s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Need to find out why he had on the lift. It could be the reason 300+ are being detained. He did say he was going to have it a few days.
Most people who have the cars were press or it could be a dealer car and the dealers internet sales manager who has a youtube channel showcasing new vehicles. I know a lot of youtuber put the car on lifts to show people what the undercarriage is like and how well the car was put together. Hell some youtubers take the aero cover on undercarriage off to show you the workings under the car but as this is not a retail car dont think that will happen so it is nice to see the undercarriage so people have an idea if they want to work on their car they have to keep track of 200 screws lol.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It's pretty hard to tell in the video, but it looks like they might have it on the lift with the support arms on the edge of the battery!? Are those the jack points? That can't be.
Or maybe it's on the edge of the frame. I can't tell.
I think they did it right. Jacking and Lifting pdf attached for your use. ?

Attachments

karioka

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Route 1
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
These instructions have a reference to the jack provided with the vehicle as follows:

NOTICE: The jack provided with the vehicle is intended to be used in an emergency for changing a deflated tire. To avoid damage to the vehicle, never use the jack to hoist the vehicle for any other purpose.

I wonder where mine went?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just a reminder: don't let tow truck drivers use the holes in the undercarriage as tie-down points either. Both of my battery side rails had to be replaced (under warranty) when the delivery teams didn't read the instructions:
Ford Mustang Mach-E A video look at underside / undercarriage of the Mach-E IMG_6617
y)

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hope the underneath of the MME won't collect as much road crap as the Tesla M3 does!!!

Question .. should it be rustproofed in northern climates? Your thoughts!
I am not doing rustproofing on our Mach-E’s. The undercarriage is mostly an aluminum battery cover, and fibrous aerodynamic covers. Trying to hold vinyl to doors for lining up stripes, they are not magnetic/iron. The only things that really look like they might rust are shocks, springs, and axels.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
The dealer absolutely lifted that car on the battery.

There is a clear difference between the frame rail and the battery enclosure.

These two still from the videos posted show the right way and the wrong way. The pad on the lift is not on the frame.

Lift on battery.jpg

Lift on frame outside battery.jpg

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The lower photo is appropriate. Just outside/ outboard of the battery rail and between the triangles on the plastic body moulding.
The upper photo is very wrong.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The dealer absolutely lifted that car on the battery.

There is a clear difference between the frame rail and the battery enclosure.

These two still from the videos posted show the right way and the wrong way. The pad on the lift is not on the frame.

Ford Mustang Mach-E A video look at underside / undercarriage of the Mach-E Lift on frame outside battery

despite warning my local tire shop NOT to position pads on the battery rails..... guess where I noticed scuff marks and slightly dented frame rail after I had my new wheels in for mount/balance/install ?!

I am pretty disappointed that there are not OBVIOUS pad blocks permanently bolted into the proper lift points. I am considering fabricating some .... so future Service Lifts don't crush the battery rails.