Achieved 3 miles per KWH. It looks like the 270 mile range is real.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I driven 1,100 miles and have averaged 3.5 kW/hrs. That number has been going up since I got the car. It's been fairly cold here as well. Actually going down to 15° F here tonight.

1100 miles.jpg
Classic Rewind, nice choice of music ?

OP
OP
jdk22

jdk22

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, First Edition rapid red
Occupation
retired (it's great)
Country flag
Nice color! I was wondering if that color makes a difference in insurance premiums and if so by how much?
I don't think so. I saw a thread on what folks were paying for insurance and my rate was very competitive.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I live in a condo by the way with no charging infrastructure on site, so no preconditioning, (we just get in the car and go), and I'm totally dependent upon public charging infrastructure for the moment (mostly 50kw chargers in town) until we buy a home later in the year. That being said, I probably will not feel the need to charge again until Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, and we made the trip this Saturday.

After this experience I am extremely confident in taking her for much longer trips with the family, and just plain old driving her like a regular vehicle without any range anxiety whatsoever! Great job Ford!! ?

On a side note, that estimated range of 120km on 37% battery remaining is SUPER PESSIMISTIC, based on the fact that 263.9km (actual range used thus far) + 120km (estimated remaining at 37%) = 383.9km. But in reality my consumption thus far of 5km per kwh would yield me 440km in real world driving, which is a difference of 56.1km. Now that I think about Ford is likely taking a super conservative approach that is the equivalent to an ICE vehicle empty light coming on which in most cases still means you have about 50km left in the tank left in reserve to get you to a gas station.
I Street Park as well, so the public charging infrastructure will be a huge part of my experience. I took my Route 1 off the dealer lot at about 88% (they offered to charge it fully, but with only a level 2 I didn't feel like waiting lol), have driven about 200 miles, and it still shows 21% left. Dividing 200 by .67 puts me at about 298 miles per charge, which jives quite nicely with the 3.5 my trip monitor is showing. Gonna charge it at a Chargepoint about 10 blocks away to get me ready for my 105 miles of driving tomorrow. So far so good with my first BEV ?

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Agree. It will get better as it warms up. My FE is averaging 3.3 mi/kWh over the first 1000 miles or so. Last couple of days I have seen 3.5-3.9 on the display after some reasonable trips.

20210305_132054.jpg

20210305_185444.jpg

20210305_131933.jpg
How can you display How is my driving scores? I am really struggling to find things in the menus and the search engine yields no results most of the time. Has someone posted a menu tree yet?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
How can you display How is my driving scores? I am really struggling to find things in the menus and the search engine yields no results most of the time. Has someone posted a menu tree yet?
Touch the icon top center (might have your profile pic or just be an icon). Then select My Trips. (Or maybe it just says Trips....)

To expand the screen to show the driving scores, touch this button.

Screenshot_20210314-090941_Photo Editor.jpg

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Touch the icon top center (might have your profile pic or just be an icon). Then select My Trips. (Or maybe it just says Trips....)

To expand the screen to show the driving scores, touch this button.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Achieved 3 miles per KWH. It looks like the 270 mile range is real. Screenshot_20210314-090941_Photo Editor
Thank you! I have seen that button on other menus, could not find any explanation for it. This is great! I really, really, really appreciate all your help!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thank you! I have seen that button on other menus, could not find any explanation for it. This is great! I really, really, really appreciate all your help!
I think of the screen as 4 different areas. Header and footer is fixed. Then we have a primary area for the active app and a secondary area for cards which are quick links to recently used apps. That icon is a toggle to expands the primary area and suppresses the hot card section down a bit.

Another trick that I stumbled on is the same touch to open a sub menu will also close that same menu most times. Things like settings, or the little car, or climate control screen. Tap to open, then tap to close. Also, tapping works to adjust fan speed, heated seats, temp etc. I prefer that vs using the slider.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
To get the stated 270 mile range on the extended range AWD, I should average 3 miles per KWH. The first 400 miles I was averaging about 2.5. It has been very cold plus I probably have been enjoying the acceleration a bit. Today it was 45 and sunny, and I had a 100 mile trip. I actually got 3 miles per KWH. It looks like the 270 mile range is real, under the right conditions. Also, I took advantage of the weather to do the first car wash.
so I think a question many including me are going to wonder about here - did the "guess-o-meter" for range come across as unnecessarily pessimistic to you or did it "eventually" seem to get more accurate or?
I concur that 270 is real and that the guessometer is improving but is likely to remain conservative. In my drive to and around Florida in my First Edition, I can make the following observations:
My first two legs in Maryland, Virginia, and into North Carolina my efficiency was between 2.5-2.6, so an effective range of around 225 miles in cold, rainy weather and driving between 70-80 mph.
After that, despite 75-80 mph speeds, my efficiency was between 2.9-3.0, an effective range of about 260 miles.
At "EPA" speeds, I think 270 miles will be easy and others have reported over 300.

