TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So far, it looks like the HomeLink buttons are on the visor instead of in the touch screen. I'm expecting we'll not get the automatic door open/close, but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.
And voice control. "Hey Ford, open the garage door" would be cool, instead of taking your eyes off the road to look up and find the Homelink button. On a residential street with cars parked and kids playing, it would be nice not to momentarily take eyes off the street.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
And voice control. "Hey Ford, open the garage door" would be cool, instead of taking your eyes off the road to look up and find the Homelink button. On a residential street with cars parked and kids playing, it would be nice not to momentarily take eyes off the street.
Or you could press it once you enter your driveway ...

All said, I can press my homelink button in my SHO without looking. It's second nature now even though it's on the visor.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

All said, I can press my homelink button in my SHO without looking. It's second nature now even though it's on the visor.
Agreed. This is one of those cases where having the dedicated buttons is nice.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Agreed. This is one of those cases where having the dedicated buttons is nice.
I disagree with having a dedicated button. If the Mach-E is supposed to be the best of Ford's high tech and Ford is using human centered design then opening the garage door should be a set and forget function. I'll do a one time set up and then when I'm XX feet from my house the garage should open automatically.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I disagree with having a dedicated button. If the Mach-E is supposed to be the best of Ford's high tech and Ford is using human centered design then opening the garage door should be a set and forget function. I'll do a one time set up and then when I'm XX feet from my house the garage should open automatically.
Ok yes, certainly. :) But if they don't manage to automate this, I don't want to dig through a touch screen to open or close the garage door.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

True. I just like to time it better where I can just roll into the garage without full stop. I also have 2 garage doors with 2 buttons so I have to look up.

But yeah, 1st world problems to be sure. ;)

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
True. I just like to time it better where I can just roll into the garage without full stop. I also have 2 garage doors with 2 buttons so I have to look up.

But yeah, 1st world problems to be sure. ;)
I'd bet in under a week you could press the correct button without looking. That's the beauty of tactile feedback.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not a fan of these "automatically open" type things IMO. Like I'm going to instantly turn off the open on approach function of the car door. Too many opportunities to leave something open by accident.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Odd that they wouldn't include ground clearance in an extensive table like that...
See Exterior Dimensions / Ride height
5.7" on all but the GT, which is 5.3"

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
With regard to the auto garage door opening I think we are moving from "first world problems" to "pampered people on reality tv show problems" :) . If the worst part of your day is having to momentarily stop on your driveway to press a button and wait for the garage door to open itself...

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
With regard to the auto garage door opening I think we are moving from "first world problems" to "pampered people on reality tv show problems" :) . If the worst part of your day is having to momentarily stop on your driveway to press a button and wait for the garage door to open itself...
The struggle is real.

OP
OP
Sweetwater

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag