comply with a possible ca law that will mandate the headlights come on when the car senses rain or the wipers go on to help reduce accidents in bad weather
In PA too it's the law to have lights on with the wipers.
So it may have been just an easy feature to add in the software as the lights/wiper laws spread.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Lights projected onto the ground outside the driver's side door when getting in out? How cool! Never heard of that one before.

That's an impressive page of features. And well presented. Very enticing for the "Average Joe" customer.
Yes, it is very cool, got it on our Highlander Hybrid a couple of years ago. Highlander shows it on passenger side also.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
In most of our last few Fords the lights on with wipers has been a setting you can turn on/off (I think that setting is even in the Bolt).

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately, Electrify America is not doing all of that. Shows charge fee, standby fee, grace periods, but shows $0.69 per minute charging regardless of actual KWH taken aboard. Friday, I paid almost $16 for under 15 kWh. Ouch.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Very nice and complete update by Ford on the MaCH e - except they conveniently sidesteped the cost of "supercharging" on-the-road charging. My Tesla costs $0.28 per kWh in CA. If the e-Mustang is over $0.30 per kWh, I walk. Simple as that. I refuse to pay about $60K for an automobile that requires the equivilant of about $8 per gal gasoline. Think about it - it wouldn't take too many years for a Bentely to amortize less expensive than a $60K EV consuming even medium amounts of $0.45 - $0.8 electricity.
If you can manage 3.5 miles per kW that would be 285Wh/mile. 25 miles range (roughly the mpg of many ICE vehicles) would require 7 kW. 30 cents per kWh would ‘only’ be $2.10

OP
OP
Sweetwater

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I started this thread to understand all the great things of the Mach 3.
What we like or dislike about it. We could really explain to each other
all the details to expect. There is so much we can learn from each other.
I enjoy all your input. Let's stay on track.
That being said: START a new thread about your damn KW prices.
A least people will know where to look for that information.?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I started this thread to understand all the great things of the Mach 3.
What we like or dislike about it. We could really explain to each other
all the details to expect. There is so much we can learn from each other.
I enjoy all your input. Let's stay on track.
That being said: START a new thread about your damn KW prices.
A least people will know where to look for that information.?
Yes, please.

back to our program: I am getting the select edition, so seeing the appearance package with black roof and different wheels is intriguing. I really liked the black painted roof on car that was at Ford hq a month ago, but looking at the "upgraded" aero wheels I am not so sure about them. I really hate the Tonka truck covers that tesla provides with the 3, but then the wheels look pretty good without the covers on. I wonder how the mach e would look with Ford aero covers off?

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Well a couple of things from this thread:
@timbop I too wonder what is under the Ford aero covers too, however, I love the M3's wheels under the aero covers but I bet Ford just has a set of steelies (steel wheels) under them.
- I am a sucker for little trick things like lights/wipers settings
- and puddle lights for entry with Mustangs showing. My 2012 was one model year too early to get those when they came out in 2013.

- what are the chances they'll eventually OTA Update the Mach-E with the Geo-Tracking (whatever the term is called) where once you "pin" a GPS location the car can start opening your garage doors and things as you arrive at a certain point?
I know the Model S has that feature to also raise and lower the car at designated pin points for people with steep driveways. Does the 3 have that?
I didn't miss where this was a feature already, did I?
Sponsored