A Tesla Owner Walks Into The Mach-E Forum...

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Hi all!

Glad to join the forum today.

And yes, I own both a 2018 LR RWD Model 3 and a 2020 LR AWD Model Y.

So why join this forum? Simple, I'm an EV enthusiast FIRST, a Tesla owner SECOND.

I hope Ford and this community of current and future Mach-E owners all the best and maybe some suggestions from over 7 years experience driving a number of EVs and PHEVs, including the 2012 Chevy Volt, 2015 Nissan Leaf, and of course my two Teslas.

We'll need all the existing manufacturers to succeed in order to fulfill Tesla's "Massive Transformative Purpose": Accelerate the transition to sustainable transportation

Looking forward to supporting other EV drivers and also answering any Tesla questions.
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Welcome. You might see some Tesla criticism here, but in the end most are very much of the attitude 'any EV is a good EV'.

Personally love Tesla. Elon has fallen a little in my eyes but his companies are pretty fantastic. My hope for Tesla is that they put real emphasis into quality control this year. I had both a 3 and a Y come in that had such terrible fit and finish issues I cancelled, which brought me to the MachE.

But again, love Tesla and everything they have brought about to EVs.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hi all!

So why join this forum? Simple, I'm an EV enthusiast FIRST, a Tesla owner SECOND.

I hope Ford and this community of current and future Mach-E owners all the best and maybe some suggestions from over 7 years experience driving a number of EVs and PHEVs, including the 2012 Chevy Volt, 2015 Nissan Leaf, and of course my two Teslas.

We'll need all the existing manufacturers to succeed in order to fulfill Tesla's "Massive Transformative Purpose": Accelerate the transition to sustainable transportation

Looking forward to supporting other EV drivers and also answering any Tesla questions.
welcome!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Welcome. No Teslas here but a 2016 Nissan Leaf. I considered Tesla but the Model 3 didn't have a hatch and but the time the Y came out I was not very enamored with Tesla or Musk. I also didn't want to spend the kind of money required for an X. The Mach E came along at a great time!

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Welcome. I also have a 2018 Tesla LR RWD that will be joined in the near future by the Mach-E. I am replacing an ICE Ford with an BEV Ford so keeping a mixed company garage, just all electric. I really enjoy the Tesla and expect the same with Mach-E. I am a fan of Tesla (but not annoying fanboy) and fan of Ford, but most a fan of electric vehicles.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Hi all!

Would love to hear your impressions on the Model Y fit and finish. What was your experience?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Welcome.
I also own two non-ford BEV's.

OP
OP
littlD

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would love to hear your impressions on the Model Y fit and finish. What was your experience?
Mine was an early July build (VIN 23xxx).

Cosmetic issues upon delivery:

1. Right rear door was slightly misaligned
2. Passenger door was mounted a little tight and required a little more effort to close
3. Right rear taillight was misaligned
4. Frunk seal was loose
5. Right rear wheel well trim had more of a gap than left
6. Windshield wipers needed realignment

We have a great service center (Chesterfield MO) and they took care of all my concerns in one visit. While I only have 4000 miles on it (I have 55,910 on my Model 3 with roadtrips to Yellowstone, Florida, NC, IN, TN, KS), it's been very reliable.

As for the interior fit and finish, it's very good. I'm a huge fan of the large touch screen and enjoy watching YouTubeTV on it while I'm parked waiting to pickup my wife.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
Welcome to the family! Nice choice with the Tesla Model 3. That's my personal favorite when it comes to Teslas. How's the range for both your Model 3 and your Model Y?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Hi all!

Welcome. A lot of us here are EV enthusiasts too, and are glad for what Tesla did to launch EV’s like no one else. (Fusion Energi here) and if you see criticism of Tesla it’s because we think they should be BETTER.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Hi all!

Welcome, fellow midwesterner!

I believe that without Tesla's risk-taking and Musk's bravado, we wouldn't be here (anxiously awaiting delivery of an EV from a legacy automobile manufacturer). I've always been a techie (some say "nerd") and a car-guy, and I'm also very enthusiastic about the future of EV transportation.

smart185

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Occupation
retraité
Country flag
Ce matin, 17 janvier 2021, dans le journal de Montréal, il est question de la subvention de $ 8,000.00 offert par le gouvernement provincial.
Comme Tesla s'est plaint de cette subvention et a introduit une Tasla modèle Y avec un mode de traction (au lieu du AWD offert précédemment) et qui se vend sous les $ 60,000.00.
Alors, selon Mme Valérie Savard, représentante du ministère des Énergies et des Ressources Naturelles du Québec, le crédit n'a jamais été applicable sur la version PREMIUM à 4 roues motrices de la Mustang Mach E. La représentante du ministère affirme plutôt qu'il s'agit d'une mauvaise interprétation de la part des gens de Ford.
Elle ajoute qu'elle doit faire ces clarifications et cette décision est «sans appel».
Il y aurait une solution facile pour le constructeur, c'est de diminuer le prix du modèle Premium de $ 2,245.00 afin qu'il soit éligible au crédit gouvernemental.

This morning, in the «Journal de Montréal», the $ 8,000.00 credit from the Provincial government will not be available for the Mustang Mach E Premium AWD. It will only be available on the Select model and the Premium RWD model.
This is the result of a complaint by the Tesla company who will intrduce a 2 wheel drive version of the model Y. The 2 wd model Y will be sold in Quebec at $ 56,290. a $ 20,658 rebate from the model Y AWD, long range battery.
Miss Valérie Savard, from the ministry «Énergies et Ressources Naturelles du Québec», said that it is a misunderstood from Ford who is considering the AWD option as an option compare to a complete different model.
A rebate of $ 2,245 should be an option for Ford to bring the Mustang Mach E Premium AWD version eligible for the credit.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Welcome aboard. I was seriously thinking of going Tesla in 2019 but reading owner reports on the Tesla forums about chronic QC issues and the service center experience turned me away. Now the CCS charging network needs to expand where I am headed before I jump.

OP
OP
littlD

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome to the family! Nice choice with the Tesla Model 3. That's my personal favorite when it comes to Teslas. How's the range for both your Model 3 and your Model Y?
Attached
Ford Mustang Mach-E A Tesla Owner Walks Into The Mach-E Forum... PXL_20210117_190905688
Ford Mustang Mach-E A Tesla Owner Walks Into The Mach-E Forum... PXL_20210117_190944266