A product that's (maybe) not that necessary, but......A Dashboard Flannel Cover Mat

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
This looks interesting!

Bonus, I can mouse around while driving!

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Bought one. It arrived today. I installed it during the 1 mile drive home from the mailbox. Fits perfect. Necessary? No probably not, but I have it anyway. :)
;) Thank you for your long-time support!!

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I worked at Kragen's Auto Parts throughout college and I remember when DashMat (brand) was all the craze. I sold dozens of these. The sun always seemed to destroy the plastics on the dashes from cars in the 70's and 80's. I even bought some for my dad's cars.

The product looks like a nice dash-cover. @AOSK Keep up the good work of providing accessories for the MME . I will pass on this one but hope to see something new that is something I have to have.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I worked at Kragen's Auto Parts throughout college and I remember when DashMat (brand) was all the craze. I sold dozens of these. The sun always seemed to destroy the plastics on the dashes from cars in the 70's and 80's. I even bought some for my dad's cars.

The product looks like a nice dash-cover. @AOSK Keep up the good work of providing accessories for the MME . I will pass on this one but hope to see something new that is something I have to have.
Hi!

wow, thank you for sharing this with us.
yes, a dash mat seems like a product that people use less these days. but some owners still would like to have them on the car. our goal is always to fulfill all kinds of owner demand if we are capable.

thank you for the support on us!

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
AOSK by BestEvMod Dashboard Flannel Cover Mat

It helps reduce glare if you have this issue.
So my cover arrived today and I was really hoping that I would like it (because glare is definitely an issue), but sadly, it's too small! While it would do the job for blocking the worst of the glare, the installation doesn't look great since it's too short.

If I install it so it's flush on the driver's side and doesn't block the defrost vent...
Ford Mustang Mach-E A product that's (maybe) not that necessary, but......A Dashboard Flannel Cover Mat IMG_6177

then it's about in inch short on the right,
Ford Mustang Mach-E A product that's (maybe) not that necessary, but......A Dashboard Flannel Cover Mat IMG_6178

and it also blocks about an inch of the defrost vent. Since it's presumably die-cut, it's hard to imagine this was a
Ford Mustang Mach-E A product that's (maybe) not that necessary, but......A Dashboard Flannel Cover Mat IMG_6179

I also don't like the way to slops over the center speaker. It should be shaped to fit that indent.

Zac, I'm sorry to say I'll be returning this. Since it's presumably die-cut, it's hard to imagine this was a manufacturing defect, but if it is, let me know and I'll order a replacement. Thanks.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
So my cover arrived today and I was really hoping that I would like it (because glare is definitely an issue), but sadly, it's too small! While it would do the job for blocking the worst of the glare, the installation doesn't look great since it's too short.

If I install it so it's flush on the driver's side and doesn't block the defrost vent...
Ford Mustang Mach-E A product that's (maybe) not that necessary, but......A Dashboard Flannel Cover Mat IMG_6179

then it's about in inch short on the right,

and it also blocks about an inch of the defrost vent. Since it's presumably die-cut, it's hard to imagine this was a

I also don't like the way to slops over the center speaker. It should be shaped to fit that indent.

Zac, I'm sorry to say I'll be returning this. Since it's presumably die-cut, it's hard to imagine this was a manufacturing defect, but if it is, let me know and I'll order a replacement. Thanks.
Hi dear Owner,

Could you show me a full picture of this product installed? it makes a pretty tight fit on the CN version we have. Seems like the design of the dashboard has slight different between US and CN version base on your pic.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Hi dear Owner,

Could you show me a full picture of this product installed? it makes a pretty tight fit on the CN version we have. Seems like the design of the dashboard has slight different between US and CN version base on your pic.
Hi Zac,

Here it is on my dash with it fitting correctly on the driver side, and too short on the passenger side. Note how the flap on the right that's supposed to go around the base of the A pillar is in fact pushed out of alignment because the cover is too short. Also note that the speaker opening is not centered on the sun-sensor, though I'll admit that I didn't measure to see if the sun sensor is actually exactly in the middle of the dash.

Ford Mustang Mach-E A product that's (maybe) not that necessary, but......A Dashboard Flannel Cover Mat IMG_6210

Also note that the shape of the center area that extends behind the center display is not symmetrical. Perhaps the cover I was sent has a manufacturing defect?
Ford Mustang Mach-E A product that's (maybe) not that necessary, but......A Dashboard Flannel Cover Mat IMG_6211

I'll hold off returning in case you'd like me to make any additional photos or measurements.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Hi Zac,

Here it is on my dash with it fitting correctly on the driver side, and too short on the passenger side. Note how the flap on the right that's supposed to go around the base of the A pillar is in fact pushed out of alignment because the cover is too short. Also note that the speaker opening is not centered on the sun-sensor, though I'll admit that I didn't measure to see if the sun sensor is actually exactly in the middle of the dash.

Ford Mustang Mach-E A product that's (maybe) not that necessary, but......A Dashboard Flannel Cover Mat IMG_6211

Also note that the shape of the center area that extends behind the center display is not symmetrical. Perhaps the cover I was sent has a manufacturing defect?

I'll hold off returning in case you'd like me to make any additional photos or measurements.
Hi Thank you John, I will bring these to the team and see what we could do about this.
it seems like the design of the US dash is bit different from the CN version(we didnt expect even the dash has some different)
thank you for the info.