Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SAAB 9-3, eGolf-2017 and Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Information Security Analyst
Country flag
Does anyone here know if we're going to get access to the built in cameras(see pic) via APP in soon future?
I'm considering buying my own dashcam system if not.
Tesla owners have access to all cameras, and these starts recording if someone approaches to close etc.

Thanks!

Brgds,
Halvard

Mustang Mach-E Cameras.png
Sponsored

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I have been asking the same thing and thinking about getting a dashcam that gives me 360, plus activates when someone walks by my MME.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
The cameras used by the MME are not in ideal locations, don’t have sufficient resolution, or are not oriented correctly, to act as a dashcam substitutes. Or to mimic Tesla’s sentry mode.

This has been repeatedly discussed here.

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes, you will not be able to see faces with the camera positioning, which is completely different than Teslas. Not useful to record.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Go to an empty lot
Turn on the parking cameras (this is very easy now that ford has implemented the button in sync)
Have your friend walk around the car in a 360 degree circle and approach the car from various angles

Now, come back and tell me HONESTLY - is the camera system on the Mustang Mach E suitable for what you want to do? REALLY? And you’re sure you’re sober? Haven’t been indulging in any edibles? Perhaps some other party favors?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Tell the truth now guys, the Mach-e cameras are great at recording socks and shoes.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Go to an empty lot
Turn on the parking cameras (this is very easy now that ford has implemented the button in sync)
Have your friend walk around the car in a 360 degree circle and approach the car from various angles

Now, come back and tell me HONESTLY - is the camera system on the Mustang Mach E suitable for what you want to do? REALLY? And you’re sure you’re sober? Haven’t been indulging in any edibles? Perhaps some other party favors?
That’s not how the actual images look if you were just looking at the recording made by one of the cameras. I’m not sure why everyone keeps suggesting it, that’s not an accurate view of what the actual cameras see. I am not saying the camera angles aren’t bad for sentry mode, I’m just saying this “test” is pointless to determine that.

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
According to the MME vehicle engineering team, it is possible. Also, Ford partnered with ADT for this feature to rollout.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Access to all cameras? Screenshot_20230107-153907

Ford Mustang Mach-E Access to all cameras? Screenshot_20230107-153642

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
According to the MME vehicle engineering team, it is possible. Also, Ford partnered with ADT for this feature to rollout.

Screenshot_20230107-153907.png

Screenshot_20230107-153642.png
I'm not so sure the IPMA is able to export video files to USB. It would take 2-3+ years of software development at Ford's pace to even attempt something like that. Maybe the 2026 Mach-E will have video recording, but pretty sure Ford will charge a monthly subscription for it. It's not happening on our cars, Ford can barely handle rolling out a UI tweak right now.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Access to all cameras? 1673127990817

Ford Mustang Mach-E Access to all cameras? 1673127990817
And Jim Farley said on Twitter that I can go to my ford dealer if I want my frunk release “immediately”. I’ll be calling them on Monday. That will be amusing. Ford has issues with making statements to the trade press sometimes 😀

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
And Jim Farley said on Twitter that I can go to my ford dealer if I want my frunk release “immediately”. I’ll be calling them on Monday. That will be amusing. Ford has issues with making statements to the trade press sometimes 😀
Well … he is correct. You can go there. They can update the modules for you. He said nothing about Ford paying for that or having a button in FordPass. :p :rolleyes:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Access to all cameras? 1673141239947

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well … he is correct. You can go there. They can update the modules for you. He said nothing about Ford paying for that or having a button in FordPass. :p :rolleyes:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Access to all cameras? 1673141239947
More importantly, I expect my dealer service writer to respond with “what’s a ‘frunk’?”