Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
New to the forum and a current owner of a Tesla Model S coming up on 3 years of ownership later this year.

I put a deposit down on the Premium LR model with RWD. My Model S is also a RWD model and because of the low center of gravity, I am far less concerned about traction that I typically would be for a RWD vehicle. It's a bit weird 'ordering' a car without having seen it in person, let alone not having taken a test drive. But I guess that applies to almost everyone here too.

As I understand it, according to the dealer I listed in the reservation request, you can get a refund right up to the day your car is delivered. If you test drive that car and you're not happy, you can cancel the deal. He said there will many happy reservation holders waiting for your car anyway.

My biggest concerns are:
* How firm is the ride. I'm not a big fan of a stiff ride and that's which has kept me from away from a Model 3/Y...as well as the spartan interior
* Hopefully the interior is more rattle-free than my S. That's my biggest complaint with my Tesla. We had a Fusion PHEV and that was pretty rattle-free, so hopefully that will carry over to the Mach E.
* Charging availability. I don't anticipate many trips beyond the range of the car, and we do have a hybrid for long trips if necessary, but still I'd like to be able to use the Mustang fairly easily if we wanted.
* I ordered the car with the 'gray' interior, but almost all pix I've seen make the interior look white. Does anyone know if it's truly gray or is it more white? I ordered the white exterior.
* Has anyone changed their configuration once you've submitted the reservation. I assume that's doable.

I think any of you that haven't driven an all electric car is in for a treat. It's tough to go back to conventional powertrains once you've gone electric! :)
Sponsored

Mach Dad

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
New to the forum and a current owner of a Tesla Model S coming up on 3 years of ownership later this year.

I put a deposit down on the Premium LR model with RWD. My Model S is also a RWD model and because of the low center of gravity, I am far less concerned about traction that I typically would be for a RWD vehicle. It's a bit weird 'ordering' a car without having seen it in person, let alone not having taken a test drive. But I guess that applies to almost everyone here too.

As I understand it, according to the dealer I listed in the reservation request, you can get a refund right up to the day your car is delivered. If you test drive that car and you're not happy, you can cancel the deal. He said there will many happy reservation holders waiting for your car anyway.

My biggest concerns are:
* How firm is the ride. I'm not a big fan of a stiff ride and that's which has kept me from away from a Model 3/Y...as well as the spartan interior
* Hopefully the interior is more rattle-free than my S. That's my biggest complaint with my Tesla. We had a Fusion PHEV and that was pretty rattle-free, so hopefully that will carry over to the Mach E.
* Charging availability. I don't anticipate many trips beyond the range of the car, and we do have a hybrid for long trips if necessary, but still I'd like to be able to use the Mustang fairly easily if we wanted.
* I ordered the car with the 'gray' interior, but almost all pix I've seen make the interior look white. Does anyone know if it's truly gray or is it more white? I ordered the white exterior.
* Has anyone changed their configuration once you've submitted the reservation. I assume that's doable.

I think any of you that haven't driven an all electric car is in for a treat. It's tough to go back to conventional powertrains once you've gone electric! :)
Welcome to the board. No one really has driven the car so I dont think anyone can answer that question minus Ford employees.

The light interior looked close to white when I saw it in Chicago. Maybe a very light gray. They didnt open the doors to get a great view.

You cant modify your reservation, but when you get to order the vehicle you can make changes. What you can change seems to change depending on where I read about it.