stanimo

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E (if it ever comes!), Toyota Highlander
Country flag
I'm in the same situation. Car ordered on 3/3/21. Car delivery on Ford's site was 10/26-11/1. Twenty two days later and no car and zero info since. Ford Marketing was sympathetic, but had no tools to track the car, can't offer incentives, and unable to escalate further. Ford dealer is literally like dealing with the airlines - don't know, don't care, call Ford. Ford says car's built, so talk to the dealer. As a Ford shareholder I want the company to do well and at least acknowledge they have a fundamental tracking and delivery problem (and that dealers need to be held accountable if they're the last mile), but no one's listening! Seems like everyone's focusing on the chip shortage and no one's talking about the mess that's Ford delivery (outside this forum). So frustrating.
Sponsored

Blacklobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT - Grabber Blue (Due 11/14)
Country flag
I just don’t think it’s unreasonable to provide some transparency when you’re talking about a $50K+ car in an age when data is so easily disseminated with a little bit of effort. This is especially helpful during these days of chip shortages and supply chain issues. If it can be done for inexpensive items, why not an expensive car? It’s not too much to ask.
You are working under the assumption that they have the systems and processes in place to track it this way and publish this data to a system that is easily queriable. Speaking from working in data management for a large company. This is just not the case with a lot of legacy systems. Remember Ford has not used to selling a lot of cars built to order so they have never been motivated to implement processes to make that data available. Speaking as someone that has been waiting 7 months and counting I totally want more information but I can see why it is not available.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
You are working under the assumption that they have the systems and processes in place to track it this way and publish this data to a system that is easily queriable. Speaking from working in data management for a large company. This is just not the case with a lot of legacy systems. Remember Ford has not used to selling a lot of cars built to order so they have never been motivated to implement processes to make that data available. Speaking as someone that has been waiting 7 months and counting I totally want more information but I can see why it is not available.
That's all true...now it's time for them (just as other businesses have) adapt to the new marketplace :)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
5 days between built and shipped on 10/19/21. Delivered to dealer 28 days later. Dealer took 3 days for prep, picked up at 31 days from shipment. Estimated delivery was 41 days from shipment. ?

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
At the risk of jumping the gun (car is schedule by trucking company to be delivered today):
31 days "In Production", completed on 9/20
Shippped on 9/21, delivered to Dealer on 11/23 - 62 days.
Shipping estimate was 30 "business" days

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
5 days between built and shipped on 10/19/21. Delivered to dealer 28 days later. Dealer took 3 days for prep, picked up at 31 days from shipment. Estimated delivery was 41 days from shipment. ?
Looks like it's quicker to CA...mine was shipped on the same day, and as of today, 35 days and the car is still in transit. It's on a Norfolk Southern flatbed train in Waverly, NY; where it hasn't moved for the past 24 hours.

Sam Sme

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD Iconic Silver
Country flag
my estimated delivery was Oct 23-29 (notified that it shipped Oct 10). Still hasn't been updated as of Nov 22. Now updated in palsapp from destination to my dealer to destination "null". Still pending.
I'm pretty much the same as you. Palsapp had null for ever and yesterday it got updated to the dealers name put status still says "pending". My car shipped Oct 21 and was to be delivered last week. I called the dealer last week and he was going to call the rail company. I stopped by the dealers on Saturday and he said it's on hold some where on a railcar, but would call me yesterday Monday with an update, today is Tuesday and still have not heard from him. I am just a bit excited because palsapp got updated to dealers info, but what does that mean? I'm guessing they found the car but how much longer before its delivered to the dealer?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
My car was delivered before the delivery window. Just based on what I have observed in this forum, a large percentage of people have received their cars either within the estimated dates, or before. I agree with @ChasingCoral.

Blacklobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT - Grabber Blue (Due 11/14)
Country flag
That's all true...now it's time for them (just as other businesses have) adapt to the new marketplace :)
Oh I agree with you that they need to update their processes and systems. Especially with them saying they want to make build to order normal in the future. It takes time but I totally agree I sure hope they are working on improving this experience.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Oh I agree with you that they need to update their processes and systems. Especially with them saying they want to make build to order normal in the future. It takes time but I totally agree I sure hope they are working on improving this experience.
Interestingly, I spoke with my dealer this morning, and he said that Ford is working on providing granular tracking information to customers, since most cars are now being ordered, and customers expect it.

stanimo

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E (if it ever comes!), Toyota Highlander
Country flag
So what are everyones thoughts on how to best escalate these delivery/tracking/transparency issues to Ford's attention? Ford Marketing (main contact number to call) doesn't have the tools or ability to help, and this issue is clearly out of dealers hands. Short of creating a Tweeter/Facebook/LinkedIn shit storm, is there anything else we can do to shine a light on this issue and get some clarity from Ford?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
So what are everyones thoughts on how to best escalate these delivery/tracking/transparency issues to Ford's attention? Ford Marketing (main contact number to call) doesn't have the tools or ability to help, and this issue is clearly out of dealers hands. Short of creating a Tweeter/Facebook/LinkedIn shit storm, is there anything else we can do to shine a light on this issue and get some clarity from Ford?
I think they already know. But the most important storm needs to come from the dealers who are Ford's direct customers. If the dealers make an issue about it, Ford is more likely to solve it.

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
I think they already know. But the most important storm needs to come from the dealers who are Ford's direct customers. If the dealers make an issue about it, Ford is more likely to solve it.
This is a really sublte and interesting point. Today, the only "customers" Ford, or any other OEM not named Tesla, have are their dealers. 100% of all cars are sold to Dealers. The Dealers sell the cars to the end users. Going forward, the OEM's want to have responsibility for sales, but that implies enormous changs to infrastructure, systems, laws, attitudes, etc. Its going to happen, but it will take several more years before the OEM's start to be "end-user" centric.