J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Dang! Wish that video clip was longer... Thanks for sharing though.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So 3 prototypes! And looking closer and closer to finished products. Good to see that they've made more of them and are out testing in the real world.

Hopefully we'll get some real-life numbers on efficiency and range out of the tests instead of just the computer projections they've published so far.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Looked like the first one was a white GT, based on the "grille"?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looked like the first one was a white GT, based on the "grille"?
I don't think that's a real grille/front panel. Looks like a temporary prototype front. None of the models have an all-black front section like that. And it's a flat black (plastic?) rather than painted.

Even if the grill itself were the real grille, it looks the opposite of the GT to me. The GT has the indentations in it, while the other models have the smooth grille. But I'm guessing the whole front (including grille) is just a temporary testing section. Doesn't look like it has the air vents down below either.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I wish I could see what was on the laptop screens. Also wondering what that small PVC pipe looking thing was for, that was taped over the satellite radio fin. Maybe a weather station?

One of the 'stangs had a tow hitch, too.

The driver seemed to be sleeping, with his chair reclined back. But then he seems to catch a quick glimpse at the camera, so maybe he just didn't want to be filmed.

schmluss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I don't think that's a real grille/front panel. Looks like a temporary prototype front. None of the models have an all-black front section like that. And it's a flat black (plastic?) rather than painted.

Even if the grill itself were the real grille, it looks the opposite of the GT to me. The GT has the indentations in it, while the other models have the smooth grille. But I'm guessing the whole front (including grille) is just a temporary testing section. Doesn't look like it has the air vents down below either.
the GT “indentations” on the grille are under a smooth piece of clear plexiglas on the show car.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I believe the PVC pipe has a MAF (mass air flow) sensor in it--a very common sight on test cars around here.

Note that at 0:40 there is another one charging in the background as well (note the sticker on the top of the windshield just like this one).

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
What location was this?
Sponsored