More important than the guessometer is the navigation estimates. They have been spot on. I had multiple legs that estimated about 25-30 miles of remaining range on arrival and have arrived very close or perhaps with a few extra miles of range. That sure beats my Leaf that often starts burning through the battery faster than expected.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Nice red! I selected Infinite Blue - second guessing after seeing your photo ;)

I took my order a couple days ago - AWD extended. Right now I have about 280 miles on the car, The guesstimate is a range of only 196 miles, which is worrying. It's been high 30's / low 40's. But it has also been rainy, which may impact efficiency/added drag on road?

Fingers crossed that when weather warms up a bit and when roads are dry, that I get much closer to that 270.
I got the same model and color arrived to dealer couple days ago and it needs to sail, Seattle to Anchorage for me. The dealer accepted my activation so I could have that and in Seattle weather around 45F or so the car showed 97% charge and 209 mile range on my app. Also, 11 miles on the odometer ? I was hoping to see closer to 270 with it being a nice day.
In Alaska my original reservation a standard range AWD Premium. Early February around 9F outside, 100% charge 124 mile range.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I got the same model and color arrived to dealer couple days ago and it needs to sail, Seattle to Anchorage for me. The dealer accepted my activation so I could have that and in Seattle weather around 45F or so the car showed 97% charge and 209 mile range on my app. Also, 11 miles on the odometer ? I was hoping to see closer to 270 with it being a nice day.
In Alaska my original reservation a standard range AWD Premium. Early February around 9F outside, 100% charge 124 mile range.
You need to clear the EV history before first use and then the car will learn what it can do under your conditions. The Guess-O-Meter always starts out very conservative.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
You need to clear the EV history before first use and then the car will learn what it can do under your conditions. The Guess-O-Meter always starts out very conservative.
Thanks! Can’t wait.
I’m finalizing paperwork with my dealership now. The roof alignment looked a little off just from the pictures and I’m having them ship the car to me.
Did you ever have any issues with your Panoramic roof/windshield alignment? And do you think as long as I get them to document it’s abnormality, that if it becomes an issue my local Ford will honor fixing it?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks! Can’t wait.
I’m finalizing paperwork with my dealership now. The roof alignment looked a little off just from the pictures and I’m having them ship the car to me.
Did you ever have any issues with your Panoramic roof/windshield alignment? And do you think as long as I get them to document it’s abnormality, that if it becomes an issue my local Ford will honor fixing it?
My roof is fine but yes, get them to document it so they can work with Ford.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Agree. It will get better as it warms up. My FE is averaging 3.3 mi/kWh over the first 1000 miles or so. Last couple of days I have seen 3.5-3.9 on the display after some reasonable trips.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Achieved 3 miles per KWH. It looks like the 270 mile range is real. Screenshot_20210314-090941_Photo Editor

After around 1300 miles in my FE, I am also averaging 3.3 miles / kwh which translates to 290 miles per 88 kwh (buffered ER). My driving is in SoCal so the weather is very good, but my mileage is mostly in hilly areas with altitude ranges of a couple thousand feet, and my foot can be quite aggressive in Unbridled. GOM has only gone up to 250 miles on a full charge though.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I did a highway range test last saturday to get an idea of highway efficiency in my Route 1. Ther were spots of 55, 65, and 70 mph. At 73mph I got 3.1 mi/kwh, but the overall average came out to 3.4 mi/kwh averaging 67 mph. Since it doesn't actually show 3.4 (tripmeter goes from 3.3 to 3.5) I had to compute that based on actual battery percentage used over the 134 mile drive. This was in 67 to 70 degree weather with some elevation changes, but since I drove out and back the elevation changes evened out.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
EV Dave did a 75mph range test in 70-80F temps. Driving down to 1%, he got 2.6mi/kWh and 231 miles over rolling freeway.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Achieved 3 miles per KWH. It looks like the 270 mile range is real. Screenshot_20210413-055424

he did a similar test at 56mph and got 320mi of range.
Sponsored