About those AOSK rear door handles. Fail.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Let them know, they've been pretty supportive from what I've seen on the forums. That said, yeah, these unfortunately just don't work as much as I wanted them too, there's not enough clearance to have a proper structure and mine still rubbed.

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Let them know, they've been pretty supportive from what I've seen on the forums. That said, yeah, these unfortunately just don't work as much as I wanted them too, there's not enough clearance to have a proper structure and mine still rubbed.
Actually, they fit rater well. So I had high hopes ASOK had fixed the problem along with the glue. But obviously......

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
AOSK has been very supportive in this forum, providing a lot of value and responsiveness to forum members. Throwing them under the bus with this click bait thread is not cool.

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Jeep Gladiator "Willys"
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Maybe reach out to them and see if they have a solution or design change planned. I own a business and people who go straight to reviews or whining to the world really get a lot less done than just emailing or picking up a phone and working with us. Youā€™d be amazed at how much we want to help probably because the vast majority of us take much more pride in what we do than the normal employee.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
If you are happy with the look and design, there are adhesives that would permanently bond them on. A two part Hysol used on aircraft structures comes to mind.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Why are these needed? Is there an issue with the push button door openers?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Some people do not like the rear door opening technique and prefer the small handles like the front. Hence the aftermarket mod. Iā€™m happy with the stock door opening system personally.

Iā€™ve also found @AOSK to have exemplary customer service. My favorite mod company. (Not a paid endorsement;))

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Some people do not like the rear door opening technique and prefer the small handles like the front. Hence the aftermarket mod. Iā€™m happy with the stock door opening system personally.

Iā€™ve also found @AOSK to have exemplary customer service. My favorite mod company. (Not a paid endorsement;))
Yep. Some people meaning parents of kids that sometimes try to pull the door shut from the backseat, while mom or dad has their fingers on the door frame, because thereā€™s no gd door handle. Fun times. Feels great. Way to go Ford.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Yep. Some people meaning parents of kids that sometimes try to pull the door shut from the backseat, while mom or dad has their fingers on the door frame, because thereā€™s no gd door handle. Fun times. Feels great. Way to go Ford.
Parents have to step up their game. šŸ˜„

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No kids here. We have a cat though as the whole darn forum knows.

Seriously, the rear door issue you described just never occurred to me as ā€¦ no kids ā€¦ I think the original idea of the rear doors is good but they failed to consider just how ā€œcreativeā€ little ones can be. That part I definitely remember. ;)

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
My mom has Parkinsonā€™s. It is really hard for her to get her hand in the gap and opened the door. A button push and a grip is much better.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My mom has Parkinsonā€™s.
Best wishes for you mom. My mother had Parkinsonā€™s as well. She passed away very shortly before Christmas not a kick in the pants short of 89. Youā€™re doing good by thinking of how to make things easier for her.
Sponsored

Last edited: