Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
For those who have their cars, how accurate were the dates you received from Ford?

With Ford tracking, it says, “12-28 days from ship date.” This would have made Tuesday 11/16 the 28th day.

On my Ford.com order page, it says, “Estimated delivery Nov. 21 - Nov. 27.”

Where did your actual delivery fall compared to these two estimates?
Sponsored

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
For those who have their cars, how accurate were the dates you received from Ford?

With Ford tracking, it says, “12-28 days from ship date.” This would have made Tuesday 11/16 the 28th day.

You could do an analysis of the data on the spreadsheet populated by forum members as to the milestones of their orders. I did that to identify average delivery time (from built date) of 42 days to Florida. There were some outliers, which I tossed out, as is typical with self-reported data.

Blacklobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT - Grabber Blue (Due 11/14)
Country flag

I have not actually received my car yet, but I am officially 1 week past the end of the delivery date range Ford provided. It looks like I am going to receive the car 2-3 weeks past the date based on when the car actually got to KC. My car was also one of the lucky cars that got to sit in Mexico for ~5 weeks waiting for a chip and then ~4 more weeks waiting on a train.

Genewich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Select
Country flag
My initial delivery date was 11/3, went out to 12/14, now back to 11/25. No sign of actual impelling delivery.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My particular car was delivered within the range estimate. It was near, but not at the end. This was back in late April though. The various ongoing supply line issues, including transportation, have lengthened the process as well.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
My car was delivered to the dealer within the estimate, but due to some issues with the car it was not actually delivered to me until after the estimated delivery window.

Redde

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e Prem ER AWD
Occupation
IT Systems Mgr
Country flag
Ordered online 4/7, built 7/8, original ETA of 8/14, then 10/25, then 12/31, then 11/17-23. Actually showed up 11/17 with no ability to track anywhere; will pick up later today... Received my system delivery email 24 hrs after dealer called me..

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You could do a lot of analysis but generally their estimates are pretty close unless something happens to the car to delay delivery.

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
I am very disappointed in the Ford Customer Service re the delivery date. I totally get that there are chip shortages and supply chain issues. But I went with Ford over Tesla largely because of customer service. Tesla has none and Ford had been at this game for a long time. There is no reason that Ford can't have a link that shows their real time display of where each order is in the process. When I go to vehicle tracker, it has never changed from "order placed." The salesman says it's built and sitting somewhere in Mexico awaiting chips. I am not sure why I don't have direct access to that info. My car was originally due the first week of Oct. Now....???

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I am very disappointed in the Ford Customer Service re the delivery date. I totally get that there are chip shortages and supply chain issues. But I went with Ford over Tesla largely because of customer service. Tesla has none and Ford had been at this game for a long time. There is no reason that Ford can't have a link that shows their real time display of where each order is in the process. When I go to vehicle tracker, it has never changed from "order placed." The salesman says it's built and sitting somewhere in Mexico awaiting chips. I am not sure why I don't have direct access to that info. My car was originally due the first week of Oct. Now....???
Exactly. I can place an order for an item shipped via UPS, and I have the ability to easily view granular tracking data. It's not rocket science with intermediate destination scans that automatically update a database.

Even with a refrigerator we ordered from Lowe's, we got an estimated delivery date that was confirmed within a week. Once confirmed, we, were given a 12-hour delivery window, but were told that a more specific half-hour window would be communicated to us 24 hours prior to the delivery day.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
You could do a lot of analysis but generally their estimates are pretty close unless something happens to the car to delay delivery.
That's a big enough hole to drive everybody's car through. My car sits with a dead battery unable to be delivered and it appears there is not a solution to be found. No ownership of the problem, no ETA and no response from Ford. And, I'm not alone either.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Exactly. I can place an order for an item shipped via UPS, and I have the ability to easily view granular tracking data. It's not rocket science with intermediate destination scans that automatically update a database.

Even with a refrigerator we ordered from Lowe's, we got an estimated delivery date that was confirmed within a week. Once confirmed, we, were given a 12-hour delivery window, but were told that a more specific half-hour window would be communicated to us 24 hours prior to the delivery day.
Ok, this cracks me up. You're comparing a $50K car ordered from the manufacturer and needs to be built to a maybe $2K refrigerator most likely ordered from a retailer that has them in a warehouse. I know you'd expect better visibility for a $50K car, but guess what, the comms related to Ford direct orders are no different than other vehicle manufacturers, with the exception of Tesla. Not sticking up for Ford's lack of comms, but some of you are expecting them to drop everything to tell you where the car is.

Yes, it's frustrating (my car took 8 f-ing months), but you all act as if they are intentionally trying to drag this out instead of selling and getting cars on the road.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ok, this cracks me up. You're comparing a $50K car ordered from the manufacturer and needs to be built to a maybe $2K refrigerator most likely ordered from a retailer that has them in a warehouse. I know you'd expect better visibility for a $50K car, but guess what, the comms related to Ford direct orders are no different than other vehicle manufacturers, with the exception of Tesla. Not sticking up for Ford's lack of comms, but some of you are expecting them to drop everything to tell you where the car is.

Yes, it's frustrating (my car took 8 f-ing months), but you all act as if they are intentionally trying to drag this out instead of selling and getting cars on the road.
I just don’t think it’s unreasonable to provide some transparency when you’re talking about a $50K+ car in an age when data is so easily disseminated with a little bit of effort. This is especially helpful during these days of chip shortages and supply chain issues. If it can be done for inexpensive items, why not an expensive car? It’s not too much to ask.

FordNextGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E
Country flag
my estimated delivery was Oct 23-29 (notified that it shipped Oct 10). Still hasn't been updated as of Nov 22. Now updated in palsapp from destination to my dealer to destination "null". Still pending.