OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I find PHEVs to be the worst from my experience. They take the charging spots for parking and their baby batteries are almost always full whenever I see them plugged in.

Really need those in charge of parking lots/garages to never put the L2 plugs in desirable spots.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Where I used to work, the shared structure had Chargepoint chargers that weren't free. Also had idle fees if you didn't disconnect when done and the facilities parking people would go around and put "tickets" on cars blocking the chargers. Not sure what the penalties were with the tickets, never got one. As Mando would say, "This is the way".

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It wasn't one of the regulars I normally see every day, so I hope not. I got their license so we'll see if they show up again.
I didn't have an EV at the time, but where I used to work I think in order to access the chargers you needed to sign up for an account with the company. That got you on an email distribution list and from what I understand it worked pretty well. People could put out a request for a spot if they really needed a charge, as well as notify someone that their car was done.

Seems like a system like that shouldn't be too difficult to set up and could be really useful to prevent unplug-rage events...

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
My DD has a PHEV and as a renter has to use public chargers. She has a laminated note she leaves in the window nearest the plug to the effect that if you need the charger, call her cell phone # which she includes, and sheā€™ll give you permission to unplug her car. Sheā€™s very polite as she was raised right. Hehe.
I do that at work where we have free chargers (I offer to move since each spot has a dedicated charger). Sadly about half the chargers are now used by drivers of plug in hybrids who are often done by noon but donā€™t move. And there are dedicated 120V chargers available for hybrids but they gravitate to the L2 chargers which is probably fair game but still frustrates me. Thereā€™s one person who drives one and who always moves their car around noon.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Iā€™m old enough to remember a time where a locked gas cap was needed.. thanks president Carter. Most humans suck. The real question is what should be the response?

Reactions: SWO

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But to be fair, it was the late 70s during the Carter administration that gas went above $1 a gallon. Pumps had to shift to liters or quarts because they weren't designed for more than $1 a gallon. I got a locking gas cap when siphoning was happening because of prices.
To be fair the average price of gas in the US did not go over $1 a gallon until 1980. If you have different stats please post them. Thai is what I found. https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-center/planes-trains-and-automobiles/average-gas-prices-through-history/#:~:text=Gas Prices in the U.S. Throughout History ,of Ukraine begins. 70 more rows

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Facts are optional when it comes to political opinions.
True, that's why I take practically nothing at face value without researching it on my own. I even double check fact checking sites. It's discouraging that it has come to this.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
To be fair the average price of gas in the US did not go over $1 a gallon until 1980. If you have different stats please post them. Thai is what I found. https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-center/planes-trains-and-automobiles/average-gas-prices-through-history/#:~:text=Gas Prices in the U.S. Throughout History ,of Ukraine begins. 70 more rows
Well, thatā€™s about as late into the 70ā€™s you can get. ;) I just remember where I was living when they went to $1 and we moved in 1980. Iā€™m not defending or bashing Carter here, Iā€™m just saying that there was more than the gas crisis in the earlier part of the 70ā€™s and I remember getting a locking gas cap because siphoning gas was a real thing going on then.

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Remember the early 70's also had the OPEC oil embargo. It meant you could buy gas only on certain days and never on Sunday. The used car markets were flooded with old gas guzzlers. It saw the Japanese flooding the new car markets with their more efficient small cars. Something which lead Ford to introduce the Pinto and Chevy the Vega.
Sponsored