dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Ehh....still a d*ck move. I've pulled into empty EAs before and had a queue waiting to charge before I left. I've also pulled into several EAs that only had 1-2 chargers working.
I must be missing something here...

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
So Iā€™m at work charging, and I got an unplugged notification. šŸ¤Ø I was barely charging for an hour and was at 55% when it happened. I look out and see that some jerk in a Model 3 parked next to me and stole my charger! šŸ˜” I was busy so I couldnā€™t get out there right away, I ended up letting him have it for a couple hours. But then I went out and stole it back. No note or anything.

Mind you, itā€™s only about 7 miles to the nearest Supercharger. If he was desperate, he would only need to charge for 20 minutes to get there. But I figure he ended up with 40+ miles added and was still parked there hours later. To me what happened comes across as a total entitled jerk move. Is it just me, or does it seem like Tesla drivers are the worst?

There are only a few chargers at work and they are often full, itā€™s rare I get a chance to use them anymore. They are free, which leads to these kind of problems. There are PHEVs that frequently hog the charging spots all day even though theyā€™re done charging by 11AM, outsiders that park their cars at the chargers after the buildings are closed, and now weā€™ve moved on to unplugging incidents. Iā€™ve about had it with free charging and all the bullshit that comes with it. Weā€™re past the days of free charging being a good thing.

Now the funny thing is I was talking about this video with friends just this morning:

Ignore all the BS in the comments, seems clear to me the Tesla probably stole the Voltā€™s charger from two spots down rather than using the one on the wall behind him for his spot. And after stealing the charger, he was audacious enough to put a lock ring on it so nobody could steal it back. I feel like the Tesla probably stole that charger more than once for Volt guy to get that angry. You better believe I was feeling a bit like Volt guy this morning when I stole my charger back. It was so ironic it happened to me right after seeing that video.

I think most of you guys are pretty sensible and would never do what Mr. Tesla did to me. I would never unplug someone actively charging unless I was extremely desperate, but I would leave a note. I would only charge as long as I had to before giving it back. Hope he sees my stink eye on his camera footage when I took it backā€¦

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2017 GT350
Occupation
Pharmacy Software Development
Country flag
I pulled into a hospital parking lot yesterday that had 2 BLNK chargers, one was available and fortunately I was able to charge for a little bit. I noticed a Model S occupying the other BLNK space just sitting there unplugged. Walgreens across the street has 2 Volta chargers that are free for but shut off after 45 minutes. You could probably unplug and plug back in if you needed more miles. Many times I see people leave their cars there plugged in for hours. Maybe we should make up some nice stickers for everyone to use on proper etiquette?

Rpgonzalez

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
All the pricks drove BMWs, then Audis, and now Teslas.
Dont forget that early adopters were buying a bare-bones EV for under $40k to support the cause AND gas prices weren't all that high. It was a positive community.

BMW/Audi etc guys paid a premium when they heard Elon call the same exact econo-EV a luxury sedan and gas prices were through the roof. Then, Elon slashed prices, gas prices went down and used Tesla prices crashed (probably sending them upside-down on their loans). Im pretty sure that would turn any one of us into a petty penny pinching d-bag... on principle alone.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Iā€™m old enough to remember a time where a locked gas cap was needed.. thanks president Carter.
I think my most favorite thing is that there are still so many people in this country that think the President of the United States actually somehow sets international oil prices. I get a slight chuckle out of that every time...

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I think my most favorite thing is that there are still so many people in this country that think the President of the United States actually somehow sets international oil prices. I get a slight chuckle out of that every time...
Not directly, but the president can restrict drilling on Federal land, driving down our ability to be energy independent and driving up the cost of oil. Supply and demand drive the price, and a president's policy actions can effect the supply.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
driving down our ability to be energy independent
Unless you ban the export of oil, there is no such thing as being 'energy independent'. You still compete for price on the international market. Even if you domesticaly produce exactly as much as you consume ('energy independent'), it doesn't matter if the domestic producer can sell for more to, say, Germany. You have to be willing to pay equal/more than Germany is willing to pay.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not directly, but the president can restrict drilling on Federal land, driving down our ability to be energy independent and driving up the cost of oil. Supply and demand drive the price, and a president's policy actions can effect the supply.
Yes, but it takes time to get wells up and running even with a sweetheart lease - so there can never be a quick payoff - and even with that small addition to the supply the commodities markets are slow to ease. Many nations have oil reserves not in production, and as you mentioned demand is certainly not in his control. Also random factors like the price of oil plummeting in 2020 driving many frackers out of business has essentially led to consolidation - which is NEVER good for consumers.

Unless you ban the export of oil, there is no such thing as being 'energy independent'. You still compete for price on the international market. Even if you domesticaly produce exactly as much as you consume ('energy independent'), it doesn't matter if the domestic producer can sell for more to, say, Germany. You have to be willing to pay equal/more than Germany is willing to pay.
exactly

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's true, but more local supply does put downward pressure on prices. So the president can influence the price we pay. As I said, not directly but indirectly. Banning drilling on Federal land will have a significant impact on gas prices.

Yes, but it takes time to get wells up and running even with a sweetheart lease - so there can never be a quick payoff - and even with that small addition to the supply the commodities markets are slow to ease. Many nations have oil reserves not in production, and as you mentioned demand is certainly not in his control. Also random factors like the price of oil plummeting in 2020 driving many frackers out of business has essentially led to consolidation - which is NEVER good for consumers
I agree with this also. But just because there isn't a quick payoff doesn't mean there isn't a payoff. Once the wells are producing the increase in supply will put downward pressure on gas prices.

Dā€™Roc

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E SR eAWD
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
I pulled into a hospital parking lot yesterday that had 2 BLNK chargers, one was available and fortunately I was able to charge for a little bit. I noticed a Model S occupying the other BLNK space just sitting there unplugged. Walgreens across the street has 2 Volta chargers that are free for but shut off after 45 minutes. You could probably unplug and plug back in if you needed more miles. Many times I see people leave their cars there plugged in for hours. Maybe we should make up some nice stickers for everyone to use on proper etiquette?
I had an Asshat Tesla driver do this at Snowshoe Resort. I took a picture of their car and posted to PlugShare and commented what a self-absorbed inconsiderate person they must be. Maybe we need more public shaming when etiquette is breached.

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Proof: This feenoke in the pic was 2.5 miles from a Supercharger with like 12 stalls right off I35 or about 6.5 miles from another one with 10-12 stalls. Insteadā€¦..
83ABC2BC-8541-4740-BAD1-56A47E786B97.jpeg
This just looks like a Tesla owner refusing to give Elon Musk another cent since people have started taking bets as to whether Tesla will deliver Full-Self Driving before Twitter is driven out of business.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The President only affects oil prices on the margins, as Iā€™m sure youā€™re aware. Like opening the strategic reserve last year barely moved the price needle for oil/gas. It was a symbolic move in all honesty.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The President only affects oil prices on the margins, as Iā€™m sure youā€™re aware. Like opening the strategic reserve last year barely moved the price needle for oil/gas. It was a symbolic move in all honesty.
Totally agree the strategic oil reserve would only have a temporary and minor impact, especially because it is temporary and the market knows it. However, permanently adding additional domestic oil output capacity would have a significant long run impact. Reducing our domestic oil production capacity will have a big impact also.

Maybe we can agree the president shouldn't have that kind of power.
Sponsored